Verified First Reviews

Updated Oct 6, 2020

4.6
Verified First CEO Devon Dickinson
Devon Dickinson
Pros
  • "What else can I say about the best place to work at Verified First(in 15 reviews)

• "Positive company culture, paid insurance premiums, accrued PTO(in 5 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "The good and the not great"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth. If you can activate, advocate for yourself, welcome feedback and grow from it, VF will absolutely use your skills and abilities and promote you to roles you qualify for or can grow into. Ask for it, and you will get it. If you ask for additional tools to better yourself and your skillset, in the very least VF seriously considers giving you the bandwidth and budget to pursue these (industry certification credentials, webinars, industry training, etc).

Cons

Some leaders seem to be much more strategically aware of changes/attitudes in the workforce than others. Others don't realize there is a problem until qualified employees are quitting. Only higher up/salaried employees get sick leave or they accrue paid time off at a higher rate to allow for sick time.

August 28, 2020

First and foremost, we are so happy to have you as a part of our team! We are glad to hear that you are able to grow here and are encouraging others to do the same. We really do want to see our team get stronger in their skills and abilities and pursue the next steps in their careers here at VF. Salaried employees do accrue PTO at a higher rate than hourly employees do, as the amount of hours worked to complete the job are often more demanding. In addition, we did adjust our PTO accruals at the beginning of this year to allow all of our employees more time to use however they most need it. We strive to have an open-door policy and we apologize if there are situations that you feel that is not the case. Our goal is to make sure that all employees know they can come to management whenever they need to and they will be heard. We always appreciate feedback, we want to continue to grow as an organization as well! Please feel free to reach out to hr@verifiedfirst.com if you would like to address this more in-depth.

2. "A lot of room for growth for employees"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time

Pros

Company likes to promote from within, employees often have the ability to learn multiple roles if they would like to, company challenges employees and expects the highest quality of work.

Cons

Company does have some strange work culture things that feels reminiscent of a call center, though it's not a call center. Things like weird dress code, 'points' for calling in sick, offering employees to purchase old office supplies they're getting rid of, etc.) but I think they're working on improving the work culture overall. Many great managers are affecting change in the culture and it can only get better from here.

October 9, 2020

We are so glad that you are a part of the VF team and hope you stay with us for many years! We enjoy seeing team members pursue the next steps in their careers here at VF, as well as get stronger in their skills and abilities. We do understand that dress codes are not always the most agreed upon or fun topic, but we have made quite a few changes over the years. Our business casual dress code allows everyone to be comfortable (including jeans and tennis shoes), while still maintaining a professional image. PTO and the attendance policy are both areas that we have adapted over the years. Two years in a row we've increased PTO accruals for both exempt and nonexempt employees to allow them a better work-life balance!. As for the attendance policy, we believe that predictable and reliable attendance of employees results in world-class service to our clients. As for selling office equipment at a discounted rate - there is actually a cool "why" behind this! At times there may be an employee in crisis who has an unexpected financial need. Selling our older equipment like this helps fund a "slush fund" for such instances. It's pretty neat that this doesn't go to some random account, but instead, is returned to someone on the team who might be struggling to sign their kid up for a sport or buy presents for the holidays! Culture is very important to us and never want our employees to feel like they are working at anything less than one of the Best Places to Work in Idaho. If you have any suggestions to help us improve the culture, especially in these times where we primarily remote, please reach out to us at hr@verifiedfirst.com.

3. "Feeling valued"

Current Employee - National Account Executive

I have been working at Verified First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Verified First is a great company. The leadership team has a vision for the company and they are continuing to enhance their products/services along with internal technology for employees. Your voice can be heard within VF which ultimately can impact the company in a positive manner. VF is a forward thinking company and pivots quickly based upon client needs and employee feed back. As with any company, change occurs constantly and you need to adapt to the new path. VF will invest in you with training and tools so you can become successful but you ultimately need to be a self-starter.

Cons

At the moment none to list.

August 17, 2020

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad you feel that your opinion is heard and valued - as it is! Keep providing feedback on ways for us to improve our products and services and there will be no stopping us! Glad you are on our team.

4. "Amazing Company to Work For"

Current Employee - National Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership, Technology, Culture, Work-Life Balance, Opportunities

Cons

This industry has hundreds if not thousands of competitors.

August 13, 2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating! We are glad you enjoy working with us, as our employees make up our award-winning culture, and will help us win-out among all the industry competitors!

5. "Good Company"

I have been working at Verified First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to work for! Sales has been an awesome opportunity here.

Cons

Wish the pay was better.

August 17, 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you've enjoyed your time with us in the sales role. In the last couple of years we have increased base pay to be in line with market wages, and our bonus pay continues to grow for the employee as the more they sell. If you have feedback on ways to grow that even more - we encourage you to huddle with your manager on it, or send an email to hr@verifiedfirst.com to get that conversation started!

6. "Awesome place to work at"

Former Employee - Criminal Records Specialist in Meridian, ID

I worked at Verified First full-time for less than a year

Pros

cool and nice people nice activities

Cons

non to share that i can think of

August 13, 2020

Thank you for your positive review, and we are glad you enjoyed all the fun people and activities we plan throughout the year.

7. "The most exciting and rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Executive leadership and my colleagues are some of the smartest, most talented, and inspiring people I've ever worked with and I'm supported, encouraged, and empowered in a way that I couldn't have even dreamed of. From day one, I've been completely trusted to implement new ideas and processes, even though they were often major deviation from how things had been done. That level of trust truly starts at the top and works its way down and is a huge part of why the culture at Verified First is so amazing. Everyone is wildly supportive of their peers and takes extreme ownership of the results - we win together and we learn together. We enter each month with WIG's (Wildly Important Goals) and when we hit them (and we usually do), we celebrate success as a whole company and do it in a big way - swag, parties, movies, etc. This really is an extraordinary place to work and I really mean it when I say that this place is changing lives.

Cons

The pace is fast, really fast, like break-neckingly fast. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, and that's coming from someone who often has to wait for others to catch up. If you have a hard time with change, this is not the job for you.

January 10, 2020

Thank you so much for the kind words! We definitely move at a fast pace, and realize it might not be for everyone, but we're "pumped" that it works for you, and look forward to continuing to impress our rock star employees!

8. "Growing company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Verified First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, can be fun

Cons

Push for sales to hard, not about you but about the numbers

January 10, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear that you didn't witness the same award-winning culture that Verified First prides itself on. We'd love to hear from you on ways we can continue to grow our national client base, while still showing our teams how much we truly value them. Please email us at hr@verifiedfirst.com with your ideas!

9. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boise, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Verified First for a few years and I have no plans of leaving(unless they drag me out kicking and screaming). I love that I can be myself here(to an extent of course as I still have be professional). They truly care about their employees. There are not many companies that would do what this company has done for their employees. Not only on a professional level, but a personal level as well. Just an example, since I have been here there have been 2 tragic events to occur. The action taken by the owners and management was truly astonishing. I was so humbled by it. It is the little things that matter. P.S. We have the best HR people EVER!

Cons

All companies are going to have pros and cons. Like with everything in life. The difference is that Verified First does work to improve things to make their employees happy. Things do not happen overnight. So many things have been improved since I started here and I know they will continue on that track. I am excited for the years to come!

December 11, 2019

We are so honored to receive your review. Often the little things go unnoticed, but tend to make all the difference in the world. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on what we do well during the more challenging times, and identifying that we are always seeking ways to improve. We'll continue to invest in our people- both professionally and personally! PS- We think we have the best employees EVER!

10. "BEST JOB EVER"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Verified First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working for this company. Owners, management truly cares about you and your success not only for your professional career but for your personal home and family life as well. If you want to work for a place that appreciates you and what you bring to the table then this is the place for you.

Cons

I don't have any

December 11, 2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We are glad to hear that you feel welcomed and invested in- both personally and professionally. Thank you for helping us grow our amazing culture!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 English Reviews