Verigent Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Pros

Great place nice people. I have no problems with the job or any of the people that supervised me at Verigent.

Cons

Job was meaningless at times. It was a lot of the same thing day in and day out but it was good to just zone out while doing it.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. The things I didn't like were just how work ends up being sometime. I doubt there is anything to do about it.

"A lot to improve upon..."

I worked at Verigent full-time

Pros

Good environment of people, but upper management is very shady. The people are very nice, but a lot of them dont know what they are doing. Best thing is the weekly pay check

Cons

Salary was awful. Living pay check to pay check. It got to a point where they changed the entire commission structure and that was awful. Overall shady management and the application jobscience essentially made recruiters responsible for the entire HR process as well. They work laborer jobs that 85% of applicants dont show up for and. Only thing worse than Jobscience is having to work a 1/2 day unskilled labor req only for the candidate to not show up the next day...

Advice to Management

Pay fair wages, allow for better commission structure, hire capable recruiters, allow them to do their work in a non micro-manged environment, and for gods sake...GET RID OF JOBSCIENCE....ITS AWFUL!!

Aug 5, 2016 – HR Manager

We are very disappointed to hear that your experience at Verigent was far less than ideal. We understand that change is difficult and each change impacts individuals differently. This feedback ... More

"Payroll Specialist"

Pros

The dress code is fair.

Cons

Horrible place to work. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. Management has a "sink or swim" mentality. There is no diversity in this place AND everything is just organized chaos. They do not take into consideration their values and neither does it reflect on their employees. STAY FAR AWAY IF POSSIBLE.

Advice to Management

Do not hire minorities if you plan to discriminate against them.

Aug 22, 2016 – HR Manager

We are sorry you feel this way. We take all opinions seriously, and appreciate all feedback. We offer thorough training when an employee first joins Verigent, and slowly build up their ... More

"Would not recommend Verigent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Pros

A good day at Verigent is when the people that micro manage it out of the office.

Cons

Wow...where do I begin, first the pay is definitely a low ball...you do so much work in the payroll department but get paid way less than its worth.
    The overwhelming micro-management makes the work environment stressful. If you are not the supervisors pet, you will get the worse bulk of the work load. The atmosphere there is toxic, and discriminating, anyone of OTHER as a race want make it long. You will see this soon as you walk, through the door (lack of diversity) . If you are looking for a diverse work environment, room to grow, and peace of mind in your next job...this is not it.

Advice to Management

Put your mico-management in check. Stop letting them push employees out the door. Also when employees are term, quit etc. Stop bashing their names in the ground (discrediting their job performance) to the rest of the dept. they may have friends that still work there and it does get back to them. Very back stabbing place to work...

Jun 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Verigent, we try to live up to our values, of honesty, appreciation, service, community, partnership and fairness each and every day . I am ... More

"business development"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Verigent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company is growing and adding multiple offices. comp plan is competitive and benefits are decent

Cons

company is moving away from Telecommunications and wanting to shift more into the Information Technology space. Does not have the experienced delivery team to handle these types of requirements. New management team has been put into place and already starting to see things be excessively micro-managed

Advice to Management

stop counting the number of phone calls made per day. meetings, number of reqs and starts are what really counts.

Jun 6, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your thoughts. Your input, and feedback from all our employees is vitally important to us. We are focusing our growth in both industries and continue to develop and train the sales ... More

7. "Good Company for a career in Recruiting or Sales"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

Verigent is a very supportive company with great values. Everyone wants to see you succeed. I learned a lot about recruiting and sales. My skill set really developed in my time at here. I felt comfortable speaking and working with everyone.

Cons

Clear communication of promotions for employees is helpful!

Advice to Management

Continue the Verigent Values.

"Get in and get out"

I worked at Verigent full-time

Pros

Good entry-level job if you want to get into staffing as a recruiter, not a place to stay long-term. I know several people that only made it a couple months and then went on to get paid 20-25% more to do the same job elsewhere. Weekly pay is the biggest (only) plus.

Cons

Wow, where to begin. Firstly, the company culture is toxic at all levels. Recruiters are miserable, sales people are miserable, HR and admin staff are miserable. Overall, it is a very dead-end job. There is a lack of appreciation from the top-down for the little guys that do all the work. I could go on, but pay, management, and culture are bad. Additionally, everything is micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots - adding senior management and ignoring tenured staff is not the best way to grow. Additionally, stand by the values of appreciation and honesty. Address the turnover problems head-on.

May 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for this feedback. We are disappointed in receiving this negative review because employee appreciation, satisfaction and long-term tenure and growth are things that we strive for as ... More

"Growing company with a great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Pros

Verigent sincerely cares about its employees, both internal and external. Management takes time to listen to their employees, is consistently looking for ways to improve the organization and has created an environment that focuses on coaching and developing employees. The culture is great and the opportunities to grow and develop professionally definitely exists, including moving into new roles and to new markets. This is an exciting time to be part of Verigent!

Cons

As we grow there have been and will continue to be a lot of changes to processes, systems and structure. Change can be challenging if someone's resistant, however if you embrace it and understand it's necessary to sustain growth, then it's really of no concern.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people who are in alignment with our core values and want to succeed with a truly awesome company.

10. "HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verigent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is very positive, and all co-workers work together as a team. Verigent is a growing company, so there is room for growth and advancement in your career. Open environment where suggestions for improvements are welcomed.

Cons

There is always room for improvement, and Senior Management is keen on continuing to improve to ensure Verigent remains a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

11. "Telecom technician"

Pros

Working for other companies as per the contract.

Cons

It can stop any time as per customer decides.