Veritiss Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive"

Current Employee - Executive in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Executive in Reston, VA

I have been working at Veritiss part-time

Pros

Dear Prospective Employee,
    I have been affiliated with Veritiss as an executive since 2008. Most likely, I have seen and heard much more about our company than those few disgruntled former employees who have made some rather unfavorable anonymous comments about us. Veritiss is a service-disabled veteran, minority-owned, and woman-owned small business established in 2004 in Northern Virginia. Our passion has always been to give the Government more than they expect by exceeding their contract requirements and providing them with the “wow factor,” especially when the contracts are in support of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines deployed overseas. We have done that! Failure or mission degradation is never an option for us. Our reputation with the Government has been exemplary over the past 12 years due to our high regard and commitment to customer-focused quality performance and our strong internal code of ethics. We strive to conduct all of our affairs with the Government, with each other, with our communities, and with our corporate partners according to the highest standards of ethical behavior. Moreover, we expect our people to care about one another and the company and, to treat everyone with dignity and respect. Unfortunately, not all of our employees have been a proper fit for us. Some came to us with ‘emotional baggage’ from previous employments, which we discovered during the hiring process but overlooked in order to give them a second change, or they purposely lied or withheld that information from us in their resumes and during the interviews but their ‘true colors’ became readily apparent later. If it had been up to me, I probably would have let most of our past ‘problem employees’ go long before our CEO actually did so. She tends to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and multiple chances in an effort to rehabilitate them. She is always concerned about the impact that letting someone go will have on them and their families. In most cases, one almost has to fire oneself before being asked to leave us. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said “we should all learn from the mistakes of others because you can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” Our CEO understands that “do-ers” make mistakes. Making mistakes at Veritiss is seldom a problem as long as one’s motives are ethical and one learns from them. However, ‘crimes’ are another matter. By crimes I mean premeditated unethical behavior to promote one’s own personal agenda or to enhance one’s ego and reputation in the company falsely or at the determinant of others… that, we do not tolerate! Neither do we tolerate moral relativism… the philosophy that all beliefs are equally valid. No; at Veritiss one must be willing to accept and embrace our corporate values and our business ethics; otherwise, we shall wish you well and pray that you find suitable employment elsewhere. So, on behalf of all the loyal and hard working men and women at Veritiss, I should like to say to the ‘bloggers’ who made some rather hateful and inappropriate comments about an African-American women and former soldier from the Cleveland intercity who has fought the good fight and beat the odds by raising herself out of poverty and building a successful company that provides a decent livelihood to many employees and their families, we wish you well and hope that you will find faith, hope, and your purpose in life. We are truly sorry that it was not at Veritiss. We encourage you to take responsibility for yourselves and your past deeds, learn from them, and get on with it. May God bless you and be with you and your families.

Cons

As a small company, Veritiss is certainly not able to provide everyone with the same career selections and opportunities as large companies... should be axiomatic. We only ask that you compare us to similar size companies in the area... culture and values, work/life balance, and especially compensation and benefits before deciding (compare 'apples against apples;' not apples against larger fruit, metaphorically speaking).

Advice to Management

To the President & CEO... thanks you very much indeed for 14 years of friendship, trust, and loyalty, which as we should all know is a two lane highway that runs in both directions. Keep the faith!

2. "gov contracting work"

I have been working at Veritiss full-time

Pros

friendly people and laid back atmosphere

Cons

lack of professional training, handbook is not followed

Advice to Management

provide annual reviews and pay for or provide at least 3 days of training per year

"A sad place to work"

Pros

Unfortunately, as hard as I try, I sincerely can not think of a single positive to share. I am not in the general business of bashing people or bothering to write any negative reviews, but for the sake of hopefully saving someone else from making as big of a mistake as I made in deciding to work here, I feel like I had to write something. If you are reading this, please take all the reviews into consideration. The short time i spent at this company was nothing short of a nightmare. The turnover is the craziest I have ever seen in 20 years of working in the government contracting industry. Despite what a recent review implied, this turnover was mostly voluntary as the working environment was so horrible. Not since childhood have I ever witnessed such deplorable and childish behavior towards others, and not since childhood have I ever witnessed such utter lack of self-awareness. Personal issues and employees private lives are exactly that, private. Yet the CEO would gossip for hours a day telling stories (and usually out right lies) about former and current employees. She would divulge very private information about individuals that had no business being talked about in a business setting. This behavior on her part was always excused for one reason or another and she would place blame for turnover and any and all business issues on said former or current employees that she would choose to be the target of the day. I could go on, but I think the other reviews should give you a clear picture of the type of work environment you would experience here. Aside from all of this however is the utter lack of real business acumen and crazed work flow. Working weekends was not only a normal occurance but it was expected. This generally had to occur b/c there was no real leadership or organization taking place, so things were always left to the last minute and chaotic. Work/Life balance is unheard of here and highly discouraged. It's nothing more than a term to repeat to appear that the company is current with modern working environments. There is no work from home, there is no flex schedule and late nights and weekends are expected. The phone system is from the 1980's and the computer systems and associated policies aren't much newer than that.

Cons

I hate to be so negative but very sadly everything....

Advice to Management

Please start taking true responsibility for your actions. The blame game gets very old and transparent after only a short time. Take a real unbiased look at your turnover and take real leadership training. Until you start accepting responsibility for your actions (and not excusing all problems on the "emotional baggage" of apparently everyone that's ever worked there) the instability will never end and it will eventual destroy this company. Focus on real business issues and worry about putting smart up to date policies and procedures in place. Spend time creating a viable business plan and org charts with associated responsibilities in place. Stop spending your time obsessing about accidental missed calls (due to the archaic phone system), creating paranoid assumptions and stories about former employees and yelling at people constantly in meeting’s.

"Horrible management"

I worked at Veritiss full-time

Pros

Decent salary ranges, paid pretty well

Cons

Horrible management and poor understanding or care for employees' concerns

"I'm sorry that I can't get negative stars..."

I worked at Veritiss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some employee gatherings that are nice and show some appreciation for the staff.

Cons

CEO is a narcissistic and bipolar leader who is interested in merely extolling her own "virtues" (non-existent) and is critical of those who are smarter than she is. She hires and fires management without regard to talent or ability.

Advice to Management

Retire and let someone else run the company. Stop ruining people's lives by the revolving door of personnel.

"You DO NOT Want To Work Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Veritiss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If it is attention/recognition you seek, great place. Not even 10 employees at HQ

Cons

1)CEO does not trust anybody other than the 4 that have been with her for years.
    2)Over-exaggerates the importance of her company.
    3)Talks integrity but ask you to do things that are unethical.
    4)CEO yells/curses at the staff, A LOT

Can go on some more but you get the point. Unless you do not have a job and need one, don't work here.

Advice to Management

Change your ways IMMEDIATELY, or your company will be shut down within the next 5 years.

"Young company still floundering and looking to get a foothold in the world of government contracting"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

Pros

Small company so your voice is easily heard by upper management....

Cons

....not sure if upper management is concerned with your voice

8. "Best Small I worked for"

Pros

Good small business, with plans to grow to a mid size company. This can't happen overnight as some others would suggest or implied. The CEO is fair and honest and open to ideas, one must be able to lead the senior leadership to make things happen. If there is a problem make sure you have a solution and don't wait to be told how to the job you were hired to do. Be proactive and not reactive to every changing situation, if one person focus solely on doing the bare minimum then there is no job growth and they are simply waiting on the 10th and 25th of the month. I do enjoy waffle Wednesdays or any day that the company throws a birthday celebration or lets all go out to eat lunch. I can't tell you how many meals I have eaten since I have been with the company (3 plus years).

Disgruntle former employees will always write things that are not true. I read some of the comments and I can tell you that my work balance is great, my time with my family is always priority #1 and the company will show the appreciation to those work hard. Annual holiday party is a blast with great gifts. No, the best gifts ever, Large flat screen TV's! Its not the gifts that make the company its to show the employees that we are truly appreciated especially with the long hours that are put in to help the company grow. I have a good supervisor, PM and wonderful CEO to work for and work with.

So if you are looking for a challenge, this is the right company to make your mark. If you are not looking for a challenge and just want a pay check every two weeks then you need to look somewhere else. Don't be fooled by the fancy car the CEO drives and the nice clothes she wears, she represents and presents a higher standard for women when meeting other CEO's and government officials. If you don't look good and feel good about the company how can you sell the product? I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking to grow and learn.

Cons

Consider having an Employee of the Month or Quarter with either a 3 day or 4 day weekend.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and consider having a more leadership training on a bi-annual basis.

9. "Rewarding and enjoyed my time with the company."

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Quantico, VA
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Quantico, VA

I worked at Veritiss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits, good relationships with govt. clients

Cons

More vacation hours would be good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Very stressful due to lack of organization."

I worked at Veritiss full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really were no pros to the company that I saw.

Cons

Lack of training, organization, respect, and most of all honesty. The owner and President was a bully and enjoyed walking around intimidating all her employees. Some employees would lie just to keep heat off of them. and wouldn't care the problem their lie caused. Wish I had read reviews before starting there would never had taken the job. Never seen a company with so many VP's and Directors.

Advice to Management

Learn to work with the employee's not intimidate them. Don't say one thing and then lie about what you say and do. Where respect. is shown it shall be given. You shouldn't have the turn over that you have in your very small office. Doesn't say much about you as a person.