KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Virtual Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2022

Found 63 of over 97 reviews

4.3
Virtual CEO Andy Freed (no image)
Andy Freed

What people are saying about Virtual

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Jul 7, 2022 - Human Resources Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, positive and helpful work environment, good benefits.

Cons

Slightly low salary for high workload

CEO

I’m glad to hear you find Virtual to be a great place to work. While we’ve been fortunate to be recognized as such in some publications, its our team member’s opinions that really matters. Understood on salary—we benchmark our compensation with the market regularly. That said, we also try to make sure we’re working toward the “whole package” of meaningful work, benefits and work environment and appreciate that you see the value of it. Thanks for the positive review!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic company with Great Values and Wonderful People

Jan 25, 2022 - Senior Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Virtual has everything I’m looking for in a company at which to build my career. Supportive and inspiring leadership. Great mission and values. Results and performance driven. We are supporting organizations who are doing great things for our world and I’m so happy to play a part in that and help push them further and achieve excellence. Leadership truly cares about their people, they’re constantly brainstorming ways to keep our people connected and engaged, they survey staff regularly and hold focus groups to help determine how they can do better and then actually put the ideas that come out of that into action. Anytime something of note happens in the world, I look forward to reading/hearing what the CEO has to say, he always has some words of wisdom to impart, he doesn’t have to do that and I appreciate that he does. Is there hard work? Yes. But isn’t that what it takes to make a difference? It’s worth it and we’re rewarded with generous health benefits, unlimited leave, and more. In summary, there is a reason Virtual has been voted a top place to work and there is a reason I’ve been with the company for nearly a decade. I am grateful everyday for the continued opportunity to work here and can honestly say I don’t dread Mondays.

Cons

If you want a job where you clock in, do the bare minimum, and clock out - this isn’t the company for you.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your positive review. I just wish that a little less stuff was happening in the world these days for me to comment upon! I'm glad to hear you find your job fulfilling--as you note, its not always easy, but we're proud of what we do and proud to have people like you on our team.

3. 5.0

Overall GREAT place to work

Jan 24, 2022 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- 100% remote - Unlimited PTO - Management is extremely flexible if you have a doctor's appointment, need to get vaccine/booster, have to take care of kids, etc. - Management and team are extremely welcoming and supportive. - I feel like I'm wanted here, I'm part of a team, and that my work matters. - I have truly enjoyed working with everyone I have met so far. - I have talked to the CEO more than once and talk to the CFO on a regular basis --> I can say that probably doesn't happen at most companies

Cons

- Like any other job, there are extra hours needed at times and things you need to figure out on your own. - 100% remote --> depends on what your preferences are

CEO

Thanks for your positive feedback! Great to hear that the things we're doing make a difference--being transparent and accessible is important. And you're right, it sometimes takes extra hours to get things done, but we really do strive to allow every employee to find the right balance. Remote work isn't for everyone, for sure, though over the last 2 years its largely been the only option. In the coming months, I'm expecting our offices to reopen in earnest---it won't be required to go in, but with 2 beers and cold brew on tap in Wakefield, I'll bet we will get some takers!

4. 5.0

A Place to Feel Valued

Jan 19, 2022 - Training Coordinator in Wakefield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Virtual has so far been a culture shock of how and employee should be treated. Coming from the industry of teaching there were lots of ways I was used to feeling especially when it came to work. Within my first week I had met my whole team with a warm welcome and a lovely letter from my CEO welcoming me to Virtual. There is so much to accommodate a work life balance, incredible insurance plans, and a community of amazing people who make work a place you want to be. Everything you would hope a company could have, Virtual offers already.

Cons

People especially since Covid are mostly working from home, which just makes the office feel empty. Otherwise, I have yet to find a downside to this amazing company.

CEO

So great to hear you’re off to a good start. Its great to have folks like you join our team who have the perspective that its not like this everywhere. We’ve worked hard at being flexible with our workspace with Covid—-our offices now are “available” but not open. Soon enough we’ll open the doors again—that means we’ll restock the candy dispensers and put the kegs back in the bar (we have 2 beers on tap plus cold brew). I’m betting that will start to fill those desks again, at least on happy hour night!

5. 5.0

Amazing Onboarding Process

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding process is thoughtfully designed, detailed, and informative

Cons

The onboarding process needs a customized component directly related to the departments, but overall it gives a clear overview of the company.

CEO

I’m glad to hear you’ve had a positive start with us. Our onboarding process is something our team has really focused on—that’s a great idea on customizing it for departments. Hope you’re with us for many years to come!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Feel lucky to work here

Jan 19, 2022 - Training & Certification Manager in Wakefield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A CEO who truly cares about the employees and promotes a work life balance; ability to work in a modern office or remotely, the choice is YOURS; unlimited vacation; casual work attire; we work hard, but we play hard as well. That's not just a saying, it actually applies at Virtual. Colleagues that feel like family. Ability to be yourself; a chance to be heard by top management.

Cons

No company is perfect, of course there is always room for improvement but at Virtual, they're always trying to make you happy and make a difference out in the world. Ok, they could turn up the heat, I'm freezing :)

CEO

Thanks for the positive review. All of the things you describe on flexibility and allowing people to be their best selves is quite intentional and stems from our values. I’m sorry to hear you’re cold—that’s why we have North Face fleece jackets as swag that we give as employee recognition gifts—not to mention the fuzzy slipper socks we sent everyone. It’s like I tell the kids—if you’re cold, put on a sweater! :-)

7. 4.0

Great place to work

Jun 3, 2022 - Operations Analyst in Wakefield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just for my team, but so far great people and great company that cares.

Cons

Getting the access to systems you need to actually do your job can take some time and effort.

CEO

Thanks for the positive review. We certainly do care—about our employees, our clients and the world around us. Thanks for bringing my attention to the issue of getting access to systems. Would love to know more so we can fix it. Pop in to my office or ping me on Teams someday so we can fix this going forward. Sounds like a frustrating process.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Benefits but Bad Management

Aug 12, 2021 - Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Virtual has one of the best benefit packages out there. Great insurance, unlimited vacation. 100% Remote capability. Great employees - the ones who actually do all the work.

Cons

Salary - OK but not great. No forward mobility-Instead of promoting within they decide to hire new people for director or higher levels. Or only people in some locations get the promotions. Over worked - 100%. Expected to only put in X number of hours for clients. But impossible to do so because of client expectations or having to do extra work that really should be done by the person above you. Even with the cons I would have stayed at Virtual if I didn't have the supervisor I did. He was a complete joke. Because he is buddy, buddy with the CEO he is allowed to get away with doing nothing. ( see CEO out of office video this year)All his Program Managers/Coordinators do his work for him. He is not technically able to nor does he think he should do all the work. He gets paid to do half the work that the people below him get for a fraction of the salary. Absolutely the only reason I left. Otherwise I would have stayed at Virtual; as I LOVED working with my clients and LOVED the other people I worked with and as stated in the Pros the benefits are fantastic.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review. I'm glad you appreciate much about the company, we're proud of our benefits, fantastic team and great clients. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with your manager. It's been a long time since I read To Kill a Mockingbird in Mrs. Boersma's ninth grade English class, but I do remember one of the central messages--you don't really understand someone until you walk in their shoes. In that spirit, I'll assure you having walked in the shoes of our Directors that they do quite a bit of important work. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. On your concern on forward mobility, I'll just let the numbers speak for themselves. We've had 39 internal promotions in the last 18 months. That's in a company of a little over 200 people--put another way, about 20% of the company has gotten a promotion in the last 18 months. I totally understand your concern on the workload. It's hard to balance client needs, client wishes and client budgets. But that's a challenge for every professional service firm. Thanks again for writing. We listen to everything that we hear.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company

Jan 19, 2022 - Public Relations Coordinator in Wakefield, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at Virual Inc., the company culture is truly one of a kind. The CEO is one of the best out there. I enjoyed all of perks of working at Virtual, especially a yearly company trip to Nashville. They have fantastic benefits, the best being unlimited time off. I highly recommend working at Virtual Inc.

Cons

The opportunity to move up to the next level does not come around often.

CEO

Thanks for the kind words—I’m glad your experience with us has been a positive one. Your review reminds me of how much I miss our annual company meeting in Nashville—its a fun time and great team building exercise. While the opportunity to move up doesn’t happen every day, our team is filled with people who have—our VP of Events started out of college in an entry level job. Our COO started as a part time membership admin. We firmly believe in growing our people!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Will Retire from This Company

Jan 20, 2022 - Senior Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Virtual for many years and will continue to do so. I plan to stay long enough to retire from Virtual because it is such a great place to work. I enjoy my job, my co-workers nd the freedom Virtual allows me to ensure a healthy work life balance.

Cons

Wish I had found this great company sooner in my career.

CEO

Thanks for your kind words and positive review! Flexibility is a key thing these days—whether its on working from home, flexibility on hours or whatever else it takes. There’s a lot to balance. Thanks for being a part of what makes our company great.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews

Virtual Reviews FAQs

Virtual has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 97 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at Virtual to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Virtual employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Virtual. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

88% of Virtual employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Virtual 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Virtual to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Virtual Job Seekers