Watters Designs Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 13, 2017

2.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Watters Dallas Company review"

I have been working at Watters Designs full-time

Pros

Small company, Decent benefits, employee discount on product.

Cons

Unorganized company, High turnover, and low job security

2. "Not all that glitters is gold"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Watters Designs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fashion industry -- By and large this is the primary pro of working at Watters.
    -Benefits -- Benefits are to be expected. Nothing bad to note and nothing exceptional to call out.
    -Non-management employees -- There are some nice people who work at Watters, but for the most part (from what I saw), they leave the company before their 1-year work anniversary.
    Discounts -- You get a nice employee discount.

Cons

-Leadership -- The most haughty, aggressive, disrespectful, and morally-bankrupt people I've ever met.
    -Job security -- There is none, no matter how talented you are. The minute you make a mistake, you'll feel the heat on your back.
    -Work/Life Balance -- Leaving before 7 PM is a no-no.
    -Turnover -- There is a lot of turnover at Watters if you're not at the C-executive or director-level. I witnessed 3 (three) people just not come back to work after a couple of months.
    -Gossip -- Management will not discuss issues with you. They'll discuss it amongst themselves for weeks until they're ready to fire you (this didn't happen to me, but I saw it happen to a couple of people).
    -Appreciation -- I don't think I was thanked once during my tenure at Watters, which included weekend work and a lot of late nights.
    -Micro-management -- Took *weeks* to get simple projects approved. Every little thing was a battle to get completed.
    -Promotions -- I was told by another employee on my first day that people don't get promoted at Watters, which was the case during my time there.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat and respect other human beings.