WeightNot Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Amoruso

"Great growing company to work with"

Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with a company that really cares about their members and their staff. We are all a team we work together, help each other out whenever needed. We help changes lives. The company treats us all wioth respect as equals not employees.

Cons

Like any other position or career it has its stressful times.

Advice to Management

keeep doing what your doing. We love how the CEO educates us ofter. They listen to our needs and try to meet them.

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

So happy to read your comments. As you know, even though everyone at WeightNot has individual responsibilities and goals, we greatly value teamwork and strive to create a truly connected culture. We ... More

"CEO that listens!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at WeightNot full-time

Pros

I have worked here over six months. There is always a lot of support and guidance. The CEO really listens. We wanted a 401 k , he made it happen. WeightNot culture encourages growth and creativity. I have been lucky enough to have an amazing team lead, she has encouraged and worked closely with me to help me achieve my goals!

Cons

Month end can be a crazy time.

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

We definitely know that personal development and job satisfaction is highly dependent on the quality of your manager -- and we're really proud of our team leaders, all of whom care deeply about their ... More

"Disappointing- training , information systems, and communication was unprofessional."

Current Employee - Sales Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Marketing Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Co workers are nice people, no office drama , alas we all work from our homes. Can wear pajamas all day and eat anything we want.

Cons

Information and materials to train were conflicting with national nutritional websites: commissions not based on experience nor education but on discrimination of owner's personal preference. High stress with websites constantly inoperative and no consistency in protocols.

Advice to Management

Investigate hiring an educator to do your training sessions of new hires as well as create a solid consistent web interface that works sinergistically.

Jul 4, 2016 – CEO

WeightNot training curriculum is based exclusively on proven research in nutrition and physiology, and structured in modules that progress new staff through this material systematically. While it is ... More

"Do not be lured into this...."

Former Employee - Membership Sales in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Membership Sales in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work virtually. Save on gas. They do care about their clients. All clients seen on facebook are acurate. Very good weight loss program.

Cons

They are all about sales and numbers. So much, this is their main focus. Very much a high pressure constant all day intense sales job.

Advice to Management

Send out an Anonymous survey. See how many of your employees that currently work there still like it. I would bet money it would be quite the eye opener. Also don't write a response to this. Its clear from your other ones given this company has no fault. Its always the employees being bad at their position.

Nov 4, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your brief experience in sales at WeightNot. You are certainly correct that jobs at WeightNot require consistent work throughout the day, and ... More

"WeightNot"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Bethesda, MD

I worked at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay. I enjoyed working from home. Directors and CEO's were great leaders.

Cons

Work hours do tend to be long with minimal breaks, however, they did cover this during the interview process and job description. Employment is contingent upon passing a very long exam. I wish I would have known this before I was hired, I would not have taken the job. This caused a lot of stress.

There are consequences if sales goals are not reached - yet one more thing that was not covered in the interview and hiring process. I was under the impression this was a counseling position with a bit of a sales component. I was not told it was a HUGE sales component with sales quotas and consequences that came with it.

You will receive a lot of criticism in regards to your work, character, personality and many other areas of your demeanor and work ethic. Constructive criticism is great but there is a fine line between that and being plain rude and talking down to an employee.

Advice to Management

Over all - make sure your employees are treated with respect, especially those that work hard and are still in a learning phase. Do not make them feel horrible about making small mistakes which happens in a training and learning phase. Do not use derogatory language and attack their personal character, there are ways to approach employees without reprimanding them every second of the day. Check your managers/team leaders managing style and make sure they are not holding an authoritarian type of personality when managing employees.

Jul 31, 2015 – CEO

During the multi-week training process for new hires, WeightNot administers a number of evaluations to ensure that staff have mastered the foundational information and skills for their positions ... More

"WeightNot Specialist"

Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Rochester, NY

I have been working at WeightNot (Less than a year)

Pros

As a sales person to find a company that not only says they are ethical but really are is rare. The support you get from everyone from day 1 is unlike anything I have ever experienced. From the top down I have had nothing but an AMAZING experience. I have worked in sales my whole life and this is honestly the best job and company I have ever worked for. They want you to have a good work/life balance and want you to be honest with people. I have so much passion not only for this company but for what they stand for and their product. I feel so appreciated daily by everyone in this company!

Cons

I haven't found any yet

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing. the support that is given to us is incredible and so appreciated. The training is top notch

Apr 27, 2015 – CEO

This is so wonderful to hear -- thank you for taking the time to share your experience at WeightNot. As a growing company facing the positive challenges of serving an ever larger group of members ... More

"Sales consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WeightNot ia an extradinary company. Their program is top notch and truly does weightloss the right way. It's very easy to sell a product when you truly believe in it and know that great people stand behind their word. WeightNot has given me the work/life balance that I have been looking for. Their coaches truly train and support you from the beginning. I have never worked for a company that really takes the time to train and develope their employees the way WeightNot has. I enjoy working here.

Cons

6 day work week, but they are very flexible and accommodating to your needs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

May 3, 2015 – CEO

As a service business that helps people to make a major and often difficult change in lifestyle to improve their health, we realize that our staff members are central to the success of our members ... More

9. "A company that gets "it""

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This in an amazing team environment even while working from home. The training you receive is outstanding and sets you up to be successful from Day 1. They encourage and foster growth with all of their employees, they actually want you to succeed.

Cons

As with any company they are growing and things change, but all the changes have been for the best.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a great company that I feel honored to work for.

Dec 8, 2014 – CEO

You make a good point that we do constantly work to improve the business as we grow, so a bit of flexibility and openness to change is certainly required for staff. Thanks so much for your comments!

"So impressed with this company"

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    very intense detailed training
    great --very patient --(did i say great?) --people
    super supportive atmosphere
    growing company
    GREAT PRODUCT

Cons

I haven't come across any

Advice to Management

keep doing everything that you are doing--

Oct 8, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your comments, and for making note of the support and training provided -- we definitely try our best to foster success, especially at the very outset, which is such a critical time. Best ... More

"Not a job worth leaving a good job for"

Former Employee - Membership Specialist
    Former Employee - Membership Specialist

I worked at WeightNot (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my coworkers and I loved learning a lot about nutrition. The weight loss system is great at weight not, it is truly healthy.

Cons

There are sales goals management will set regardless of time of year and you have to meet the base goal to get your salary. So say, during December when nobody wants to lose weight you will still be expected to hit the same (extremely high) goal. When you do not get to the bottom of the goal you have a draw against your salary. This goal is ALWAYS very difficult but it can be attainable when the company is busy. I had success in sales elsewhere and I only hit my goal one time in eight months while working at WeightNot. Currently due to issues with the system WeightNot uses for pulling leads (issues created by management), nobody is getting anywhere near the goal. So, WeightNot is burning through hard working sales people who are new and who have been with the company for many years. People have had to quit due to the draw on their salary.
    WeightNot demoted me to a less valuable role where my job was to transfer leads to sales people and I only had 6 month old leads. I was told call volume was my major goal, but then they let me go due to not bringing in 20k that month (which was a goal nobody told me about.) Also the sales people who had new leads were unable to break the 12k mark with goals of about 31k. I would not leave a good job to work at WeightNot, the company does not have it together at all.

Advice to Management

Make goals (more) reasonable to suit time of year and do not penalize tenured employees by drawing an their salaries when management errors occur.