WeightNot Reviews | Glassdoor

WeightNot Reviews

3.3
Paul Amoruso

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"So impressed with this company"

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    very intense detailed training
    great --very patient --(did i say great?) --people
    super supportive atmosphere
    growing company
    GREAT PRODUCT

Cons

I haven't come across any

Advice to Management

keep doing everything that you are doing--

Oct 8, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your comments, and for making note of the support and training provided -- we definitely try our best to foster success, especially at the very outset, which is such a critical time. Best... More

"Coach/enrollment"

I worked at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home in pajamas

Cons

This company only cared about one thing while I was working there: money. While this is necessary for a business, treating employees with respect and creating a company with a purpose other than solely making money is important as well. They told me I was not a "good fit" for their company, and boy, were they RIGHT! I am so happy to not be working here anymore as now I have found a job using my nutrition degree for a company that truly cares about others. You would be a great fit for this company if: you are a work horse, making a company money is your #1 driver, you don't need a work life balance, you don't mind having your personal character attacked, and you don't mind being micromanaged! In a matter of two months, 9 people left the company (and it's not a large employee base), so that should speak volumes. They will probably try to write back to this review in a demeaning manner, but that's okay! I just wanted to do my due diligence in letting others with a passion for nutrition have a warning of what could come if you work here!

Advice to Management

Take feedback from your employees and value their strengths. You have let so many strong, qualified people go because you did not value them, you didn't let them use their strengths, and you never took their qualified feedback.
    Let your future employees who have nutrition degrees know that it is a SALES job with a nutrition component and that they will not be scored/judged on how well they do their job of coaching, but on how much money they make. If people know this going into it, it will be a much better fit for you.

Jun 5, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. As you know and were made aware of during the recruitment process/interviews and in your written offer, the initial training period for staff who do both enrollment and... More

"If you have a nutrition background do not work here"

I worked at WeightNot full-time

Pros

work from home, snack box monthly...

Cons

I wish I had heeded the advice of other glassdoor reviews before taking this position. Let's start from the beginning...training. The CEO offers the training and has no nutritional background. Things he said were outright wrong. They brought a nutrition person on board to do part of the training as well, but it felt that she was simply using the CEO's old power points. The whole 2 or so weeks of training were all over the place.
    They instituted a new role to save the company a buck by having one person do two jobs (member enrollment and coaching) for the price of one. I understand growth and change is necessary; however, it became very clear that this move was not well thought out. The company barely piloted the position before launching full scale into it. So this meant that the new hires for this new position ended up being the guinea pigs.
    It was a sales job masked as a nutrition role. You spend your day tied to a desk for sometimes 10-12 hours making phone calls. You are not evaluated on how well you care for your clients but strictly on sales numbers.
    As for the coaching side of it--no room for growth. You really end up being a glorified hand holder for members spewing out the same things over and over again. I am not even going to get into the holes in the dietary protocol....
    When it comes down to it, this company is all about money and less about the well-being of their employees and the clients they serve.

Advice to Management

Start taking some accountability

May 4, 2017 – CEO

We welcome constructive feedback regarding roles at WeightNot, and we are sorry that a position at WeightNot was not a good fit for you. That said, it is important to correct at least some of your... More

"Not a job worth leaving a good job for"

Former Employee - Membership Specialist
    Former Employee - Membership Specialist

I worked at WeightNot (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my coworkers and I loved learning a lot about nutrition. The weight loss system is great at weight not, it is truly healthy.

Cons

There are sales goals management will set regardless of time of year and you have to meet the base goal to get your salary. So say, during December when nobody wants to lose weight you will still be expected to hit the same (extremely high) goal. When you do not get to the bottom of the goal you have a draw against your salary. This goal is ALWAYS very difficult but it can be attainable when the company is busy. I had success in sales elsewhere and I only hit my goal one time in eight months while working at WeightNot. Currently due to issues with the system WeightNot uses for pulling leads (issues created by management), nobody is getting anywhere near the goal. So, WeightNot is burning through hard working sales people who are new and who have been with the company for many years. People have had to quit due to the draw on their salary.
    WeightNot demoted me to a less valuable role where my job was to transfer leads to sales people and I only had 6 month old leads. I was told call volume was my major goal, but then they let me go due to not bringing in 20k that month (which was a goal nobody told me about.) Also the sales people who had new leads were unable to break the 12k mark with goals of about 31k. I would not leave a good job to work at WeightNot, the company does not have it together at all.

Advice to Management

Make goals (more) reasonable to suit time of year and do not penalize tenured employees by drawing an their salaries when management errors occur.

"dont apply here!!!!!!"

I worked at WeightNot full-time

Pros

Working from home is a benefit

Cons

They act like they care about their employees but that's a lie

Advice to Management

Set more attainable goals then maybe weightnot won't be such a revolving door

"Enrollment Specialist"

I worked at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training was robust and thorough. If you're scientifically inclined you will enjoy this. This is the only pro.

Cons

One of the very worst jobs I've ever had. Position offers poor compensation and to make matters worse it is a draw and monthly quotas are purposely set at unachievable levels. The CEO and management will surely respond and say that the quotas are achievable but if >50% of the staff of seasoned sales professionals are not meeting their quotas is that really true? This position is essentially no different from a call center position. You are strapped to your desk all day with few breaks and this job offers very little work-life balance. They will sell you "work from home" as an opportunity to achieve more balance in your life while also making money and enjoying a fast-paced and challenging career but if you want to hit your monthly goals this job will require working 10 or more hours per shift and will definitely require picking up additional shifts on your off days. If you are alright with working all the time, then this might be a good opportunity but if you are looking to work 40-45 hours per week and expect that you will be able to hit your goals if you apply yourself and work hard during your regular shifts then do NOT take this job. I should also note that when you work a 9 hour shift, you are working all day with little to no break. You know at most jobs you have a few moments to chat with a colleague or get up and walk away for a moment here or there, you don't have those moments at this job. It's go go go from the time you start in the morning to the time you end at night with little to no downtime throughout the day. You've got to let your manager know when you go to the bathroom, go for a drink or leave your desk for more than three minutes because they are watching you. If you're not making calls for any 5 minute stretch they will be all over you. Furthermore, you see all those positive and glorious reviews by employees??? Well they compel their employees to write positive reviews so take them with a grain of salt. I was aggressively and repeatedly asked to submit a Glassdoor review for them when I worked there and I believe this practice to be highly unethical. Obviously employees will fear writing negative reviews or even critical or honest reviews if they believe they could be fired or punished for doing so. Yes, reviews should be anonymous, but there's always a chance that someone figures out who wrote what. Don't be fooled into thinking that all those positive reviews you see are 100 percent accurate. Some might be, but I know of a handful that are mainly fiction. Had I known the truth I would not have taken this awful job. Also notice how management and the CEO are all over these reviews, commenting on each and every one??? Not a good sign in my opinion. I hope this helps someone.

Advice to Management

Stop arguing with people who are being honest about their experiences at WN and take a look at the culture you have created. Everyone else cannot be wrong. Listen to what people are consistently telling you and use it to improve the culture and work experience. You have a great product that really works and that is truly helping thousands of people and this could have been an excellent job. Instead it was the worst.

Oct 8, 2016 – CEO

It is definitely the case that when someone is unsuccessful in a role (whether at WeightNot or elsewhere), they will need to work harder than others in the same position to achieve their goals, at... More

"Helping People Every Day!"

Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist
    Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in the weight loss industry for over 10 years. This is the only program I can stand behind 100%. It is so nice to work for a company that is natural, and holistic. I have worked for companies in the past that pushed products such as meal replacement and snacks that were full of artificial ingredients. Working with WeightNot, it is great to feel confident that we do not believe in this approach.Thank you WeightNot!

Cons

I want to work all the time!!

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

We greatly appreciate your confidence in the approach that we take to nutrition at WeightNot. Times have certainly changed, and some of the methods that may have seemed smart and convenient when... More

"Great growing company to work with"

Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Weightnot Specialist in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with a company that really cares about their members and their staff. We are all a team we work together, help each other out whenever needed. We help changes lives. The company treats us all wioth respect as equals not employees.

Cons

Like any other position or career it has its stressful times.

Advice to Management

keeep doing what your doing. We love how the CEO educates us ofter. They listen to our needs and try to meet them.

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

So happy to read your comments. As you know, even though everyone at WeightNot has individual responsibilities and goals, we greatly value teamwork and strive to create a truly connected culture. We... More

"Weightnot"

Pros

Really really really really really ridiculously good training.

There are 2 weeks of intensive training with Paul( the ceo) where you learn all the ins and outs of food and physiology. You learn learn learn and learn some more. And to be honest this is what made me respect the company. They care deeply that you understand the holistic therapeutic nutrition and its benefits. It felt like I was in a college class, and the nerd in me loved it. IF you love learning, you will really appreciate this training.

The trainers are world class. Truly and sincerely, I have worked in a lot of competitive sales settings and this is leaps and bounds beyond what I have ever experienced. They are empathic, emotionally adept, intelligent and marvelously helpful coaching machines.
    I gush over them secretly in my office..in a none creepy way of course...... But it's true, Paul brought on some pretty amazing people to guide his staff. So if good training and effective coaching is something that you are after, this is certainly the right place.

The clientele can be amazing. The people who share their stories with you about their struggles and why they are looking to lose weight can be an amazing experience..

I don't know how this happened.. but everyone here is so freaking Kind.. not a professional word i know.. but they are. The culture here is truly one that is rooted in kindness.

Management is really good about time off etc.

Cons

I don't think this is a con, unless you are lazy, but you will have to work hard. So if you are lazy.. this might not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

I'm such a fan of this company and the management. People here are truly genuine and
    helpful. Keep it up! Cheers!!!!!!!!

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, and we're so glad that it has been a positive one for you.

To your comments, the training process at WeightNot is definitely rigorous and extensive... More

"Incredible experience! Learning so much about myself, and so much personal development"

Current Employee - Membership Sales
    Current Employee - Membership Sales

I have been working at WeightNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's amazing to for a company with such strong values, most importantly integrity. We are truly pushed to succeed and given the support and resources to do so!

Cons

This requires a self starter attitude and if you struggle keeping yourself on task that can be a challenge for certain personalities.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! This is the most incredible team I have ever been a part of. Constructive criticism is an art and to be able to grow and develop the team and the culture created here is absolutely amazing to be a part of.

Jul 24, 2016 – CEO

It's great to hear your feedback about the company values and the quality of our team. You are definitely right -- keeping yourself on track from day to day is a critical skill for anyone who works... More