Wellpartner Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Contract Pharmacy expansion of core business a poor place to work"

Former Employee - Lead .NET Analyst/Developer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Lead .NET Analyst/Developer in Portland, OR

Pros

Wellpartner is a successful company and has plenty of good people who are accomplishing good work with limited resources in the core business. The core business sells online pharmaceuticals and is praised for its superior customer service. The idea behind Contract Pharmacy -- an expansion of the core business --is a good one that could generate a great deal of success if implemented competently.

Cons

Management of Contract Pharmacy -- an expansion of the core business -- is unfocused, does not respect and make use of its members core competencies. I was brought in as a Lead .NET software expert to take ownership and review the state of their existing apps and lead necessary changes including software architecture and new hires. Instead I got to do none of that, so it was a real bait and switch. I worked exclusively on task-oriented patching of multiple database and data warehouse problems -- a completely different job. It was outside my core competency, as I made very clear many times. The software, including front end and databases are in very sorry shape -- about the worst I've ever seen. No OOD, no database expert ever employed. All of my recommendations were entirely ignored by manager of Contract Pharmacy though the level above was in complete agreement with me. I was kept in the dark about new hires and my advice as to the needed skill set was ignored. So there is dysfunction in management where some are not empowered to act when they are said to be. In Contract Pharmacy, micromanagement, procrastination, no SDLC and poor communication are at the expense of results and a solid platform for the future. There are lots of very frustrated people here.

Advice to Management

Replace the management of Contract Pharmacy. Use people's core competencies and let them do the job they were hired to do. Communicate a well -thought-out road map. Take the time to put software and processes in place that are actually well designed for a cost-effective, sustainable future.

2. "Growing Company"

I worked at Wellpartner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once processes are made scalable they will grow well with their new line of business. New CFO and Controller are game changers in a good way. Finance team is developing and strong.

Cons

Some high level leaders have aggressive/abusive tactics
    No set goals for employee performance reviews

Advice to Management

Collaboration and Integration starts from the top

3. "Look elsewhere"

I worked at Wellpartner full-time

Pros

Hard working team, intelligent leaders, great place to learn, 401K with a match.

Cons

No opportunity to grow within organization. VERY few promotions, lack of culture and understanding of what culture is. A lot of miscommunication in senior leadership. No real perks for employees to keep anyone there and engaged.

4. "Prefers profits over ethics"

Pros

The goal for the company was admirable- helping non-profit healthcare providers reduce pharmacy costs for their patients. Built the system to provide safe, secure, auditable results.

Cons

When the original business plan didn't meet the inflated financial targets, the organization took an about face, changed direction and abandoned their original smaller providers.