KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 60 of over 61 reviews

3.9
Western Paper Distributors CEO Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Pros
  • "Good management team, great bonus program,(in 4 reviews)

• "Good management and nice people(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If upper management wants to get "Back to Basics", they need to start from the top down(in 3 reviews)

• "Welcome to part time, fired, or a life miserable enough to make you wish to be fired(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Culture

Jul 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fair pay, great people, here to help our customers.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are really proud of the culture we have built here at Western Paper. When we do our annual Engagement Surveys the culture, work life balance and people and strong themes that come across for things that are celebrated about working for us.

2. 4.0

Western Paper cares about Their employees and Customers

Sep 21, 2021 - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, they want you to succeed and do everything they can to help grow in the company.

Cons

Base pay could be improved, with cost of living going up.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great chance to be part of a winning team. Very stable company with plenty of opportunity to grow and learn.

Cons

The fast pace is not for everyone. Change is embraced and the CEO is always full steam ahead. Not a good fit for those looking for a boring 9-5

Director of Talent

At Western Paper we are always looking to improve our processes, stay competitive and be problem solvers. Our approach to the pandemic such as reacting to supply chain issues is a great example of this.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Successful company that cares about it's employees!

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since I started working at Western Paper, my manager has encouraged me to challenge myself and think about the direction I want to move within the company. After less than a year I received a promotion and have nothing but good things to say about the transition. Western Paper hires people that are team players and support one another, which is extremely valuable to me. If you put in the hard work and have a positive attitude, it'll pay off!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent

Congratulations on your promotion! I love hearing that you have achieved great success in less than a year with us.

5. 4.0

Not a bad place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Supervisor in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and forward looking strategies.

Cons

Often behind the curve when it comes to keeping wages competitive.

Director of Talent

Thank you for your feedback! At Western Paper we pride ourselves on hiring problem solvers. We collect goal ideas from all team members and use these feedback and observations to help develop our forward looking strategies.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best

Jul 14, 2021 - Warehouse Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

They value their employees. Have stood the test of time.

Cons

I wish we owned our own equipment.

Director of Talent

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We love hearing from all of our branches including Phoenix. I am thrilled to hear that how we value employees comes across as a pro. Specific to equipment, we have certain benefits by leasing. For example with our box trucks we can get them repaired/switched out quickly should their be a problem. Also with the lease schedules our drivers are in new trucks every 3 years or so.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent place to work but you won't get rich

May 24, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, awesome coworkers, really care about their people and invest in making them better sales consultants.

Cons

Limited benefits - don't pay for miles or gas and don't provide or pay for your computer or phone. Pay isn't in line with where it should be in Denver.

Director of Talent

I am thrilled that you would recommend Western Paper and approve of Nick Morris, our CEO. We continue to invest in training for our Sales team members. We consider our Sales teams consultants tying to understand our customers and how our products can help them and improve their profitability. What is also unique is that our sales team receives a fixed salary with additional bonus potential. Especially during the pandemic when we were in a down market this stability was really advantageous to our team. This salary and bonus is taken into consideration in the overall compensation package vs paying commission and expenses.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nothing was taken seriously

Feb 10, 2021 - Cash Poster in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with, and people on other teams were great.

Cons

Where do I start? Covid? Okay. How about that Corona Party we had to celebrate all the toilet paper flying off shelves, which was pretty closely followed with us being told that we wouldn't be recieving bonuses due to the pandemic. They dragged their feet on sending us home + requiring masks in the office. Being called to come back after I had been sent home was the main reason I quit. Beyond that, I was hired to be a cash poster + collector dual role. It was immediately evident to me that I would never actually have time to do both of those jobs, and they expected me to be faster than the person I was replacing. The person I replaced was transitioning to a new role and after a few weeks I was no longer allowed to ask him questions even though he was the only person who knew how to do the job. There were no guides and I was expected to write/update them. Unfortunately I never had time because I was almost constantly being given new tasks despite never really having a grasp on the main part of my job. The software they use is incredibly outdated and frustrating. At one point they updated it without testing it with us, causing huge delays in the main part of my job. When we told upper management this, we were told that the problem didn't exist and treated like we didn't know what we were talking about. Only after falling very behind did they actually go back to fix the issue. I spoke about all of this in my exit interview and I hope things have improved but I left months ago and have no regrets.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide on Western Paper. We review each of these reviews and critiques to see how we can grow as a company. These past 12 months has been unprecedented and we have been doing our best to respond to the changing environment due to the pandemic. Without having a traditional working from home model, we needed to secure the correct technology to support moving team members offsite. Your feedback is heard and I can assure you that our approach and response to COVID has evolved since March. I recall your exit interview and can assure we have taken some action based on the feedback. I hope things are going well in your new role. All the best.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place, Great People

Jan 21, 2021 - Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-Life Balance Good Mission Friendly Coworkers Bonus/Goal Program

Cons

None I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Talent

Thanks for the feedback! As an Essential Business in this pandemic it is important to keep our team members updated. This is why we launched the "What is on Your Mind?" survey to collect questions which are then followed up by a video by Nick Morris, CEO. This personal touch ensures everyone is connected. I am glad to hear you enjoy them.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work for.

Jan 18, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company. Routes are not too much for 1 persons.

Cons

Sometimes long days. Some customers get special treatment.

Director of Talent

The work life balance, stability and consistent routes are consistent positive feedback we receive from our transportation team members. I am glad to hear you echo most of these sentiments. Along with performing a recent compensation study we also changed our bonus program for Drivers which includes eligibility for a weekly bonus to ensure we were being competitive in the market place.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews