XOS Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Matt Bairos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Field Support Representative"

I worked at XOS Digital full-time

Pros

Work with lots of sports teams. Weekends usually free.

Cons

Not enough communication between management and little chance of moving up in positions.

2. "Not Great, Bob"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Orlando, FL

I worked at XOS Digital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a nice office in Thornton Park. My coworkers were fantastic, I am still friends with several of them.

Cons

Management floundered for a long time. Every quarter for 2 years, they would lay off a number of people and tell the rest of us "this is the last time we are doing this".

The business structure was insane. They gave away work in the form of building websites for College Conferences in the hope that the owners would love it and sign a contract to get all of the schools to then use it, then.... profit?

We had a contract with the NFL to use an app for the iPad, then the NFL switched to using a Windows device. We spent several months building a new app for the Windows tablet, then were all laid off because they had no further plans for development. They took our app and gave it to a company in India (China?) to update some things, which they messed up. They had to then hire one of us back to fix everything.

They wanted to develop a competing site to Hudl and start taking over their markets. The person in charge then left to work for some movie production house (Lionsgate?). So that ended up cancelled, even though we were close to a working product, that we designed and developed without anyone from management guiding us on what they wanted.

Then, we were all laid off. We were given the opportunity to move up to Boston, but the compensation offered was severely under what was appropriate for that area.

Advice to Management

Find a product that is profitable, stick to it, enhance it. Do not try to expand into new technologies until your wallets can handle it.

3. "Partner Relations Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Fun topical work in sports tech and digital platforms.

Cons

Not profitable, management was listless.

4. "Worked at XOS for 2 years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at XOS Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and good work environment.

Cons

Never sure what to believe from upper management.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees

5. "Cool Experiences"

Pros

You get to work with professional and collegiate sports teams.

Cons

Can get burnt out quickly

Advice to Management

Keep Innovating

6. "Dont bother"

Pros

Lots of people share similar interests

Cons

Very poor management, no direction for company. May people dont try.

7. "Got Laid Off"

Pros

Great team at the time.

Cons

Company laid off almost all of their employees. Down to 12 total working there now.

8. "Good People, Fun Field"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Orlando, FL

Pros

Diverse technology and very interesting projects

Cons

Upper Management very disconnected with worker bees

9. "It was fun while it lasted, accept for all of the corporate restructuring going on."

I worked at XOS Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Nice people
    - Great for those who love sports

Cons

While I was there, the company was going through a lot of volitile changes/restructuring. So there were many times where the good was outshadowed by corporate changes and firings.

"Between a rock and another rock"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at XOS Digital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office location in Orlando. Sports fans will enjoy working here. Great place for career movers and young professionals looking to make a name for themselves or cut their teeth in an exciting industry. The field of opportunity is wide open. If you stay long enough your boss WILL be laid off and you will receive more responsibilities and experience.

Cons

The company sunk a LOT of money into building a class A office space in downtown Orlando, meant to house over 100 employees. Management then proceeded to lay off more than 1/3 of the employees destined to work at this office, most of whom had already moved/signed leases in a high-rent urban area. They paid rent on unused space for more than a year until finally subletting most of the space to another company. This is the type of decision making you have to look forward to.

The company is severely delinquent on royalty payments and owes money to countless vendors. The current leadership team has absolutely ZERO regard for your livelihood and will cut your job in a heartbeat if it will help them pay a bill. Your duties and responsibilities will be absorbed by the person under you who will receive neither increased compensation nor change in title.

Advice to Management

CFO should be fired and probably investigated. If the company must move in a new direction, someone needs to step up and take it there. Don't explain cutbacks and layoffs by a need to "redefine focus" and then fail to provide any semblance of new focus. The new CEO is promising but he must relocate to Orlando if he wants to connect with the team that needs guidance the most. Consider consolidating Boston/Orlando into one office. Do just ONE thing right and reward those employees that are loyal enough to still work there after all that has happened in 2013