Adaptive Computing

A great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

Adaptive Computing has made it clear to me what my job responsibilities are, as well as given me the opportunity to take on my own projects to improve the software I work on. Even though I don't have seniority on my team, I am given important and interesting work to do, and I'm not forced to do the drudgery. I like the challenges I'm given as an engineer.
On the personal side, the company promotes a family friendly environment (almost all of the engineers have families they like to go home to) and has a great culture.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that this company needs each employee to be independent. All of the experienced engineers are fairly busy because of the amount of work we're trying to accomplish. If you don't feel comfortable learning and working largely independently, this probably isn't a good company for you.

I think management needs to make sure that all open positions are made known to the employees, so that everyone within has a chance to apply for these positions as well. This is done now, but not every single time.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Adaptive Computing (View Most Recent)

Adaptive Computing is on the forefront of both HPC and Cloud Computing...

I have been working at Adaptive Computing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In the rapidly evolving Cloud market, Adaptive is laying claim to some of the biggest and most prestigious opportunities. They also are in many of the largest HPC supercomputing environments on the planet. They have a patent portfolio that is very impressive and applies both to the HPC market as well as the Cloud Management market. The Cloud Management space is still a fairly nascent market but I believe Adaptive Computing is well positioned to be very successful.

Cons

The expectation for quality and quantity of work for all employees tends to be very high and they take out the dead wood at least once a year via RIFs.

Adaptive Computing is under-resourced in their technical and professional services areas. More personnel in these areas would help accelerate their success.

Great people - be ready to work hard

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

The people that work at Adaptive Computing are some of the best. There is great potential with the software and the market. Lots of flexibility and responsibility given to everyone inside the organization.

Cons

Things have changed quite a bit over the last year with the new management. I believe that everything is going the direction it needs to for the sake of the company but sometimes we get blindsided by changes.

Be careful with your employees. I have seen people be burned out over the last year with some of the tasks they are given to perform. Work needs to get done but make sure you know what your assets really are.

There are newer employer reviews for Adaptive Computing