There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

A good place to work, some challenges, some red tape

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

Opportunity for creativity and the chance to work with smart, hard working people. Fair salaries, reasonable benefits, challenging work environment leads to long hours but satisfaction.

Cons

A lot of process to get simple things done, for example the performance review process is problematic and inconsistent. Timelines for the performance review process are short and strict for lower management, yet executive management has not held themselves to their own deadlines stretching out review feedback by nearly a month so far. Poor communication from executive management on bonus payout, only after it was too late did leadership in the company learn we were off the mark and no bonus was paid. I have great respect for our leaders, however when it comes to things like personal compensation of your people, even seeming "asleep at the wheel" is not acceptable.

Advice to Management

Keep your own personal deadlines and communicate more to your people, not the market. Your people should be your number one priority, who are then responsible for Clients as their number one priority. Face time on CNN, CBS, ABC, and any other news station is not a substitute for managing your business and keeping your deadlines. Executive leadership positions are not an opportunity to prepare for a future in politics. I don't want to work for the company that paved the way for a new Senator or any other political position.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not what you know but who

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Lots of pto but that does not make up for lack of professionalism shown by management

Cons

Unless you are one of the chosen ones leave you will not be recognized

Advice to Management

If you dont know by now its too late

2. I enjoy the entire team I work with.

Current Employee - Expert Clinical Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Expert Clinical Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

Professional atmosphere; smart coworkers; approachable management. I have been given many opportunities for job expansion. Every year I have the ability to learn a new software product, implement or upgrade applications and develop my project management skill.

Cons

As part of outsourced IT department, we may be recognized and supported by Allscripts management for the value we bring to the business, but the customer does not always recognize how much we do for them, what sacrifices we make to support them after hours and on weekends and the commitment we have to our work. Allscripts management may be appreciative, but the customer is not always.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize the accomplishments of employees at every opportunity. There is a lot of talent within the organization. The biggest challenge to management is to recognize each individual’s value and harness if for mutual benefit. Develop your future leaders from within.