Allscripts
www.allscripts.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

A good place to work, some challenges, some red tape

Director (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsOpportunity for creativity and the chance to work with smart, hard working people. Fair salaries, reasonable benefits, challenging work environment leads to long hours but satisfaction.

ConsA lot of process to get simple things done, for example the performance review process is problematic and inconsistent. Timelines for the performance review process are short and strict for lower management, yet executive management has not held themselves to their own deadlines stretching out review feedback by nearly a month so far. Poor communication from executive management on bonus payout, only after it was too late did leadership in the company learn we were off the mark and no bonus was paid. I have great respect for our leaders, however when it comes to things like personal compensation of your people, even seeming "asleep at the wheel" is not acceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your own personal deadlines and communicate more to your people, not the market. Your people should be your number one priority, who are then responsible for Clients as their number one priority. Face time on CNN, CBS, ABC, and any other news station is not a substitute for managing your business and keeping your deadlines. Executive leadership positions are not an opportunity to prepare for a future in politics. I don't want to work for the company that paved the way for a new Senator or any other political position.

I enjoy the entire team I work with.

Expert Clinical Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros: Professional atmosphere; smart coworkers; approachable management. I have been given many opportunities for job expansion. Every year I… Cons: As part of outsourced IT department, we may be recognized and supported by Allscripts management for the value we bring to the business, but the… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to recognize the accomplishments of employees at every opportunity. There is a lot of talent within the organization. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for work/life balance

Human Resources Person (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allscripts

Pros: A lot of personal flexibility Cons: Lots of change in the organization over the last few… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Allscripts.

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allscripts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Allscripts CEO Paul Black. All reviews posted anonymously by Allscripts employees.