There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Company in transition,

Former Employee - Desktop PC Support  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Desktop PC Support in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Allscripts

Pros

Open to suggestions there was a lack of new updated pc technologies.

Cons

You are torn between technical, management, and healthcare. The promotion to management is not good when your ''lop sided''. There is a need to train pc technicians on hospital procedures, areas of no street clothing, no smoking and silence.

416 Other Employee Reviews for Allscripts (View Most Recent)

Frustrating

Current Employee - Support Specialist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

They have some good benefits

Cons

Contractors have been hired that dont know what they are doing

There are lots of unhappy people, morale is very low

With each merge (Misys -> Allscripts -> Eclipsys) it gets worse while the CEO gets rich

Current Employee - Software Architecte  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Architecte in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts

Pros

The product team I work with is great and very talented.
    The benefits are above normal (23 pto days, good 401k match, etc)
    Free soda in SOME offices, just not mine

Cons

Lets be blunt, I have been w/ the company through the past 2 mergers. With each merger the moral goes down, the excitement level goes down and the will to do a 'great job' goes down. However, with each merger the CEO and his lackeys accumulate more and more wealth.

If you enjoy working with off shore teams then this may be a great place for you to work. The new COO (who is trying to run a 6000 employee company like her former 100,000 employee companies) is trying get the onshore/offshore ratio to be 50/50. If you are in development you will find that more then 50% of your peers will be either in India or Ukraine.

If you enjoy the fact that the company is making more money then ever yet is cutting its budgets and not allowing exiting positions to be back filled this may be a great company for you.

If you enjoy the idea that each building/team has to adhere to different rules this may be the place for you.

If you enjoy working on legacy software (many of the products are 15+ years old) with no ability to make any significant technology improvements this may be the place for you.

If you enjoy working for a 'sales company' who just happens to make software, not a 'software company' with a sales force this may be the place for you. Working for a sales company means that if a sales person can sell the feature you MUST build it... PERIOD

if you enjoy working for technology company that does not have a CIO/CTO then this may be the place for you.

Before you decide to merge with the next company try fixing the company we have.
    Figure out what the company is trying to do. You sell the company as a 'connected community of solutions' but the vast majority of our products do not integrate or even communicate.
    You say that communication is the key to our success yet the only communication we get is to tell us to work harder.

There are newer employer reviews for Allscripts

Worked for Allscripts? Contribute to the Community!