There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

worked under threat of getting laid off as I refused to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor.

Former Employee - Interpreter  in  Monterey, CA
Former Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work from home, so no added expense of traveling back and forth to work.
Work in the comfort of your PJs.

Cons

No respect for interpreters, as they speak in a very condescending way.
They never communicate with you, only to complain about feedback from an irate customer.
Their recruiter is infinitely rude, if she does not hear what she wants. She offered for me to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor ($30/hr to $11/hr), no paid vacation and no benefits, when I “politely” declined the offer her tone changed completely to rude and condescending with a hint of threat.
They have a very limited understanding of the requirements of the different dialects and how some are not mutually intelligible even if they fall under the same language. There was no department to handle that, no matter how often I pointed out that their customers’ needs could be improved by paying attention to such cultural details.
They have no regards for experience or education. It’s a company that is driven by greed. They charge their customers an arm and a leg for their services, and yet they refuse to adequately pay their employees. A Starbucks barista has a more comfortable situation with potential for growth and a higher pay rate with a mere GED.
I would not recommend working at LLS.

119 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Worse than hell, Hell On Earth, the worst job I ever had, Slave Drivers, VeryAbusive company

Former Employee - Do Not Work for This Company Unless You Hate Yourself  in  Monterey, CA
    Former Employee - Do Not Work for This Company Unless You Hate Yourself in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

working out of your home

Cons

You don't know the meaning of slave driver until you worked for LLS, 3rd world pay, demanding boss who never responds to your e-mail, no sick leave, if you become sick too bad, you're fired, no pay raise ever I was switched to all call interepreter and the pay stayed minimum wage. The call volume is constant and company allows calls to come into your line 10 seconds before your lunch break, just interpreted for 3 hours straight, too bad, here is some more interpreting for you and screw your time off. So this job is actually worse than any job you can imagine, and you get almost no compensation for it. Company does not certify interpreters but tells them to lie to court officers that you are court certified. Some one should shut them down for unsafe working conditions.

I believe in Karma and everyone single one of you will be punished by Karma for abusing and exploiting your employees. Luis Provenzano should be investigated for abusive way he's handling employees.

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

The only benefit is that you work from home

Cons

When you take time off due to a family emergency or a sick child, you get reprimanded, even when you have a doctor's note. The sad part is that if you receive 3 warnings for absences (even if they are 100% justified) they let you go. There is NO flexibility whatsoever to balance work life and family life. They expect you to be there, PERIOD. No benetits, no health insurance and I was getting paid the minimum amount for high-quality work. I was there for a year until I got a job elsewhere. My recommendation to others who are looking to work as an interpreter there... DON'T it's a mistake.

Get your act together. It's unfair that the itnerpreters make close to minimum wage here in the US and you don't even offer benefits or vacation. Be more flexible, there are those of us who are moms and have obligations, children get sick, there are emergencies, etc., Be involved with those of us who are really working hard and are the heart of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!