LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com

worked under threat of getting laid off as I refused to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor.

Interpreter (Former Employee) Monterey, CA

ProsWork from home, so no added expense of traveling back and forth to work.
Work in the comfort of your PJs.

ConsNo respect for interpreters, as they speak in a very condescending way.
They never communicate with you, only to complain about feedback from an irate customer.
Their recruiter is infinitely rude, if she does not hear what she wants. She offered for me to become an employee for 1/3 of what I made as a contractor ($30/hr to $11/hr), no paid vacation and no benefits, when I “politely” declined the offer her tone changed completely to rude and condescending with a hint of threat.
They have a very limited understanding of the requirements of the different dialects and how some are not mutually intelligible even if they fall under the same language. There was no department to handle that, no matter how often I pointed out that their customers’ needs could be improved by paying attention to such cultural details.
They have no regards for experience or education. It’s a company that is driven by greed. They charge their customers an arm and a leg for their services, and yet they refuse to adequately pay their employees. A Starbucks barista has a more comfortable situation with potential for growth and a higher pay rate with a mere GED.
I would not recommend working at LLS.

Worse than hell, Hell On Earth, the worst job I ever had, Slave Drivers, VeryAbusive company

Do Not Work for This Company Unless You Hate Yourself (Former Employee) Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros: working out of your home Cons: You don't know the meaning of slave driver until you worked for LLS, 3rd world pay, demanding boss who never responds to your e-mail, no… Advice to Senior Management: I believe in Karma and everyone single one of you will be punished by Karma for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible place to work

Work At Home Interpreter (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros: The only benefit is that you work from home Cons: When you take time off due to a family emergency or a sick child, you get reprimanded, even when you have a doctor's note. The… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. It's unfair that the itnerpreters make close to minimum wage here in the US and you don't even offer benefits or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LanguageLine Solutions.

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!