LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Worse than hell, Hell On Earth, the worst job I ever had, Slave Drivers, VeryAbusive company

Former Employee - Do Not Work for This Company Unless You Hate Yourself in Monterey, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

working out of your home

Cons

You don't know the meaning of slave driver until you worked for LLS, 3rd world pay, demanding boss who never responds to your e-mail, no sick leave, if you become sick too bad, you're fired, no pay raise ever I was switched to all call interepreter and the pay stayed minimum wage. The call volume is constant and company allows calls to come into your line 10 seconds before your lunch break, just interpreted for 3 hours straight, too bad, here is some more interpreting for you and screw your time off. So this job is actually worse than any job you can imagine, and you get almost no compensation for it. Company does not certify interpreters but tells them to lie to court officers that you are court certified. Some one should shut them down for unsafe working conditions.

I believe in Karma and everyone single one of you will be punished by Karma for abusing and exploiting your employees. Luis Provenzano should be investigated for abusive way he's handling employees.

146 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Work At Home Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

The only benefit is that you work from home

Cons

When you take time off due to a family emergency or a sick child, you get reprimanded, even when you have a doctor's note. The sad part is that if you receive 3 warnings for absences (even if they are 100% justified) they let you go. There is NO flexibility whatsoever to balance work life and family life. They expect you to be there, PERIOD. No benetits, no health insurance and I was getting paid the minimum amount for high-quality work. I was there for a year until I got a job elsewhere. My recommendation to others who are looking to work as an interpreter there... DON'T it's a mistake.

Get your act together. It's unfair that the itnerpreters make close to minimum wage here in the US and you don't even offer benefits or vacation. Be more flexible, there are those of us who are moms and have obligations, children get sick, there are emergencies, etc., Be involved with those of us who are really working hard and are the heart of the company.

Language Line Services

Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Translator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Supposed flexibility. Work from home and potential of the earnings in a segment of this business where as a eastern European, i have a very few competitors.

Cons

Working hours, no benefits, lack of communication from management, response time from the management as well as reactions from direct line.

Start at the human level and you will begin to understand that the translators are the engine of this company and not the management.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions