National Instruments

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Education in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Education in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

There are many reasons I would like to share with you as to why its such a great place to work, but here are a few: The environment here is very professional and at the same time you enjoy yourself while working with in the different teams. The small forest here is a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors while still working from your laptop. The cafeteria has great breakfast and lunch. There's a gym, basketball court and team bicycle riding. And that's just during lunch. There is always a good game of volleyball going on after work.

Cons

Honestly I never had a reason to feel dissatisfied.

Keep up the deck parties and the general life training meetings! From home buying to managing your financing, healthy life strategies etc...

676 Other Employee Reviews for National Instruments (View Most Recent)

Fun, free, positive and challenging work environment.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Have the ability to rotate to various teams and departments for exposure to new skills and expertise.

Cons

Average salary compared to other companies in the industry.

Continue challenging employees and creating new opportunities for career growth.

A pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at National Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The culture at NI is pretty solid. Everything is low-key, the R&D side has a lot of leeway and things are pretty low stress. People genuinely like going to work here. I make my own hours, don't put in much over 40 hours a week, and while it's not company policy I can occasionally work from home when needed. All the managers in my group have been great and give a lot of autonomy to developers.

Cons

You can make a lot more money elsewhere. NI knows their culture is great and that they have very little turnover, so they don't have a lot of incentive to adequately compensate long time employees. I've been here 13 years and could probably make 40-50% more at another company.

Management is ultra-conservative. This has allowed NI to weather a lot of the recent economic storms, but there always seems to be some new future uncertainty which gives them the excuse to continue trying to save money. Vacation carryover is still capped at 40 hours, 5 years after the temporary policy was put in place.

Reward your employees who stuck with you through the bad times.

There are newer employer reviews for National Instruments