Ralphs

www.ralphs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ralphs

Boring and not the best job

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Encino, CA
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Encino, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and the managers are accommodating. They offer health benefits and the pay is consistent. Managers know how to help new employees.

Cons

Boring, repetitive, insufficient pay. Customers can be a real pain.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Ralphs (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work..

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time (less than a year)

Pros

the only honest pros is usually having cool co-workers because many of them will be young, but dont get me wrong, i have some cool older co-workers too, and pay every friday. You might also be thinking "what about the union representation?" yeah well, read below.. in the CONS

Cons

ah, union representation, here we are. lets start with the pay. despite the fact that you get it every friday, courtesy clerks somehow still get minimum wage. They are treated like absolute slaves and yet we have to pay these sums of cash as union initiation? Thats all nonsense. Rain, sleet, snow, hail, boiling heat? Yeah, you still have to fetch carts. You also constantly have to sweep the store and clean any spills or damage that stupid customers have caused. Also, many customers will wait until theyre about to pay to let the cashier know they forgot a couple of items, and you are then whipped and sent to retrieve them. For minimum wage there are people that are putting clothes on racks and that is IT. Cmon, union, you could at least help put us up at 10. If you have a school schedule of only some days of the week, whoever makes the schedules will make sure they take advantage of that. They WILL suck whatever hours they can from you so you work as much as they can possibly get. Weekends? What are those? Absolutely terrible job, with lots of "hussling" and really no hope of promotion if not on good terms with upper-employees. i understand that many of the workers have been working since the civil war, but 10 dollars an hour at least is all that we new hires ask to keep being slaves, really not too much. Also, when bagging, PRAY that a customer does not have a huge order and ask for bagging in paper. Paper not only takes forever to open up and fill, but is harder to carry around as well, i am still confused as to why customers ask for paper, other than the hippies that care about the plastic flying around town.

Not just because i currently, or am not sure if i soon will be ex-worker, am i saying this, but im pretty sure courtesy clerks are one of the biggest reasons any of these stores even run. Id like to see any older people pushing carts nonstop in whatever forms of weather, constantly bending down to clean spills and also constantly walking to do sweeps and customer demands. Customers are constantly complaining when there are no carts outside to be used, so imagine when there arent any younger people working to fetch them. Courtesy Clerks should NOT be getting minimum wage for what they do. And get rid of paper bags, for the love of all that is good. This place sucks.

I Couldn't See Myself Staying Much Longer

Current Employee - Cashier in North Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ralphs part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had the best coworkers! Most of the customers were super nice.

Cons

Manager always wanted me to work even after clocking out.
    No career movement for many employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ralphs