1-800Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at 1-800Accountant

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 40 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (United States)

Interview

Interview was 45 minutes and thorough, but the HR contact never reached out to be to follow up. I went to their office for an interview in a pandemic. Have a bit more integrity.

Interview Questions
  • How do you do with sales generation?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (United States)

Interview

Experience-based with management, screening, interview with a supervisor, interview with management. After that background check, credentials verification followed by orientation. It is a phone-based interview, people are very nice. Experience questions mostly include tax situations, or what tax advise could you provide to a particular client .

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

Phone interview requested by email. Phone interview was completed within days of applying. After this two face to face interviews were done. Everyone is extremely friendly. The office is very inviting. Lastly, the work environment is laid back, friendly and modern.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (United States)

Interview

I spoke with the HR person first and it went really well. She passed me on to interview (skype) with two people from the accounting team in NY. The connection was horrible and extremely unprofessional. I couldn't hear what they were saying or asking. They were sitting in a corner of a cubical environment office and there were people walking by and looking the entire time. From there, I had a third interview which consisted of an exam of QuickBooks and a Google Doc while they were watching me do everything and on the phone. I completed everything correctly, I work with this platform daily for over 7 years. They said, "wow you did a wonderful job and very fast." Then I get an automated email stating they didn't want me. And then a week later another email stating they wanted another interview. The position comes with zero benefits, and it's a 1099 contract position. They make you sign a year contract that auto-renews. The pay was extremely low and they require you to carry all types of things such as insurance and workers comp. After you factor all of the expenses and low pay, it's really not worth the time. This company is very unorganized and I wouldn't recommend wasting time on the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to complete fake transactions including AP, AR, journal entries, etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (New Haven, CT) in Oct 2019

Interview

Didn't happen. Honestly, it was a poor experience from a technology standpoint and it created confusion on my part about how this meeting was going to take place. I also saw that another human being had a similar experience. Maybe this note will help change things. I was supposed to talk with someone for a phone screen. The the email stated phone screen. 99.9% of the time, most recruiters will call a candidate for a phone screen. I waited and never got a call. I went back and looked at the invite. Glancing at the invite on my computer, the invite only had my name and the recruiter's name. 1-800Accountant needs to invest in a professional unified communication system The recruiter's email title states Phone screen, but I looked back at the invite and they scheduled a video call, which I didn't see because: They ended their note,  "Schedule a time to speak..." If you wrote something like, "Schedule a time for a video conference call", that would be more clear.  If they stated in the email this needs to be a video call, I probably would have looked for the conference call information when the invite arrived. Calendly also didn't provide general information in the calendar header about a Video conference call or a dial in number when I accepted the meeting and it went on my calendar. From my experience Gmail and Microsoft Office will put in the invite header the type of call and the dial in number if it's a conference call so you don't have to look around and dig. Nothing like that from Calendly arrived. There's also no indication of a conference call in the Calendly invite. I've used Calendly with other recruiters to set up phone screens, but they only use it to confirm a time for the phone screen and they call me.  All Calendly put in the subject line was the recruiter's name and mine. Does it let you put conference information in there? I don't use it so I don't know. If you're wondering why I went through and explained all this, it's what I do as a product person. See the pain in the experience may be causing and help the experience be successful the next time around. Hopefully someone who can do something about this will fix it.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (United States) in Sep 2019

Interview

Non existent. They will give anyone a job. If you need a month of pay while trying to find a real company to work for, choose this place.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (New York, NY)

Interview

I initially had a phone screening and then a follow up call from HR. Next I was invited for a face to face interview which involved my resume review and design process demonstration. I provided work samples and answered questions about my process.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (United States)

Interview

HR team will reach out to you once selected, and make appointment for a brief phone interview, at the end of the phone interview, he/she will make appointment for office interview. The interview process was quite short, basic general questions.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Grand Cane, LA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (Grand Cane, LA) in Jul 2019

Interview

One interview that explained the job in great detail, one interview with the Senior Manager of Remotes who quizzed me heavily on my tax knowledge (whew! I literally began to sweat), and one last interview that was just the HR lady explaining what forms I would be filling out, what insurance I needed, and when i could start

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800Accountant (New York, NY) in Jul 2019

Interview

Was told that there would be a phone screen at 3pm. 3:15, no call. Email my POC, and was asked if I could wait until 3:45. Waited, waited...4:20 emailed POC and received no reply. Obviously they are so swamped with talent they just set up interviews as time wasters.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40