1100 Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at 1100 Architect

Entry Level Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1100 Architect (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews,
    1st with one associate architect, quick, personal and welcoming
    2nd with two principal architects, had to repeat the same thing but get questioned a lot
    Mainly talked about my resume, skills and experiences
    They are not into my school work portfolio much
    They want to see real professional work

Interview Questions

• Which project do you like the most?
      How would you describe 1100 architect?
      What would you like to work on?
      Answer Question

Junior Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1100 Architect.

Interview

I had an interview with two associates. They were some of the most cold and unfriendly people I have ever met, hence the interview process was a bit awkward at times. The people here take themselves very seriously.

Junior Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1100 Architect.

Interview

I had three interviews for this position.
    The first interview was with two associate principals. Mainly they asked about my resume, skills and experiences.
    The second one was with one of two principal architects. Mainly he asked about my portfolio. The third one was with another principal architect and another associate principal. They asked about my experiences and the portfolio.
    It took a month to get the result.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions.
      What I was asked were: The goals in the next 5 years. Why I want to work for them. What kind of architect I want to be.
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1100 Architect (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I met with a key member of the marketing team who was very relaxed and pleasant. The interview was going well enough that she brought in one of the principals to meet with me and she left the room. He never greeted me, just asked me to move from the chair I was sitting in. He never smiled or expressed any happiness or excitement. He just sat and stared at me and hammered out questions without any feeling or reaction. I was not upset when they did not call me back because this is not the type of employer I am looking to work with. I have several years of experience in the AEC industry and acquired a position with a successful design based firm shortly after interviewing with 1100.

Interview Questions

• Would you move to another chair.   1 Answer

Intermediate Architect Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1100 Architect in March 2010.

Interview

It was cold and very brief. There was not a lot of feedback and it seemed that the firm knew who they wanted to hire already.