A.M. Best Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.M. Best Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Interview

not very intensive, basic questions about my experience and my knowledge of the business. didn't really feel very challenged about the process. had 2 levels of interviews, HR was ok, not very intense. basically if you want the job you will likely get it.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience? company you worked with   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.M. Best.

Interview

There were two interviews, both with live people, not on the phone. Met with a lot of people. There was not a lot of negotiation after the offer. They have flexible hours in theory, but a lot of work in reality.

Anonymous Employee in Oldwick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.M. Best (Oldwick, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews for this job, both times with 4-5 people at a time. Personally, I did not find this intimidating, but I know other people might. I got the offer the same day, after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your job experience. How will that transfer offer to the position you are applying for? Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A.M. Best in March 2016.

Interview

Wednesday: first interview with two managers
    Friday: second interview with the team the position is assigned to- managers from first interview were there to facilitate.
    Tuesday-Thursday following week: called my 3 professional references
    Friday: offered the job

Very friendly place and people. Easy to find the building.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No wiggle room- take it or leave it offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.M. Best.

Interview

The process begins with a standard 10 min phone screen asking about your interest in the company. 1st round is with several managers asking various questions on your background and the insurance ratings industry. 2nd round is with the top executives asking questions on why you think you would be a good fit here and how well you can meet dead lines. Shortly after the final round I found out that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why A.M. Best? What do you know about the ratings industry?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldwick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.M. Best (Oldwick, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

1) HR Round 2) Written Test 3) Discussion with the Managers- here it could go to 2 rounds of general discussion.

They confirmed my offer but declined at the final stage for some reason

Anonymous Employee in Oldwick, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.M. Best (Oldwick, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Laid back and casual. HR was a bit scary. New HR person is much less so and very good with people. There was a team of 5 managers who came in and interviewed me at once (pretty intimidating). Only one made it somewhat hard (economist) but everyone else took it easy and just got to know me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at A.M. Best?   1 Answer

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at A.M. Best (London, England (UK)).

Interview

One with hiring manager one with HR. Both very friendly, basic behavior questions, past experiences in teams, examples of me having previous experience with big data sets and how I go about managing large datasets and hypothetical scenarios regarding client management and working in a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team? Have you ever dealt with client who was rude/unapproachable?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.M. Best (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 hour interview held. First hour held with HR representative who went through my CV and background, provided a brief background on AM Best and asked a number of competency questions. Second hour held with Senior Financial Analyst and Director; Again very similar to first hour, repetitive questions, however, there were more technical insurance knowledge questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What you consider as your strengths/ Weaknesses?
      Q: What do you know about AM Best?
      Q: Why this role?
      Q: Why AM Best?
      Q: What can you bring into this role?
      Q: What is your understanding of the Insurance Industry?
      Q: What are the key risks facing Insurance companies?
      Q: What is your understanding on the process involved in rating a company?
      Q: How does an Insurance co value it self?
      Q: How do you determine Loss ratios and loss reserves?

Etc
      Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.M. Best (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

A lot of interesting questions but overall, I feel that they were looking at your prior background. They need to make sure that you have enough prior experience in analysing Insurance Industry. They were also interested in most recent work experience and how your skills were transferable.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you transfer from your prior work experience?   Answer Question