A.S. Watson Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A.S. Watson Group Interview Questions

Interviews at A.S. Watson Group

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had to do three tests prior to the interview and had two subsequent interviews one of which involved a presentation and another one was competency based.
    Test were numerical, verbal and psychometric. All SHL tests.
    After competency interviews they presented me with test results. I did well in numerical and verbal tests but psychometric test results were apparently clashing with my competency based answers. Psychometric test comes up straight after other two tests so by that time I was tired and randomly clicking on 60+ questions. So during the interview I had to justify myself which was awkward. Advice would be to make yourself a quick coffee after numerical and verbal tests.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with low price strategy from the competitors?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Interview

Met with HR/Recruitment Personnel before and after the interview and in between meeting each team leader where you are briefed about who you are meeting. Was also given a written exam.

Probably the best interview experience I have ever had. They know how to make the candidate feel comfortable in expressing themselves.

Interview Questions

• 1. What expectations do you have for your supervisor/manager?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick process.
    2 stages + attitudinal tests
    - one generic interview on prior experiences and details about the role
    - presentation of a case study (to be prepared at home before)
    - 3 tests: personality, numerical, text comprehension

Negative experience.
    The last interview has been a waste of time as, although the feedback on the presentation was positive, they decided I was not interested in the role (?).
    (Btw, I actually was very interested).
    Funny enough, the feeling of lack of interest is what I perceived during my time in the room: interview started 15 minutes late, vague questions, senior manager flicking through his iPad (hopefully he was looking at some notes he wrote for the interview), little time given at the end to ask quick questions. If they want candidates to show passion for the role, they should consider to show more interest for them in first place...

In addition to this, I think there has been little respect for my time. Concerns about the interest of the candidates for the role should be addressed in the first interview so to avoid them to spend time in preparing presentation and taking time off from work to attend a further interview.
    If doubts emerge after in the second stage, it could be worth to investigate the candidate motivations in more details, rather than asking generic questions on why they are interested in the job and then jump to conclusions without following up.

I have read a similar comment when I opened the app. They apologised and said they would have kept the feedback in consideration. It doesn’t seem they did.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AS Watson?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience?   Answer Question
    • Case study consists in giving CRM tactics recommendations based on retailer’s performance   1 Answer

CRM Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter; I had an initial F2F with the external recruiter and he was very professional and informative; I was asked to produce a presentation of how would I do my CRM program I presented this in front of the potential manager and an HR representative, The HR rep wasn't very interested on the presentation. When i finished they said they liked it. I received feedback after a couple of days with the news of no offer; saying that I had the best presentation and they were impressed, but I didn't look too keen...I don't know what "not too keen" means but having been the best presentation and not getting an offer was confusing

Interview Questions

A.S. Watson Group Response

Jul 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear your interview at A.S. Watson left you feeling confused - it definitely doesn’t match our intention of providing our applicants with a great... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2008.

Interview

The interview consist of the HR meeting, meeting with your manager, a written math test, a written personality test, a case study and meeting the rest of the team.

Human Resources Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good.
    First I did a couple of personality tests online. After that I got interviewed by the internal recruiter and the manager for the position. After that I was interviewed by the Above Manager in a lunch interview in King's Cross. Then I did a skills test in their offices and was interviewed by 2 senior HR people.

The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

My first round interview was a meeting with the potential manager and a talent coordinator from their HR team, both were lovely and the interview felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. There were no scary "what are all your weaknesses?!" type questions but was engaging and thorough as we spoke about my skills, experience and how they'd fit within the role and organisation.

Unfortunately the role did not work out as planned and ultimately I did not make it through to further rounds of the interview process but the people I dealt with were great and it seems like an awesome company with some very talented people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and the role you're interviewing for?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of where you've had a challenge in a previous role and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    • How would your experience make you a suitable candidate for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe the analytics process you'd use to identify *x* given *y*?   Answer Question

Jun 21, 2017

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is important to us and we wish you all the very best of luck!

Group CRM Analytics Manager, Europe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email by HR, and subsequently had an initial telephone interview with HR. Was told I would hear back within a week regarding a F2F interview, and then via email that it would take a little bit longer, as the department manager was on holiday. After 2 weeks I had still not heard anything, so I sent a follow up email. No response to this email, so after 1 week I managed to find a telephone number to call. Got through to a colleague, who said I'd be contacted back the same day. Did then get an email response back informing me that the job had been downgraded to "Senior Data Scientist", and if I were still interested, a telco interview could be arranged with the department manager. This took place 3 days later. He promised me I would hear back after 1-2 weeks. After 2 weeks with no response, I sent a follow up email to the HR manager: no response. After 2 more weeks a further follow up email: no response.

International Buying Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2018.

Interview

First quick phone interview to know more about background and motivation.
    F2F interview with HR and person from related department. Really nice interview and people
    Ask to do a presentation 3 days before the interview.
    1 hour interview with presentation of the company, the department and the job question about background, motivation, personality, experiences...

Interview Questions

A.S. Watson Group Response

Apr 18, 2018

Hi there and thank you for your review. It’s always hard for us to choose only one from several truly brilliant candidates, that’s why we’re extremely happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your overall... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2019.

Interview

You need to apply through their website first. After that, you will receive interview invitation. It was a group interview, you need to discuss with your groupmates and come up with a presentation with slides. They pay attention on how you are doing in the group. Conducted in Chinese.

Interview Questions

• ask you to have a group discussion on a selected topic. Mine was something like how to utilize the technology on retailing industry.   Answer Question