A9.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A9.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:
    1) Recruiter contact
    2) Technical screen
    3) Panel interview - (4 to 5 engineers)

The questions in the technical interviews gradually becomes more difficult and they are related to the previous question that was asked from you. Any interviewee will have no problem answering if they really know what is being asked of them.

Data Science Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com.

Interview

I applied online, received an email about 10 days later, and phone screening a few days afterwards.
    The interviewer was very friendly and helpful. He walked me through details of his questions. Questions varied from statistics to machine learning methods.

Interview Questions

• Given a grid of size n, in how many moves you can reach from lower-left corner to upper-right corner?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted after about 2 weeks, invited for a 1-hour phone screening with one of the senior scientists. The interviewer was very friendly, helped break down the problem to smaller steps, gave hints, ...

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a grid of size nxn, how many cases are possible to move from bottom-left corner to top-right corner, where only right and up steps are allowed?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews including some technical assessment, then on site for 5-6 hours. The whole process is unpleasant, both phone interviews started much later than scheduled time, last minute cancellation, one day advance notice of on site interview....Don't feel being respected, not enough and proper communication from HR uncles I asked. On site was okay however only 10 min for questions and a lot of technical assessment again although they have done two rounds of technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic sql and python/r question
      Sample projects
      Case studies with their real data to get business acumen   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com in January 2017.

Interview

Two calls. One from a Sr. Manager and one from the direct manager. HR is very unorganized. I've interviewed with them before and thought they changed. Sadly, they have not. The job posting on their site did not reflect what the actual job requirements were. They seem to bump up the requirements as the process goes on. It's a waste of everyone's time to do this.

Interview Questions

• Questions were way more technical than the job posting indicated. Why ask about scripting when the job has nothing to do with it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Usual process. The whole process took a couple of weeks, from first email to set a time for phone screening, and doing the screening. In comparison with other companies, the recruiter was slow in responding emails and scheduling.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got a response very quickly. They wanted me to interview within a week and I gave them slots in which I was available. A forty five minute phone interview was set up. And it began with general introductions, coding and then I asked the interviewer some questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Check whether a string in an interleave of 2 given strings   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was not nice at all. The interviewer barely response me during solving the problem and terminated the process right before I write the correct answer. It was the worst technical interview I had.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com in November 2016.

Interview

Interviews very conducted very well. Never at any point did I feel nervous. There were two rounds - the first a typical programming based and the second was nothing more than a conversation with one of the tech leads at A9.

Interview Questions

• Simple string manipulation questions were asked in the first round.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with the recruiter after applying online. Standard phone interview and coded on a white-board like text editor. The engineer was very nice and very informative about the company's work and culture. Questions are relatively easy and test on your aptitude in solving basic data structure and algorithm problems. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• NDA. Involves the use of hashes.   1 Answer