A9.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

A9.com Interview Questions

Interviews at A9.com

Applied Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Had 2 phone screens and then on onsite. Onsite consisted of 5 interviews. Most of the interviewers focused on Machine Learning concepts with only 1 or 2 coding related questions overall.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers are smart but super nice too. The questions aren't too difficult if your ML fundamentals are clear (incase you're unsure you'll find out yourself after the interview). Coding questions were easy-medium (harder side of medium) level.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone screen with one of my peers. After passing the initial phone screen you are then asked to come in for an onsite interview which is an all day process. You are then given a decision within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very structured and definitely revolved around the 14 leadership principles.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I was impressed at the efficiency of the process for such a large company as Amazon. Only thirty days passed from the first email from recruiter to the notification that they wanted to make me an offer. The interviews were varied and focused, and the interviewers were very engaged and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had a disagreement with your manager. How did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online for Software Development Internship (Large Scale Distributed Systems) and got a call for phone interview. The interviewer was friendly. Asked me about my background and projects. Finally asked one coding question. I answered all of it but got a rejection mail from the recruiter after a week. Overall easy interview and friendly recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Find first positive missing number from an unsorted array. Given range 0 to infinity of the numbers in array.   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied in early January. The recruiter reached out about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. The interview process started with a phone screening with the hiring manager. After a 30 min call, he invited me to a 5 hour onsite interview. I met with five people, including the hiring manager, his manager, a peer, and two others I would work cross-functionally with. All in all, interview questions weren't hard (you can read up on how Amazon interviews online). However, one interviewer showed NO interest in me and instead, used the whole hour of his interview to probe me for competitor information... This incident made me lose interest in the job. In the end, they never reached out to me or even send me a canned rejection email.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A9.com in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR for a phone interview. The interviewer was very polite and patient throughout the whole process. Introduced the projects they were working on and patiently answered all of the questions I had. One of the best interviews I've ever had.

Applied Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a technical interview which involved basic algorithmic coding and machine learning questions. Then had another interview with hiring manager, in which we talked about the role and also some technical questions related to machine learning and my research.

Business Intelligence Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online month of November. Got a call after 3 months after application. First, call schedule with the hiring manager. Got rejected immediately on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Time required to load 1gb of data Q2: situational how do you complete a task if one of the requirement is missing? Q3: Given table having columns Date and CustomerID , Date when a customer visited website and customerID identifying a customer. Create a report which will display last month's % of returning customers.
      example:
      Date 0 1 2 3 4 ......30 ( These are the columns for report)
      17thDec2017 25 22 21 19 18....3 (values   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at A9.com in November 2017.

Interview

One phone interview from an engineer and it took about 45 mins. One coding question. Some concepts. They are really friendly and easy going. Not very difficult but need prepare for it beforehand.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A9.com (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:
    1) Recruiter contact
    2) Technical screen
    3) Panel interview - (4 to 5 engineers)

The questions in the technical interviews gradually becomes more difficult and they are related to the previous question that was asked from you. Any interviewee will have no problem answering if they really know what is being asked of them.