AACR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AACR Interview Questions

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online - received a phone interview 4 weeks later. Call was with an outside recruiter so did not have all direct insight in to the company. Did not have salary or benefits information available to share.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AACR (Phila, PA).

Interview

I had a phone screen, which to me, seemed to be done by someone with no experience in interviewing. The interviewer was very unknowledgeable.

I interview with the head if HR and then with dept manager. Within a few days HR called to offer me the job. I accepted and gave notice. A few days passed and HR Director called to tell me I had to interview with the CEO and that the salary would be $10,000 less. Mind you this was after she extended me the offer a few days prior and I had already resigned from my position. This was the most unprofessional interview I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bate and switch. Do not work there.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AACR.

Interview

It took them MONTHS to get back to me, so if you expect a quick response don't waste your time. A couple of tests then two interviews with heads of your department. You won't hear back from HR or your interviewers if you email them.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have that would help with this role?   Answer Question

Events/Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted the resume and the HR recruiter called me. Before I came in for my interview, I had to submit a personality test online. Then 2 hours out of the 3 hour interview in-person was me taking a spelling test, grammar test, cognitive ability test, and writing sample. I understand wanting to be thorough but they also refuse to give you feedback on any of the tests/activities you do which seems to defeat the purpose of having you do the exercises. I then had an interview with the HR recruiter and then the actual hiring manager. Neither of them were able to clearly articulate what the main job responsibilities were which was a red flag.. it didn't feel like I would be a good match for the company and I didn't feel respected during the interview process (this wasn't my first job!).

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I submitted an email with my resume and salary history for the Executive Assistant position in June. I was contacted for an interview end of June. During the interview process, I was given a spelling test, a typing test, and a reading comprehension/summary test.

After the tests, I spoke with a director and immediate supervisor of another position because the hiring interviewer said I might fit better with that particular department.

I was offered a position in August.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

By far the most unusual and frustrating interview experience I have ever had. Began with a surprise test - first a spelling/grammar test which apparently every applicant must take, followed by a writing sample. Neither were difficult but to discover on the spot that you are to be tested when you are already nervous is somewhat disrespectful in my opinion. Following the tests and interview with HR, I was told that I was an ideal candidate and instructed to clear my schedule for an upcoming interview the following week, and I never heard from them again!

Interview Questions

• The tests were the most unexpected aspect of the interview process, everything else was fairly standard.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out. It took over three months to finally get through everything. I had to interview with more than 4 people of which 2 I would not even be supporting. They tried to really low ball the salary. I stood firm and finally received a call back.

Interview Questions

• How did I deal with pressure?   1 Answer

Staff Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

met with hiring manager, then the HR director. both were very welcoming and not intimidating. i also had to perform a typing test to see how many words a minute i could type, as well as submit a writing sample. which i thought was a bit silly, but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• activities, past experience   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AACR (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

It was OK. Didn't like ot and didn't get the job.

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AACR in April 2011.

Interview

I was called for the first interview the day after submitting my application online. I was told that the interview would consist of a typing test, a spelling/grammar test, an interview with human resources, and possibly an interview with the hiring manager. I passed all of my tests and interviewed with both human resources and the hiring manager plus the immediate supervisor of the position I was applying for.
    I was told I wouldn't hear anything right away due to a huge annual meeting coming up.
    The day after the annual meeting, I received another phone call, to set up a second interview.
    I had the second interview with the same hiring manager and supervisor as before. They asked me a lot of questions about multi-tasking, deadlines, and repetitive work.
    A few days later, I received a phone call from HR, asking to check my references. I liked that they asked me first.
    Then I was called in to interview with a different department. This was a much more casual interview, except that the entire department was brought in to meet me.
    About 2 hours later I received another phone call, and this was the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If I (supervisor) came to your desk, you received an important email, and your phone started ringing all at the same time, in what order would you handle everything?   Answer Question