AAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially had a call with HR which was great. They told me how great my qualifications for the position were and rushed me in for an in-person interview. The interview in the office was a completely different experience. I interviewed with two of the lead team members and the VP of HR. First, I waited for nearly 15 minutes in a conference room alone until someone finally came in. When the interview started, I was drilled about my resume. It wasn’t a “tell us about yourself or what you bring to the table” kind of interview. Those interviewing me showed little interest in my qualifications and myself as an individual. I was given a writing exercise for a mock press release, which I was given 25 minutes to complete. Overall, I think department members need better training when it comes to conducting an interview.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was quickly e-mailed back to set up a phone call. The phone call was very quick, but went well as I was invited for an in person the following week. I went in and genuinely thought that the interview went well. It was 30 minutes each with the VP of HR, the HR manager, and the recruiter. They did not do any personality based questions, but rather just talked briefly about my experience and asked me to fill at least 1/3 of the 30 min with questions. I was extremely disappointed with the experience because I was told by the recruiter that I had the best resume and that he really liked me (and had told the VP that as well). He told me that he would be getting back quickly as they are looking to fill the position asap, but I never got anything back. After e-mailing the check-in, I really was just left out to dry. I thought--especially after all of the great comments given to me by the recruiter, that I at least deserved a call to tell me I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

AAR Response

Oct 24, 2017 – Director of TA Strategy

Hello, & thank-you for the input. Very much appreciate, as always working to get better, so that the whole HR community can stay focused on #DoingItRight .

Straight ahead everybody,

Repairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with the recruiter. Next was an in person interview that was about an hour and a half long talking with senior repairs specialist. The final interview consisted of talking with senior leaders in the company to evaluate if I would be a good fit at the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a professional weakness   1 Answer

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AAR (Rockford, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied after working 5 months through contracting agency. Input was gathered through leads and supervisors. Aspects considered were knowledge of the job, punctuality, attitude, and work ethic. Ability to learn AAR's policies and adhere to them was also important.

Interview Questions

• Most of my work ethic, qualifications, and proficiency was demonstrated through contract work.   1 Answer

Aug 24, 2017 – Director of TA Strategy

Thank-you for your work. Very much appreciate. Quality First. Safety Always. Love #DoingItRight & let's keep 'em Flying!

Blue skies,

Vice President, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. this was done initially by the recruiter and then followed up with my direct supervisor. We discussed goals for me, the company and the future of AAR including the new business.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was fast and very professional. They flew me to Chicago to interview at their world headquarters in Wood Dale, IL. Gorgeous facility. Lovely people. Great work. Growing company. It was literally an amazing opportunity but it just was not the right time to make a career move.

Applied - Sunday
    Phone Screen - Monday
    F2F - following Monday
    Job Offer - Friday

Interview Questions

• basic questions about my background   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2017 – Director of TA Strategy

Thank-you for review.

V/R,

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AAR (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews.

One on phone: Just walk me through your resume? why you want this job?

Second one in person with 3 different people. Very easy just open communication. I felt I was over prepared.

Interview Questions

• Q) Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker, how did you solve it? Q) Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Aug 17, 2017 – Director of TA Strategy

Nice, as love employee referrals.

Blue skies,

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AAR (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

one on one about 20 minutes. asked what you wanted, what hours you would work, and simple aircraft questions you learned in school. Not a stressful interview by any means.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AAR (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Process went well. very professional staff. I met with three interviewers. They all took the time to tell me about the company and what a typical day would be like from their working perspective.

Interview Questions

• What was I looking for in my next role and why did I feel their role would be a good fit for me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Worked through an agency. They worked directly with the company.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AAR (Wood Dale, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through company website. Initial phone screen was with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet with the hiring manager and another analyst in the department. Very straight forward interviews, not a ton of behavioral questions. It was more experience based and what I could contribute to the team. After round 1, I was invited back to meet with the VP of the department. I received an offer the next day.