AB Agri Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AB Agri

2.8

Head of Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri (Peterborough, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interviews with two Board Directors, then called for two more interviews, one with the CEO. Opportunity to discuss internal/external vision and ambitions for the organisation and where my experience could support those goals. Given common situations to describe how I would handle the internal/external communication. Asked how i would support the board in building their internal and external profile and creating more of a community feel for the Head Office at Peterborough. This was a new position so they were keen to see how I would create/build the communications function.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my approach to communication, my understanding of the business and sector, employee engagement locally and internationally.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caerphilly, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AB Agri (Caerphilly, Wales (UK)).

Interview

I applied online for the role and they responded back for an interview inside of a month. After arriving I was taken on a short lab tour before being sat down for the final interview.

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri in April 2016.

Interview

For first time in my life I was contacted by three different headhunter for the same position, which to be honest, does not give a good first impression. Although I am not actively seeking a new position, I accepted to be interviewed.
    There were two different stages, one with UK HQ, which was challenging and enriching, and other with local country managers, which was very disappointing and one of the poorer interviews I have ever faced.
    Luckily, the company decided to cancel the process and I was no forced to give a negative answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept to do low profile tasks?   1 Answer

AB Agri Response

May 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I’d like to start by apologising that you’re disappointed by the way your interview was conducted. I’d like to re-assure you that we pride ourselves on a professional candidate experience in all of... More

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AB Agri.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a face-to-face interview. Most of the questions were competency based. At the end of the interview, I was told that the interviewer will be in touch to discuss the outcome. However it is almost around 2 months since the interview happened and there has been no contact about the interview status from either the interviewer or the HR. It is absolutely unprofessionally to invite candidates for interview and not update them on the status.

Interview Questions

AB Agri Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your comments; these have been passed to the relevant department. We pride ourselves on personally addressing all candidates who’ve attended an interview with feedback regardless of... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri (Peterborough, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stage interview. Competency based questions. Very friendly environment and put you at ease at interview. Great head office - new and modern. Overall experience at interview gave a great impression of the organisation.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AB Agri.

Interview

Initial discussions with MD of the specific business and Group HRD, followed up with chemistry meetings with colleagues. I felt as though my skills and the fit to the organisation were equally important to AB Agri, and this was very important to me too

Interview Questions

• What added value would you bring to the role? What would be most challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was adult and robust, while looking reach an acceptable outcome for both parties

Customer Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri (Peterborough, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a Team Leader and a younger member of staff who was being trained to interview.

Very informal and relaxed interview, asked questions about myself, my previous roles, a few competency based questions, then asked about salary expectations and career aspirations.

Not very much to it really but then I had applied for a very basic junior role so I didn't expect it to be Rocket Science.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last role?   1 Answer

Customer Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri (Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with company talent acquisition specialist followed by face to face interview with direct line manager and the talent acquisition specialist. Interview was a mixture of questions about my work history and skills along with general conversation regarding the role, company and progression opportunities.

An offer was received the next day via telephone with start dates planned for a couple of weeks later.

Both the talent acquisition specialist and manager kept in touch with me right up until the start date and offered advice and guidance on what to expect within my first couple of weeks.

Overall the entire process was positive

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Credit Control Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AB Agri (Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the AB Agri website. The very next day contacted by HR department and invited for the interview next week. Went to Peterborough to meet Group Credit Manager. Interview started on time and was very relaxed, informal, easy-going and straightforward with the focus on the main criteria for the position. Next day, I received an offer. I really appreciated the flexibility with my starting date. AB Agri made it easier for me to relocate from London to Peterborough and I was also offered an help to settle in.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company. Description of my current job. My future.   Answer Question

Yeast Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AB Agri.

Interview

One phone interview with one person, and one in-person interview with 3 people, then two other people separately. In total in person interview was slightly longer than 2 hours. Average looking office, but they're expanding the premises, so it could get better.