ABC Supply Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.3

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosedale, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Rosedale, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I had applied 2 months previous, and finally got a call saying they'd just had a manager change and checked older applications. The manager was young-ish, younger than me at least and I'm 29, and as he told me it was a recent promotion. I did a lot of the steering the conversation and most of my questions were about employee orientation and the level of routine in the job. As a driver, work gets stressful very quickly if you have someone behind a desk changing your routes unexpectedly and extending your hours because they are unable to ask customers to be more flexible so as to keep drivers safely driving. I had a recent experience with being hired as a driver but only driving 40-50% of the time, and asked to do other stuff. The pay was a little less but there's a "shingle" bonus that would mean I was well paid, and I was overall happy. It seemed to be a good fit even though I knew nothing about roofing products. But I was told as a driver, this wouldn't be a disruption to my performance and I'd be eased into the learning of things.
    However, after working there for one day things became more clear to me. The place has been running messy and understaffed for months, and I was misled, because I was called because another recent hired driver quit after a short time. By day 3, after finishing all my onboarding classes I had been working 10 hr days in the warehouse and management had no intention of rushing to get me on the road. I couldn't get a clear answer if asking what I'd be trained on was. Often I was unsupervised for many hours, doing the best to help in the warehouse with pick-ups and recieving shipments. Very, very unprofessional I thought that they'd be unapproachable for a new hire. But furthermore, I wondered why there was a lack of diversity in the company as well. The location was fairly new, had previously been Norandex until ABC bought them out, and no office employee besides this new manager wasn't a previous Norandex employee. I'm not saying that is bad, but they had many positions still to fill( As mentioned prior, there was no warehouse employees) and couldn't bring in people with roof wholesale background. The manager was black though and I think as I am white and I had misgivings about things (for good reason) he immediately started thinking I could be prejudiced. I left after a week. I wouldn't want to be working where managers would be so hard on looking at weaknesses in others, rather than looking inside themselves, and basically making up their own un-based conclusions to fulfill their thinking. I was working long hours in a un-cooled warehouse doing things that wasn't discussed in interviews, while management were in A/C'd office and being the last to come in in the morning, and never had answers for direct questions about my future. Being a manager at any age doesn't give you a free pass for ignorance and laziness. And any employee who is trying to get ahead will always adapt management's ideals. I came in to pick up my last paycheck and it was locked in an office that they couldn't get in while this manager was taking a personal day. No surprise there.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights and be willing to go up on rooftops?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Branch manager was a very positive easy going individual which directly related to the laid back interview experience I had with him. Great atmosphere in the branch. Wonderful interview experience.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Alsip, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Manager acted professional and polite but the only thing he delivered it on out of all his promises was a lot of hours during the busy months... No Hazmat assistance no training on anything except a 10 minute forklift Rodeo

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights because you have to go on roofs   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

straight forward and easy, did not really interview they went ahead and just hired me due to their high turn over rate. They are quick to tell you one thing but certainly mean something else

Yard Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Salisbury, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to the location. Sat in the front office until I was called back for the interview. Talked to them about the job and benefits. Shook hands and left the area to wait for a phone call

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my University for a summer internship. The interview witht he recruiter was quick and easy. The second interview involved a face to face meeting with the Branch Manager. It also was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with selling?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the manager once and received and offer the next day. The manager was a very laid back and it was more of a conversation than an intense interview. He gave me the basic overview of the job and told me what my responsibilities would be. All in all it was pretty easy and once I received my offer I just had to take a drug test. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff about my education and what was on my resume. Was I comfortable lifting 50 lbs(a bundle of shingles) in the event I had to help in the warehouse.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

All out- of-state. All over the phone. Manager lied about the entire job description. One phone call interview with the job offer included. One call from me to accept. Managet should be more honest during this process.

Interview Questions

• Only cared about my mvr report.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co. (Omaha, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great interview with the branch manager. Was called back for a second interview as well. Seems like a pretty good company to work for. National chain, which is awesome. Opportunity for advancement seems very promising.

Interview Questions

• What do I think it takes to be successful in this position.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ABC Supply Co..

Interview

I was approached by a manager as I am getting well known in the industry. Had a few face to face meetings. Didnt seem to go anywhere then Iwas approached by another branch. Questions were standard, but yet trying to get information on company and contractors that I'm with. What I found to be totally unethical is wanting my W2's. Really? If you see a value in something or someone, its not in your best intetest to demean...make an offer solely on what you believe they are worth. If you want to be viewed as a "class act company" You definitely were NOT this time.

Interview Questions

• Who are your contractors? What is your quota?   1 Answer

Offer was less than average. Why leave current position that pays more?