ACC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Lab Tech II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

You will be interviewed about your previous work experience, questions about things shown in resume. Very friendly interview.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

There was a scheduled interview at the campus I was meant to work at if hired. There were a total of 5 people at once from multiple departments who each asked a single question 2x. Interview lasted 25-30 minutes and it was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you handled at your previous job, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ACC in July 2018.

Interview

panel style interview with five people plus a follow up interview with the lead from the department. Very long process to decide who is right for the job.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I've been through several now for several different positions. Usually you wait for a pretty long time after you apply before you get the call to come in for an interview. Its always a panel of people from different areas of the college and they have a list of standard questions - "what are you strengths", "what are your weaknesses", "describe a situation in which you performed well", etc. The questions are not terribly difficult, but I can imagine it would be intimidating having to sit in front of a panel of people.

After the interview, I find it's hard to know if it went well or not because of the number of people you are dealing with. It takes a really long time to hear back afterward. If you contact them and ask about it, usually they will redirect you to HR and you'll get a vague answer. Just when you are about to give up hope altogether, that's when HR calls and says you got it. If you aren't quite as fortunate you'll get an email saying you didn't get it. You always hear one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation related to your job that was particularly challenging and describe how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I had to go in and talk to the tutor center manager. I was given a set of skill review question and she went over my background. There was a second set of interview in which she explained to me the role I would be carrying as a tutor and the responsibilities that the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• What would I be a good fit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The schedule was negotiated.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

After submitting around 40 applications, and slightly hounding HR personnel and hiring managers, I was finally contacted for an interview for the following week. It was such a routine that I would apply for every new posting before I could even realize it. It's seriously a numbers game, it took over a year before I was contacted for an interview. After my interview it took a few weeks to hear back from compensation with an offer. Once we agreed on a salary, I was able to choose my start date that was in the following month.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, nothing out of left field. Honestly, there isn't one that stands out as difficult. "Tell us about a time you had a difficult customer and you handled the situation." Those types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HORRIBLE! They lowballed me so I countered. They came back with $100 more, ANNUALLY! I only took the position because I was in dire need. But I was so insulted with the offer that I almost didn't want to.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

I met with three full-time professors in the department. They asked me fairly standard questions, and then they asked me to do a lesson demonstration (I had been told of this beforehand and was given the opportunity to prepare). The professors acted like the most challenging students they could think of.

Interview Questions

• A professor, in the role of a confused student, couldn't "understand" my explanation no matter how many times/ways I restated, diagrammed, modeled, etc. The challenge, of course, was to see how patient I was and how creative I could be with teaching to different learning styles or disabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are set compensation levels for adjuncts per class, per semester, depending on the number of contact hours with students and the number of semesters of service to the college. So there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. I met with the Dept. Chair of English in her office and she asked me several general questions about my teaching methods. After about ten minutes she said for me to walk over to the main secretary and fill out my employment information (I was hired).

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging teaching situation? How did you overcome the challenge?
      What was a breakthrough you had with a student?
      What is your teaching style?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

The interview was with the department head. It involved a series of questions to determine if you're suited for higher-education teaching. They want to know if you had any experience teaching in a classroom setting, describe your teaching approach, strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle different situations in the classroom. After the interview, I had to keep contacting the department head in order to actually get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is partly driven by the requirements for an accredited institution so that getting hired does mean that you have some academic achievements. PhD is not required, but of course, as it's the gold card of the profession, having one helps. The HR department checks applications against position requirements and your application must, repeat much, meet or exceed them. The interview process is by a committee and the same questions are asked of each of the interviewees in each session. Followup questions are sometimes allowed but generally, the answers you give for each question will determine if you are in the running.

Interview Questions

• I didn't think any of the questions were particularly difficult; the one unexpected one was "What would you do if a student in the class got out of control?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered.