ACC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ACC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

I was called and told I was selected for an interview. They had me fill out a background check consent form and bring it. It was a panel with 6 people I think. 25 questions. Most were pretty straightforward, some I had to think about. Some fun ones.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ACC (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minutes technical phone interview, very nice people, if you know Linux and scripting it will be super easy.

Then I had to go for face to face interview with the team lead and hiring manager. Very cool environment

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a single round interview where I was interviewed by a panel. They asked behaviorial questions and about my projects. I got a call and they invited me on-site within a short notice. I was very confident and answered all the questions. Saddest part is they didn't update me anything until I called them and enquired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACC (Brown, TX).

Interview

Fin lots of questions interaction very thero very informative allowed to view systems allowed to very site floor and meet all the staff employees payroll discusses and benefits were brought up

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in customer service before   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy

Webmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX).

Interview

I knew my boss before I was hired, so I felt like a shoe-in. And I was. We met in his office, I sat across from him, and it was a very casual conversation. However, this was only for an hourly position. I know that for part-time or above, ACC employs a panel interview, and they can be tough.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I knew how to make websites, and if I had any examples of my work. I was also asked to verify that I had graduated college.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate for an hourly wage because I had just graduated and $11.50 an hour seemed pretty good at the time. About six months later my boss (the dean) gave me a raise to $14.50 an hour.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

Saw job posted on ACC website. Applied. Several weeks later contacted via phone. Scheduled interview for about two weeks out. Flew myself in to Austin for interview and was asked to prepare a 15-minute presentation, and I was not told to whom I would be presenting. It was a fairly involved interview that required quite a bit of preparation. When I was notified that I did not get the job, they told me via a form email from the HR department, which I thought was tacky. If you ask someone to fly in from another state and/or put together a presentation, you can at least send an individual email letting them know they did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time that you enacted a plan that went well.
      Q: Describe a time that you enacted a plan that did not go so well.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with my potential supervisor and one of her other instructors. They asked me several questions, and I asked some as well. They also had me do a skills demonstration component, for one of the classes I would have potentially taught.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with older students from diverse backgrounds?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACC.

Interview

There was a scheduled interview at the campus I was meant to work at if hired. There were a total of 5 people at once from multiple departments who each asked a single question 2x. Interview lasted 25-30 minutes and it was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you handled at your previous job, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Northridge Campus Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

When you apply, you fill out a form online at <sites.austincc.edu>. This form is not very formal, so it's OK to have some fun filling it out... as long as it's work appropriate. You will receive a phone call or e-mail to arrange an interview, if the position has not already been filled. In some cases, they will still arrange an interview for you to see if you'd be a good fit for volunteering for a semester before moving into the Campus Chair or other paid position. During the physical interview, you answer approximately 7 brief questions regarding your ideas and hopes for Student Life to a panel of 2 to 3 people. They are gauging that you want to help with student life, are motivated to do so, and have the creative capacity to carry out any hopes and dreams you have for Student Life. In the case of the Campus Chair position, this will all be while leading a team of approximately 15+ of your peers.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any super hero, who would you be? (A variation is if you could have any super powers, what would they be?)   1 Answer
    • How do you interact with people of different backgrounds, races, religions, sexual orientations, etc?   1 Answer

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ACC (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted and informed that I need to show up for an interview. There was almost no notice and inquired about having a Skype Interview and they rejected that idea. I flew out the day before the interview and met with 3 people. I was not told who I would be interviewing with and all three people were asking questions. The interview lasted roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• 1.Describe your background and experience related to this position
      2. Describe your most challenging or difficult procurement / project
      3. Give example of how one works under pressure
      4. What is my interpretation of Excellent Customer Service
      5. Tell me about a time you encountered change in work process
      6. Describe a situation one negotiated a contract
      7. Give example of leadership
      8 Give example of how one would give proper training
      9 Give example of difficult information one has had to analyze   Answer Question

I was told that I was "One" of the top candidates for the position. I had to inform ACC that I am out of state and if they could let me know the status with the position they came back to me and offered me the position. They low balled. I tried to renegotiate and they said no to everything I ask. I paid for a flight out to Austin for the interview and when I tried to negotiate relocation assistance they said no to that. I felt really disrespected since I asked them if we could Skype interview and they graciously said NO. I essentially paid for a flight to interview and I did not have the same kind of respect when I asked for relocation assistance. That was the kicker I would have taken the position if they helped out with that.