ACE Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The initial contact was through an email with flexible day/time options to set a phone interview.
    I had my phone interview the next day. It last about 20 mint. Interview focused on my coaching experience, job schedule and salary.
    Then i was invited for onsite visit. This happened the next day. It took about an hour, this include a school tour with 2 of the students, then a meeting with the Principal and Special Education Department. I was asked several question about my work experience. Also, I have some what would you do question with different scenarios.
     I had the opportunity to ask question as well. At the end schedule and salary was discussed. They told me i will be contacted soon with the next step to follow. The recruiter contact me by email same day.

All the staff was very professional and friendly!

Interview Questions

• What would i do if a student don't even want to rise his head and do his job?   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was with management from different departments. The first round was with the hiring management from finance on the phone. Next step was face to face. The final interview process was with two different directors from different departments.

Interview Questions

• The resume tells me what you've done, but could you please tell me your career story and how you came to be where you are now?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflicts among employees?   Answer Question
    • What is your career goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was given and there is room for negotiation. I suggest in any offer, to look at the entire benefit package (vacation, medical coverage, insurances, etc).

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Came to the school for first round of interviews. I met my potential manager and toured the school. I set up a second time to come back again this time for my formal interview. I had a panel of three during my interview. I was given a response in a quick and timely manner!

Interview Questions

• How would you help a student who struggles to make friends and is lonely.   1 Answer
    • What can you tell us about yourself that is not in your resume?   Answer Question
    • How would you know if you are being successful in this role?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a student made a drawing that could be alarming/concerning?   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an all day process that includes student, teacher and parent panels as well as classroom observations and debriefs with teachers, professional development presentation to staff, and role plays.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three non-negotiable elements for what constitutes high quality professional development for staff? Why are these elements vital?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted my competed resume, cover letter, and an extra ACE essay to the job poster who worked with ACE, who then gave it to the Office Manager. In a few days, after they decided which resumes and cover letters they liked, they started calling for interviews. To help my chances, I brought in my portfolio that I'd worked on during my time in San Jose Job Corps. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What do you like do in your spare time?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why would you like to work at ACE?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

You'll be in the door to meet face to face if you pass the telephone screening. However, there where many, many, many, many questions about conflict management. Fifteen to 20 questions were asked, about two-thirds were handling difficult people, conflicts situations, how would you handle......... 'scenario questions' etc. Red Flag!

It's a non-profit so I expected the pay to be lower to corporate or private. It wasn't just low, it was p-e-a-n-u-t-s. The negotiation process was interesting. Finance person didn't even interview with me (just passed by, sat in his office and said nothing --- I didn't even know who he was until after ward) He didn't even wanted to talk on the phone to discuss salary expectation during the negotiation process. Tried to schedule time over email to talk and after several failed attempts, and only email communication was option, I decided to decline the offer. There were other reasons as well, but this was a Clear Signs of a dysfuctional office environment and management team.

Interview Questions

• Too many 'how would you handle this wxyz'........scenario type question?   Answer Question

Salary offered was peanuts, lack of communication from management and clear signs of a dysfuctional office environment and management team.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 6-7 weeks which is good given the position. The interview process was very professional, courteous and respectful. People who I met were very engaged, energetic and yet very humble about their successes and experiences. Process consisted of an application off Indeed/Glassdoor, followed by a phone call with a recruiter about 2 weeks later. This was followed by a phone call with the Hiring Manager a week later. Following that, I had a face-to-face a week later with 4 people onsite. That was followed up by another onsite meeting a week later with the Hiring Manager and the Controller. A week later, an offer was made and was subject to background checks. The whole process was very smooth, efficient and still retained the personal experience of a smaller aspirational organization.

Student Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A lot of transparency with the dean of students, very welcoming environment and optimism. I had a tour of the environment I was going to work in and was able to meet children and interact about their school experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you could tell someone what ACE Schools does, how would you say it in 15 seconds?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools in May 2015.

Interview

A though and all day interview with a school leader from each school. The interview process was very different than any interview I have ever been through. I liked the commitment of all the administration to talk with me and ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a difficult situation and what I did to resolve it   Answer Question

8th Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACE Charter Schools (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

it went great. I was called in for an interview one on one. Followed by a demo lesson done at one of the ACE locations. Right after the demo lesson there was a debrief involving my self and the principal with pros and cons. I was then called in and was offered the position.