ADESA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

Dealer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADESA (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Very positive interview experience. Very informative. They ask some pretty direct questions, but they will also answer just about any question you ask. Pretty open and honest atmosphere. They take some time to decide in the hiring process, on boarding takes a bit of time as well. My experience was around 30 days from interview to offer, and another 21 days to start date. Very nice and flexible recruiting staff that does a good job explaining what all the steps and keeping in touch along the way. They have a new system and on boarding is all automated and online. Be prepared for lots of emails during this process. I swear that system emails you about six tasks, you complete them, and it emails you about seven more.

Interview Questions

• Q. How much experience do you have in the automotive industry?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ADESA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Was asked to come into his office. Then we proceeded with what was him telling me what is going on in his life. No questions asked about my experience or anything.

Online Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADESA (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter contacted me about 2 days later asking basic questions about my experience. 2nd interview was onsite with the GM of the auction, giving more insight about the position. 3rd Interview was on the phone with the regional manager who asked more in-depth questions about experience and situations. Made it to the top final candidates, but wasn't offered the position

Interview Questions

• How would handle a situation where a dealer is asking more money than the car is worth?   1 Answer

Dealer Sales and Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADESA (Boston, MA).

Interview

straightforward, interview with a few managers
    remember it is a "sales pitch" different stokes for different folks, win them over and make a higher salary, commission
    1-1 with direct report, regional sales vp
    standard driving record, drug test

Interview Questions

• previous history, proven sales, closing skills, experience handling objections   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ADESA (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Excellent experience. Quick process very friendly environment fair pay for job duties requires. There was a 48 hour turn around time and was selected. Was treated very nicely and would recommend this company to others.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADESA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a final in person interview. First phone was with HR, basic screening. Second phone was with hiring manager; skill set screening and personality. Third interview was almost entirely technical with a conferenced called in tech team. Tough but good interview. The three interviews took about 3 weeks to accomplish and I was told that I'd have an update in about a week.

This is where it goes south. 4 weeks of near zero communication and when I finally got the rejection it was a form letter. Interviewees spend a great deal of time preparing and actually interviewing. I can't stand it when they're blown off like this.

Interview Questions

• We reviewed my knowledge of Mobile App architecture and release methodology   Answer Question

National Inside Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ADESA (Carmel, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fine. Susan is a wonderful manager and deserves much more than she receives in gratitude. The process was quick.. Maybe a week? Only because I interviewed on a Thursday.. Offered the job on the coming Wednesday. She tested my personality. The NISS team is very close knit so her main concern is finding people that are on par with the rest of the team's energy and talent level.. As well as someone we'll all get along with.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADESA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour and I was told that I would continue as a prospective candidate for the position unless I received an email from HR (explaining they were passing on me as a potential candidate).

Interview Questions

• What was a requirement of your previous position that you did not agree with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADESA in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources representative was followed by a phone interview with the Hiring Manager which lasted about an hour. Good conversation with the Hiring Manager about the position and the expectations of the position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADESA.

Interview

very easy interview. I was surprised that they didnt ask more questions about my sales background and education. It seemed as though all they needed to know was that I had reliable transportation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none