ADESA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
ADESA President & CEO Stephane St-Hilaire
Stephane St-Hilaire

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance with remote work option as needed, no weekends, few late nights (in 9 reviews)

• Flexible working hours with Good benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • If you decide to work there document EVERYTHING an Trust no one (in 8 reviews)

• Some upper management were not so competent (in 7 reviews)

1. "Lot Specialist"

Current Employee - Lot Specialist in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Lot Specialist in Flint, MI

I have been working at ADESA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for full time employees. Plenty of paid leave. Hours are good. Weekends and major holidays off.

Cons

Pay is too low to keep employees. $12/hour barely pays the bills, making adesa just a small stepping stone to a better career.

2. "Sad but True"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at ADESA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If they can get good leaders back in there, it could be GREAT again.

Cons

Poor leadership & pay. Management has their own agenda instead of the company's views.

Advice to Management

Get it together!!

"Annual raises were always the same."

Current Employee - Posting Clerk in Fountain, CO
    Current Employee - Posting Clerk in Fountain, CO

I have been working at ADESA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun business, great fellow employees

Cons

Pay raises were the same every year, Management changes to often and never for the better

4. "Confusion and Chaos Rule at ADESA PA"

Former Employee - IT Field Administrator in York, PA
    Former Employee - IT Field Administrator in York, PA

I worked at ADESA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Normally Monday - Friday with very limited night time or weekend work required.

Cons

Chaotic work atmosphere
    Constant office and personnel changes - Employees can have different managers telling them what to do at the same time.
    Personnel terminations to the point of remaining personnel having three to four jobs added to what they already had to do.
    More full-time managers than full-time workers
    Corporate and Local Managers did not care about their workers or the problems changes caused.
    Computer systems updated with faulty updates programmed by people who were new and did not know what the existing computer systems were or how they worked.
    New program implementation, and equipment shipped, without any advance notification or the infrastructure needed to support them.
    Funding for facility renovations but not for needed facility repairs, equipment replacements or upgrades.
    Refusal to upgrade obsolete Wifi equipment that was identified as incompatible with existing equipment.
    A phrase I was tired of hearing; "Make Time." Which meant other tasks would be delayed or not done at all.

Advice to Management

Somewhere you have forgotten your employees are the actual face of the Corporation, not the paint on the wall or the advertisements. You really need to find a way to coordinate all of the system upgrades and changes so they do not come as such HUGE surprises to unprepared employees. Set-Up a Project Manager for future company endeavors.

5. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at ADESA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great time off benefits, nice coworkers

Cons

Management club, no communication between departments, don't treat employees well, no job security

Advice to Management

talk to your employees, discuss changes, give praise when a job is done well!

"Things are not what they seem!"

Former Employee - Administrative in Grimes, IA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Grimes, IA

I worked at ADESA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some people were very nice and helpful.

Cons

Management support each other, not employees. Gossip Central!
    Seniors, who transport for the company are paid terrible wages and made to clean garbage and cigarette butts from the parking lot once a week! Very little training.

Advice to Management

Train employees properly, keep a close eye on department managers and support your employees!

"Overall, good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Carmel, IN

I have been working at ADESA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - friendly, helpful, and fun atmosphere.
    Good community outreach and support for employee volunteerism - 1 paid day per year to serve in the community (each employee chooses their activity and place to serve).
    Company provides regular "fun" activities - pitch-ins, giveaways, contests, cornhole tournament, ugly sweater contest, Halloween costume contest and trick or treating for kids, etc.
    Nice pay and benefits...probably just a smidge above average. Smidge.
    Excellent work/life balance with remote work option as needed, no weekends, few late nights. (Speaking for my position anyway, which is salaried. They don't abuse salaried folks. If you work yourself to death, that's by your choice not by their force.)
    Great location in the northern suburbs.

Cons

No annual bonus! First company I've worked for in my professional career (18 yrs!) that does not have an annual bonus program. My salary is good, as noted above...but it was good at the other companies I've worked for too, and they offered bonus.

Advice to Management

When talent hears - or perceives to hear - certain talk coming down from upper management, they walk. We're not interchangeable "resources". The first hint that we don't actually have a choice or say in the work we do, buh-bye. Those of us who aren't newbies have heard it before, and each time we hear it again we tolerate it less and leave the company faster. It is not hard for talented, high performing people to get a new job in the Indy IT market.

8. "key tech"

Current Employee - Keytech in Rio Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Keytech in Rio Linda, CA

I have been working at ADESA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

its an easy job and friendly associates.

Cons

to many rules and regulations

Advice to Management

compensate employees for what they contribute to helping fellow employees.

"TradeRev USA Is A Joke !!!!"

Former Employee - Market Sales Manager in North East, PA
    Former Employee - Market Sales Manager in North East, PA

I worked at ADESA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Platform technology is relevant and impressive

Cons

The Management Staff are woefully inept! TradeRev promises fantastic support, a thorough and efficient channel of communication, processes and procedures to support optimal customer service AND employee effectiveness................TradeRev delivers on NONE of its promises. Expect to be strung along when you request necessary changes for future best practices....Expect Management to do nothing other than talk with delivering absolutely no action......Expect to burn Dealer relationships due to the Circus behind the scenes.

Advice to Management

LEARN the American Auto Industry first and foremost (the United States is not Canada and the laws and procedures do not seamlessly translate). Police your "Leaders" as they are incompetent and self-serving. Attempt to embrace the value of "Under promising and over delivering"

10. "Inside sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at ADESA full-time

Pros

ADESA has great benefits, working hours and leave

Cons

ADESA does not seem to decide how they are going to do business. Large company with little ideas.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees, speak to your employees no matter how minutiae you may feel their position is and communication is always the key so people do not worry about positon.