AEON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AEON Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Teacher Interview

Interview

First they call you for a 15 min interview - easy

Second round is a full day process - first you do group activities (teaching) and listen to info about the company, then successful candidates get called back to a personal interview

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEON.

Interview

I went through the primary interview process very recently. If you are considering it yourself, my best advice is to be personable and as energetic as you can be. Most people that genuinely try and engage themselves will be asked back for a second interview. Make sure you pay attention as well, because I know they will ask you some questions about the presentation if you get asked back.

Interview Questions

• The difference between emigrate and immigrate. I always thought it was the same!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEON (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online. They respond via email asking me attend an orientation and group interview in one of the selected cities. Mine was at a hotel in Austin.

The group interview is basically a 30-minute teaching demonstration done in front of two interviewers and a small group (split in two from the original orientation group). We were given a lunch break in-between. After demos were over, we were given individual grammar tests. After that, the interviewers gave me a letter that said whether or not they wanted a one-on-one interview with me.

The one-on-one took place the next day. Instead of a larger event-sized room, this was in an actual hotel room. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my experience and then asked me to give an on-the-spot five-minute (if I remember correctly) teaching demonstration using a random page from the textbook. The interviewer gave me some time alone to prepare beforehand--maybe around 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question, but I didn't know about the impromptu teaching demonstration during the one-on-one interview.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AEON (Honolulu, HI) in April 2011.

Interview

Basically a group interview. Some questions and role play. Not very difficult. However make sure you know which group you want to be placed in. I made the mistake of choosing the group that teaches kids. I did not expect most of them to be around toddler age. I was expecting middle to high school.

English Teacher Interview

Interview

This is in light of the initial Skype interview.
    Very friendly interviewer. It's comforting to know they've also been through the same process. General introductions are shared, followed by questions about yourself and your motivations, questions about the company and the position, as well as preferences.

I believe for the most part if you thoroughly go through the information on the website and have good composure throughout, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Key information about the position andas responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEON (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Submit application to HR through email, I was contacted within a week by HR for an interview with the marketing team. Interview was alright. Somewhat a little technical on pricing and willingness to travel. Interview panel were great and kind. Job was offered after a month.However, had to decline as I have accepted other offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience that can relate to current job scope   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AEON (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in January 2015.

Interview

1. CV Screening
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Face - to - face interview with HR
    4. Face - to - face with HR Manager and Head of Store

2/3 interviews are conducted in Vietnamese in a very friendly ways. You are also give the feedbacks for better interview in the future.

Customer Care Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AEON (Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan (Malaysia)) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled up a form and was called back only 2-3 months later. The following year during a break I applied again- interview session was brief. They couldn't care less just wanted to fill the urgent vacancies.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a CCO before?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AEON (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2012.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews, after submitting the application form. The first round is conducted by HR in AEON's HQ in Japan through Skype, The second round is conducted by a local proxy HQ company. The last one is by a manager who flies from Japan over to Singapore. Each interview lasts for about an hour and all require answers in Japanese.

Interview Questions

• Since you are interested in sales and service industry, what makes you choose AEON Mall over other shopping center developers?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEON (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2008.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a group interview. Upon passing the group interview, I was invited to a 1 on 1 interview with the American hiring manager. During this interview I was asked to teach a demonstration lesson and talk about my teaching techniques. I was also asked why I wanted to live in Japan and my future goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part for me was when I had to give a 5 minute sample lesson in the first group interview. They are checking out your personality more than anything, so the more outgoing you are, the better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation as this is a standard job that pays a standard wage. The people were professional and courteous.