AEP Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgman, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Bridgman, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Must take a POSS Test. And then, if passed, interview. Must pas a written test. Must past a background check as well. Then interview with a panel. Test is not easy. Now for goodness sake, stop forcing me to write a review when I just want to check on a salary! Seriously.

Interview Questions

• Questions are focused on how you would report issues, concerns, deal with conflict etc. Being honest, acting with integrity and understanding the hierarchy of authority, working to the processes is paramount.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role of "Marketing" Intern. I use the term "marketing" very loosely because at the end of the day, it's just a door-to-door salesman advertising the products and energy options AEP uses.

I had two fairly simple phone interviews. I was then asked to come in to their Columbus, Ohio office for a interview. As I am a college student and would not have been able to attend an interview in house, I asked if it was possible to do this over Skype. They very rudely said it had to be in person. I opted to end my quest for an internship at AEP Energy.

Interview Questions

• If you had $1m today, what would you do?   2 Answers

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview in Person, 2 associated ask me questions one was a contractor, showed me around the building. I watched over their shoulders at how they worked the 2 days later one of the associates called me and ask me back to start working the following week

Interview Questions

• Soft questions what would you do if someone got angry at you, how would you handle it   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP Energy in January 2018.

Interview

Interview with team member and manager, with both asking questions. It's more of a pep talk to get you excited to go door-to-door. They discuss the team atmosphere and expectations in between questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection? How much experience do you have dealing with people?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEP Energy.

Interview

Applied online got the call in a week. The HR was really a nice person. Had interview in Columbus,OH. The interview was in 3 rounds. First two rounds were character based. Third was technical. Resume based question as it was my first interview I was not well prepared and messed up. But the experience was really good.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AEP Energy.

Interview

Interview was pretty short. 2 interview sessions with people who seemed like the probably didn't really know what they were talking about. Interviewers seemed nice enough. Got the call right after leaving that they wanted to extend me an offer. As a whole it was a reasonably ok interview experience. I probably would have preferred to be interviewed by people who understood the job better.

Outside Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Very Professional and informative interview. Very High Class organization. The interview process involved a face to face with hiring manager and staff. Very comfortable and pleasant experience. Exciting experience overall. I would recommend this company because of its presents and energy industry standing

Interview Questions

• None. Based on previous experiences and accomplishments within the industry, it was very imformative   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like all interviews it was professional and based on experience

Renewal Coordinator/Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for two separate positions with this company, traveled to Chicago both times on my own dollar. The interview questions for both positions were almost entirely focused on the meeting of deadlines while they emphasized the almost continuous backlog they had. After sending multiple follow up emails to the hiring manager, director of operations and a phone call and e-mail to HR, I didn't receive any response. Over all the experience felt unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult or unexpected, most questions focused on the ability to meet deadlines.   Answer Question

Lighting Sales-Energy Efficiency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AEP Energy (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a very long process considering the position to be filled. Multiple interviews with many different managers including 3 lunch interviews. Way overkill for a commission job. Being selective is good but, over-thinking and over-analysis is a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• How do I get my sales leads.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I interviewed at AEP Energy (Chennai (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

It consisted of technical and general aptitude with verbal questions too.It was followed by Group Discussions and later a HR interview.The shortlisted students were called to chennai for a technical interview which was very rigorous.