AFL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.3

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Telephone, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Feb 9-Telephone Screening, went well. Mar 1-Telephone w/ Exec. Director. Director began conversation complaining about having to do telephone interview, she was audibly irritated with this process due to me being in another Province. From my experience this is typical in the business world with professionals relocating. I attempted to apologize and continue making the interview positive.
    I answered all her questions very well in my opinion and felt the role was perfectly in line with my previous experience, the Director loosened up a bit but was still stand-off’ish. I continued with the positive attitude.
    I was told additional interviews were in progress and should here back with-in 2 weeks. I sent the standard thank you email to the Talent Acquisition specialists. Didn’t hear anything back-totally normal. 1.5 weeks later, I sent a follow up email asking for status and expressing my excitement for the position (honestly, would’ve loved it!), I received an OOTO so I followed up with proxy staff who stated no decision has been made yet. I waited till Talen Acq returned and left another pleasant “checking in” email-no reply. I waited a few more days and finally called her, received another (outdated) OOTO message with another proxy to contact. I sent him a warm message requesting an update.
    I have received NO replies. No updates not even the “thanks but we are going with another candidate” cold email. Unprofessional and inconsiderate behavior in my opinion. I’m going to assume….I didn’t get the role =)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

There are 2 interviews first one is get to know you then the second is a company overview. Once they hire you, you then have to pass your license exam before you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on commission only   1 Answer

Forklift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AFL (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Took a test on forklift driving and asked if I had any accidents. What I liked about driving lifts. Its wasn't really a interview talked about the job the pay an thats all I got hired the same day

Interview Questions

• Can I drive a forklift go offered a position on first shift great hours and great pay   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had one interview over the phone with a worker in Human Resources. Then, I had an interview with the person who is head of imports in the International Trade Department. It took a few months from the time I applied online until I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• My experience in international trade   1 Answer

International Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

The first is through a phone interview and the second on site. You shouldn't be nervous on the phone, they really just wanted to get to know the person who applied for the position and talk a bit more about their resume and experiences. The interviewer was very friendly and simply wanted me to talk about myself and how I might be a fit for their company. There weren't that many questions, but you should absolutely ask some in return.

Interview Questions

• How many international courses did you take with your degree?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AFL (Clemson, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very organized and set up well by the career center. Quick process, with two interviews max. Also went on a plant tour which helped explain and show exactly what they do.

Interview Questions

• General behavior and learning style questions. Very friendly and easy to talk to, made me feel comfortable even though I did not know anything about fiber optics.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Went fairly easily. Three month process to begin employment. Interviewed, twice with different managers each time. Straightforward questions, not too many of the "what if" type.
    Easy atmosphere at a casual pace.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

3 panel interview. very relaxed. asked many questions about how I handled workload and personality types. discussed skills used in business. management and their personalities. expectations in role and what i was looking for in new position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

-HR called me two weeks after I had applied to the position online.
    -The professionalism of the company was questionable. They left me a voicemail without giving me the direct number to call them back. Therefore, I had to call their Surrey office''s general number to track the person down. In addition, I purposely checked my email to see if there was any communication through email from HR consider this is like 21st century. Nope, that was too much of expectations.
    -It took me several attempts to successfully track the person down because the receptionist was unable to transfer me to HR.
    -Finally got through HR, and we talked briefly on the phone. We scheduled a time for a phone-screen/phone interview. However, HR still didn't give me their phone number given I had tried to contact them through their general phone number and also didn't entertain to give me any ideas as to what the phone-screen was about, and just told me it would be a short questionnaire.
    -When the day for phone-screen finally came, HR messed up the agreed upon time and therefore I had to call the general phone number to get to HR to confirm the time (several attempts again). Of course, I "conceded " that it was my fault for messing up the scheduled time and waited for them to call me at the time that they thought we had scheduled for.
    -The phone screen happened during month-end at my current company (Not sure if they knew anything about month-end deadlines, but after all, I was applying to a FA position). As a result of this miscommunication, I had to block another time-slot and booked the meeting room again for the phone interview, in the meantime couldn't really focus on my month-end tasks while waiting for the call.
    -When they finally called, they still didn't let me know the time it was going to take to finish the "short" questionnaire and just jumped straight to the questionnaire.
    -As it turned out the short questionnaire took almost an hour and half to finish and it never occurred to them that it was common courtesy to let me know about the time commitment in advance, while I had asked them what the phone screen was going to be about and all I got was a "short questionnaire" from them. Furthermore, during the phone interview, the background noise on their end was very distracting and they didn't seem to care at all.
    -Upon finishing the phone screen, they told me that the director and manager would review my answers to the "short" questionnaire and I would be contacted if they wanted to conduct an in-person interview.
    -Never got an update after the phone screen and saw them re-post the position again in January.

Interview Questions

• -Walk through the resume
      -Why AFL
      -my career goal
      -my skill-set
      -two examples of problem-solving skills
      -how I can contribute to the company
      -and a lot of questions...
      -when I said I had questions for her, she sounded surprised and told me she would try to answer my questions.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then i had a phone interview with HR recruiter and i went for an interview, Interview was for almost 30 minutes and then after two weeks they contacted me I received and employment offer.

Interview Questions

• Regular customer service question and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question