AFL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AFL

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I had one interview over the phone with a worker in Human Resources. Then, I had an interview with the person who is head of imports in the International Trade Department. It took a few months from the time I applied online until I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• My experience in international trade   1 Answer

Forklift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AFL (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Took a test on forklift driving and asked if I had any accidents. What I liked about driving lifts. Its wasn't really a interview talked about the job the pay an thats all I got hired the same day

Interview Questions

• Can I drive a forklift go offered a position on first shift great hours and great pay   Answer Question

International Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

The first is through a phone interview and the second on site. You shouldn't be nervous on the phone, they really just wanted to get to know the person who applied for the position and talk a bit more about their resume and experiences. The interviewer was very friendly and simply wanted me to talk about myself and how I might be a fit for their company. There weren't that many questions, but you should absolutely ask some in return.

Interview Questions

• How many international courses did you take with your degree?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Went fairly easily. Three month process to begin employment. Interviewed, twice with different managers each time. Straightforward questions, not too many of the "what if" type.
    Easy atmosphere at a casual pace.

District Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AFL (Plant City, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview- no questions - more of a sales pitch. Group was very mixed. Allegedly there was supposed to be 15 people there but only 6 showed. We were asked to indicate if we would like to be considered for a second interview by writing on the questionnaire and flipping it over.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Kent, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and onsite interview

I think this company has no organization and don't respect the interviewer. I don't think this is a good company. I will tell the reason.

Firstly, When I got the phone interview at that day. They ask for postpone for half an hour. I wait for them. However, after half an hour, they still didn't call me. So I call back. And they just told me give them about 10 min more. Finally, I waited for more than an hour for the phone interview.

Secondly, they said they only had phone interview for the internship position. But, They ask for the onsite interview afterwards. I think it is not a good sign for a company. Because they are not trusty. I took the bus and Uber for more than 2 hours to go to there. They don't even ask about the compensate for commuting.

Thirdly, the director of the company said to me they will notify me the result for next week. However, I have waited for more than 2 weeks and I sent the e-mail to the company about the internship situation. They just told me that they decided not to hire internship! Then, you know that why I said this company has no organization and trust. They don't respect the students and internship position. You can know that they can't do well on such a little thing, what else can they do ?

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AFL (Clemson, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

Very organized and set up well by the career center. Quick process, with two interviews max. Also went on a plant tour which helped explain and show exactly what they do.

Interview Questions

• General behavior and learning style questions. Very friendly and easy to talk to, made me feel comfortable even though I did not know anything about fiber optics.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AFL (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Simple interview. Met recruiters at college career fair. Interviewed with female recruiter and male engineer - extremely relaxing interview, employees made me feel very comfortable, like we were just having a conversation. They were engaged the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral and resume questions. Asked about my long-term interests and the type of work environment I enjoy   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

There are 2 interviews first one is get to know you then the second is a company overview. Once they hire you, you then have to pass your license exam before you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on commission only   1 Answer

Director of Enterprise Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AFL (Duncan, SC) in June 2018.

Interview

Worked, initially, with an external company who gave me information on the role, and people involved. Unlike many recruiters, this group knew the company very well and exactly what they were looking for (which is why I hit their radar).

Initial phone interview with HR was more to ensure I met the requirements. Next call was a conversation with the CIO. I call it a conversation since we clicked right away and spoke of the challenges and opportunities. CIO was very informative, and both she and I knew how the other thought and approached challenges.

The physical interview was an over 4-hour process, starting with HR, and speaking to both business leaders and IT management. Given the role of Enterprise Architecture, I appreciated the cross-section of people so I could judge not only the company and culture but the desire to transform (which is why I wanted the role).

Ended with lunch with the CIO where she shared her strategy and plans. We talked freely about the size of the challenge and role.

Interview Questions

• My favorite question: Now that you heard everything, does the Opportunity scare you?   1 Answer
    • Many Situational Questions (How have you dealt with gathering requirements for a global solution when the function is currently regional).   1 Answer