AHEAD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Current Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AHEAD (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was originally reached out to by an AHEAD internal Recruiter via email who explained the AHEAD team is growing aggressively. I agreed to meet for a causal cup of coffee to get introduced to the company, talk through growth plans and discuss my career goals. Shortly after, I was invited into their Chicago Headquarters to see the very cool, tech-savvy office and meet the team I would be working with. I had a series of one-on-one conversations so I never was thrown into an intimidating environment that an on-site interview can warrant. The following week, I was invited back for a second and final on-site interview to meet the Executive team in a similar format. I ended up meeting a large handful of employees at various tenures/seniority levels. Everyone I spoke with asked different probing questions but was attentive, engaging, familiar with my background and excited about what was happening at AHEAD. Because I was able to sit down with everyone for 30 minute time slots I was able to get personal with the people I would be working with. The first time I walked into the office, the AHEAD culture was obvious: collaborative, innovative, hard-working and welcoming. Throughout the whole process, everyone was cautious of my time and the whole process took less than two weeks. In the end, I received an offer at the salary that was discussed in my very meeting. From the very beginning, it was obvious AHEAD was a great place to work, making it very easy to accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

From my interview experience, this company is definitely inconsiderate of applicants’ time. They require you to jump through many time-consuming hoops for an in-person interview, and the in-person interview itself is roughly 3 hours long. They need to keep in mind that most of their applicants have current full-time positions, and taking a half-day off for an in-person interview or working through time-consuming interview tests before or after work hours is a big sacrifice. I didn’t mind making these sacrifices when I thought they were seriously considering me for the position; however, it turned out that they were having anyone who remotely qualified jump through these hoops. They should only have one or two of the top choices complete these steps, and not waste everyone’s time.

The interview itself was somewhat of a time waster as well. In my opinion, it seemed like an easy interview. They didn’t ask any hard questions and they seemed like nice people. But that’s also the problem. It seemed like we were sitting around talking about nothing, meanwhile I was prepared to speak on my job skills. They assured me that I was “very qualified” so that's why we didn’t really need to talk about my resume. At the time, I thought it was odd, but I didn’t mind because I assumed it meant that they didn’t question my job skills. I was surprised that about 24 hours later I received a robotic email from the HR department saying they went with someone else. I wish the interviewers had asked me more questions about my job skills and less about my personal life. It’s obvious they care more about the latter than the former. Also, it would be nice if they could be more personal about their rejections, especially after applicants spend so much time on the interview process. I thought it was very rude.

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AHEAD in August 2016.

Interview

My interview was over the phone, which I didn't mind at all; in fact, I think it's a necessary step for any large company that's hiring. However, my interviewer was pretty obviously on speaker phone and I could BARELY understand a word she said. Also, a second voice came into the conversation without introducing himself, and this was after I was told I'd only be speaking with one person. Based on these two facts alone, I wouldn't accept a second interview at AHEAD. I think the way this interview was conducted was completely unprofessional and should be seen as a red flag as to how the company is run.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in your current position?   Answer Question

Ph Interview

Interview

the interview process was time consuming, and the people there didn't know what they were talking about. i wish they were more competent and if they asked better questions, i'd probably have the job

Data Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AHEAD (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After some initial discussion to see if it was a good fit, we agreed to an onsite interview. I interviewed 3-4 people I would be working with at Ahead. Each asked questions related to what their interaction with me would be. Each portion of the interview lasted anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes. I was given a very accurate description of what it would be like at Ahead. I feel like everyone was very honest with me about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous experience.   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AHEAD (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by AHEAD's internal recruiter. Then we had a 30 minute conversation once we were able to coordinate our schedules.

I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the company's EVP, then met briefly with whom was to be my recruitment counterpart.

One more face-to-face was scheduled with the Director of Services who had a last minute schedule change, otherwise I would have met him in the same day.

Employee Interview

Interview

Extremely smooth and friendly. You can feel the energy from the C-level members as well as the employees working for the company.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AHEAD (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

At the time I interviewed the process was streamlined. The recruiter called me, then I was brought in to me the Director of Recruiting, given an agenda and given a tour of the facility. I met one other key individual on my first visit and was brought in for a second round of interviews where I met 4 additional team members. Now there is nothing left of the recruiting department.

Interview Questions

• It was very conversational and relaxed when I went through the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at AHEAD in August 2010.

Interview

Ahead does a thorough job of interviewing. They cannot afford to make bad hiring decisions and need to ensure that people are aware of what is expected of them when doing professional services delivery work and working face-to-face with customers.