AIT Worldwide Logistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AIT Worldwide Logistics

2.9

Air Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics (Itasca, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview with an HR employee. Lasted about 30 minutes, basic questions. Once received call back, set up an in-person review with the same HR person who conducted the phone interview plus the director of the department. This lasted about an hour and asked a lot of the same questions as the phone interview just allowing the director to chime in where they want.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you took responsibility for your actions / a decision that resulted in a negative outcome.   Answer Question

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Within a few weeks of submitting an on-line application, I received an e-mail from the regional director of operations to set up a telephone interview with him, which was pegged for about a week out. The telephone interview was pleasant enough, lasting about an hour; but, questions seemed a bit scattershot, aimless. Even with pointed questions about what the company was seeking, the call ended with little feeling as to its direction; he advised in-person interviews would be arranged for when he was to be in town about three weeks later.

Indeed, about three weeks later, I received an e-mail request for a subsequent in-person interview at the local office, which was also pegged for about a week out. The in-person interview seemed to be little more than a rehash of the telephone interview - again, a somewhat scattershot hour, for which perhaps half was just my recounting, again, of my work experience.

About a week later, I received first communication from human resources in the form of an e-mail advising they would not be moving forward with my application at that time.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?   Answer Question
    • Do you think it is more important to focus on the details or the big picture?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics (South Bend, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

It was very unstructured, but not bad. They described the role of the job and competencies needed, as well as hours and expectations. They asked the basic getting to know you questions, and about 1, 5, and 10 year ambitions. We then spent a bit of time just bantering about general topics.

Brokerage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was able to get the interview only because I met an employee in that department in the lunch room at the company, mentioned that I had a previous temp job in that field at my previous employer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics.

Interview

Submit resume, meet with hiring manager and his boss. Interviewing professional was well versed on the job being applied for and was able to provide specific and detailed information on the position. Interview was thorough, complete and challenging. Company culture was discussed - interviewer was very proud of culture and indicated it is important that any candidate hired be able to work within that environment.

Interview Questions

• My plan if I receive this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Counter offered, company accepted my counter.

AIT Worldwide Logistics Response

Apr 9, 2015 – Director, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for posting about your positive interview experience with the company. As you mentioned, the culture is extremely important to AIT’s brand as it defines the pillars of the organization... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics.

Interview

Three step process. First interview was with the ops manager. Second met with one of the 4 owners. Finally met with the rest of the owners. About 2 weeks later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about certain behavioral type events and how I would react in a certain situation. Went over my background, why I had an interest in working for them.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Got the runaround from an HR employee. HR was super confused, they did not have any information for me regarding position and the interview dates. Got called randomly and had a sudden and lengthy first screening interview. Said I would hear back but never did so contacted them two weeks later. Said they had a scheduling conflict and had forgot to contact me back when they had said. Had another phone interview which was okay and an in person interview which quite literally included questions that were designed to make you fail completely. Refused to talk about compensation with me at the end of process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed. What were your struggles. Avoid saying you do not fail.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

2 Interviews, they will promise the world and not deliver (ironically since AIT slogan was "We Deliver")

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics.

Interview

They were very thorough. I met several other executives that interviewed me. They interviewed me like a panel discussion. I enjoyed the experience very much. They all seemed well prepared and knew all about my background.

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIT Worldwide Logistics.

Interview

I had to do three interviews for an entry-level job with poor pay; it was ridiculous. They asked me in my first interview what my salary requirements were, and continued to interview me 2 more times, just to give me an offer $6,000 below my minimum...why waste my time? In addition, I was asked the EXACT SAME questions in each of the three interviews.