AKQA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AKQA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.7

Creative Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

The interview process was long, and involved a lot of people, but it was well prepared, and I was asked some solid questions which prompted further research in my spare time. The staff was very polite and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• To show some of the code that I've worked on in the past   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer sounded very friendly and outgoing. The call accidentally hung up once but we continue speaking right away. Although I didn't get the offer, but the whole process was smooth. It was a very pleasant and casual interview.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AKQA (Cupertino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First: Recruiter Screening. Second: Initial Interview. Third: Coding Assessment (Had 1 week to complete the assessment). Fourth: Second Interview. Last: In-person "meet the team" to see how you think, communicate, and if you work well together. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• First soft questions like tell me about yourself, then experience and project based on resume.   Answer Question

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed at the SF Office for Associate Campaign Manager. The process was incredibly thorough. They put a great deal of effort into vetting potential employees. Special shout out to Tamika Ephraim, the Media Recruiter. She was incredibly attentive, accommodating and helpful during the entire process. Everything was explained clearly and transparently about the process, the role and the timeline. She was instrumental in guiding me towards the role and I couldn't be happier to have worked with her.

Great interview process overall, not easy or hard but they definitely take their time to make sure it's a great fit on both sides.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Digital Marketing?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AKQA (New York, NY).

Interview

Took 6 rounds of interviewing. Never clearly communicated the role and what they were looking for in the position. No clear vision of overall department. Many of the interviewers were ill prepared. Reached out to my references and wasted their time by going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the state of advertising and the shift to ad-blocking?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I worked with a great internal AKQA recruiter. The process went faster than expected, I met with all major stakeholders, and they kept me informed on expectations and next steps throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Along with your standard 'tell me about yourself' and your work experience-related questions, I was given an analysis to complete with a very vague brief.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line directly and heard back from the recruiter within a week. Met with the Group Manager for a in-person prescreen. Proceeded to book a full day (7 hours, 7 people) of on-site interviews with account and creative leads, and team members across the SF teams.

Lots of interesting open-ended and behavioral interview questions about keeping a team organized and efficient, and how to partner / push back with clients to manage expectations on projects. It seemed that based on the line of questions, there were some internal issues with the team dynamics or challenges with client delivery in the past they wanted to address.

I felt given my background in both digital agencies and extensive work with challenging clients, I provided reasonable answers to address potential concerns.

Result: COMPLETELY GHOSTED! Never heard a word back from AKQA. Not even a "thanks for stopping by, but it's not a fit" e-mail. Completely unacceptable. What a waste of time all around and burning a vacation day.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to work through a project delivery challenge with a client and set their expectations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had scheduled a phone screen with a contract recruiter. She never called; I followed up and we rescheduled it the next day, again she didn't call. A 3rd time in a row, she again never called. It was until the 4th time that we finally made contact and it was a 2 minute phone call with her stating that it was a senior position without asking my background, who I was, or a basic cultural evaluation.

I asked kindly to be given a coding challenge and she sent it 2 days later. I completed it and had another phone call to be told it was a senior position.

Interview Questions

• She did not interview me.

The coding challenge was to write a function that reads lines of strings and gives commands to a robot. It was also to write tests for it. Very simple for anybody with a semester of CS classes from a community college.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume in August. Had a brief phone interview with HR. About 10 days later, I had an in person interview with the team. The office is really modern. In person interview was held in more of a living room than a conference room.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and what would you bring to the team.   Answer Question

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out by the recruiter. Had my first call with the recruiter, she is super nice and understanding. Then had my call with the hiring manager and then went onsite to meet the whole team.

Even though, I didn't get an offer here, I would love to express how great of an experience I had. The recruiter was very attentive and professional. She let me know what was going on every step of the way and was responsive. The team was a pleasure to meet with, I had really great conversations with each and everyone of them. I can see that their team is strong and their culture is very fun and hard working. They asked really great questions, not just interview questions, but they really wanted to get to know you and wanted to learn more about your hobbies and what you enjoying doing in your free time.

Thanks for the great experience!