AKQA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed at the SF Office for Associate Campaign Manager. The process was incredibly thorough. They put a great deal of effort into vetting potential employees. Special shout out to Tamika Ephraim, the Media Recruiter. She was incredibly attentive, accommodating and helpful during the entire process. Everything was explained clearly and transparently about the process, the role and the timeline. She was instrumental in guiding me towards the role and I couldn't be happier to have worked with her.

Great interview process overall, not easy or hard but they definitely take their time to make sure it's a great fit on both sides.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Digital Marketing?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AKQA (New York, NY).

Interview

Took 6 rounds of interviewing. Never clearly communicated the role and what they were looking for in the position. No clear vision of overall department. Many of the interviewers were ill prepared. Reached out to my references and wasted their time by going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the state of advertising and the shift to ad-blocking?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had scheduled a phone screen with a contract recruiter. She never called; I followed up and we rescheduled it the next day, again she didn't call. A 3rd time in a row, she again never called. It was until the 4th time that we finally made contact and it was a 2 minute phone call with her stating that it was a senior position without asking my background, who I was, or a basic cultural evaluation.

I asked kindly to be given a coding challenge and she sent it 2 days later. I completed it and had another phone call to be told it was a senior position.

Interview Questions

• She did not interview me.

The coding challenge was to write a function that reads lines of strings and gives commands to a robot. It was also to write tests for it. Very simple for anybody with a semester of CS classes from a community college.
      Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume in August. Had a brief phone interview with HR. About 10 days later, I had an in person interview with the team. The office is really modern. In person interview was held in more of a living room than a conference room.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and what would you bring to the team.   Answer Question

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out by the recruiter. Had my first call with the recruiter, she is super nice and understanding. Then had my call with the hiring manager and then went onsite to meet the whole team.

Even though, I didn't get an offer here, I would love to express how great of an experience I had. The recruiter was very attentive and professional. She let me know what was going on every step of the way and was responsive. The team was a pleasure to meet with, I had really great conversations with each and everyone of them. I can see that their team is strong and their culture is very fun and hard working. They asked really great questions, not just interview questions, but they really wanted to get to know you and wanted to learn more about your hobbies and what you enjoying doing in your free time.

Thanks for the great experience!

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

They were very welcoming and flexible during all points of the interview process, even agreeing to meet with me after 5:00pm due to my current job constraints. I met with several key figures in the office that I would have been working with, which gave me a very clear picture of how the company works and what the job would have enjoyed. I enjoyed meeting every one of them and would love the opportunity to work together in the future if it were to work out.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a coding challenge that gave you the input of two rovers on the surface of a planet, and some directional instructions. The output was supposed to return where the rovers ended up.

Interview Questions

• Example input / output

Input

5 5 3 3 <--- a "plateau" on the planet, otherwise known as the N E S W boundaries of the graph

1 2 N <--- rover 1's location

2 -3 S <-- final location of rover 2
      2 Answers

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AKQA (Savannah, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

We had already met in class, the day before and I was supposed to meet them in class, but they ran out of time. So I arranged for a meeting the next day, and I had two people interviewing me. I was nervous so I stumbled a bit, but they were quite helpful in the interview, and guided it well. We jelled well together, however I did not get to meet the creative person I was hoping to meet, so I wasn't able to get the critique I wanted to get. But this interview definitely helped in preparing me for my subsequent interviews.

Interview Questions

• What project are you most satisfied with? And what project have you done, that you would like to do more of?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKQA in March 2016.

Interview

Was given a technical assessment which was a photoshop file to implement. Spoke with a recruiter afterwards. I applied as a developer with medium experience but I was only told after completing the technical assessment that they were only looking for senior level developers. Would've been nice to know that before wasting so much of my time.

Associate Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AKQA (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email by the talent recruiter who expressed their interest in meeting with me after seeing my portfolio. They set up a date for me to come in for an interview to discuss further. On the day of the interview I met with the talent recruiter who then set me up to speak with the Director of the Motion Dept for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 2 projects in your portfolio that you are most proud of and why?   1 Answer