ALTEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALTEN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.2

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

It was a call from the hiring manager. He described the position, the company and the scope of the company. A call was scheduled for the next day with the engineering manager to get an overall sense of my focus and where I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Since it was the first call, they asked about my experience with plastics as mentioned in my resume   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALTEN (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

They are a global consulting company seeking to branch out into technology companies in the Seattle area. As such, they're concurrently trying to sign up the actual consulting contracts while building a pipeline of people who could staff them. In other words, there is no real position open yet.

Framed that way, the interview was primarily a get-to-know-each-other in their small executive suite in Bellevue. It was an enjoyable conversation with no real surprising questions. Given the uncertainty about their contract, there was no clear call-to-action at this time.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN (Brussels, WI).

Interview

Phone contact after CV found in Monster.be
    Face to face interview with business manager
    Face to face interview with a customer
    nothing technical with alten managers
    the real technical interview is with the customer
    but you should be able to convince the bm of your strong personality

Interview Questions

• What are the different design patterns? and how you do to implement them in Java   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company car
    A piece of advice is to negotiate the extraleagal advantages rather than gross salary
    They are more flexible when it comes to add some advantages more than increase your gross salary because it is exposed to a lot of taxes

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Phone call, then onsite interview.

No Interview, Only Preparation for the Client Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nice (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at ALTEN (Nice (France)).

Interview

They asked by phone if I had knowledge on a series of items their client was interested on (and which they didn´t have knowledge of). When I said I did, they appointed me for an interview "with them and with the client". Travel expenses were to be covered by me and the EU.

When I landed in Nice, I was given no directions as on how to get to the office (30km far). No response by phone, no help. Directly expected me to *know* where the offices were.

The interview with Alten was actually a preparation for the interview with the client. No question was asked, only a description of what the client wanted to hear, and how the client is organized - quite a pantomime.

After doing the only real interview with the client, Alten expected me to sign my contract that same day or the day after, not letting me have a second to decide what my options or opinions were.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how client´s organization? here, let me explain you.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Really a negative experience, I went 3 times to meet them and after 2 months they don't even send me a feedback. They just steal time to have information about other companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website.
    I received a phone call asking me to come for a 1:1 interview within a week.
    Had to fill out a form indicating what my major programming skills were and send that in an email.
    Had the interview.
    Was told I would be informed of the result 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview was split into 4 parts:
    - Interviewer talked about himself
    - I talked about myself
    - Interview explained how the company worked
    - Interview asked me if I had any questions

The process was very casual and relaxed, I really enjoyed talking to the interviewer.

The whole process was in English.

Note: It says that I got an offer and accepted it, but I am actually still waiting to hear back from them. Glassdoor wouldn't let me submit the interview without choosing an option though...

Consultant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoli (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALTEN (Napoli (Italy)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called from the HR who asked about my motivations and the interest in the position and location. The interview was general, not really specific for the position. I am a fresh graduate engineer.

CAD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALTEN in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter initially. She asked a series of questions but provided very little information about the role, its whereabouts or what was on offer. She then set up a telephone interview and said that I would get my answers as part of the interview process. There were confusions on their side on the day of the interview and I ended up calling to see if it was happening or not. I was again given very little information about the actual role during the process of interview. However, looking at comments here I can see why that is now. I did not receive any feedback which made the whole process feel like an absolute waste of time as I never contacted them in the first place!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

there were 2 interview.one telephone interview and the other in site interview.the first one was with a experienced project manager and the second one was with him and a junior project manager.they were so nice and friendly.but at that time they did not have a suitable project for me.