ALTEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.2

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALTEN (Troy, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for an in-person interview at their office in Troy, Michigan. Two people interviewed me for multiple positions based in and out of Michigan. Everything went smoothly and they told me about the next stage which was to be held the following week with the client.

The whole next week passed and I was never contacted from any of the staff from Alten. Even my mails weren't responded to. Finally after I called them, they gave me a standard reply that someone else was selected.

I don't have a problem with someone else get but the unprofessional of these people. They have all under qualified Frenchmen working there who call themselves Engineers, I don't know but by what qualification.

Glad I didn't join them and I would never recommend anyone to apply for a job at this bogus unprofessional so-called consulting company.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions from Resume.   1 Answer

Control Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALTEN in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in their Troy office. The interview is fairly easy. Just some basic questions about my visa status and some technical questions. There are two persons interviewed me. Overall, easy interview.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

It was a call from the hiring manager. He described the position, the company and the scope of the company. A call was scheduled for the next day with the engineering manager to get an overall sense of my focus and where I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• Since it was the first call, they asked about my experience with plastics as mentioned in my resume   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALTEN (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

They are a global consulting company seeking to branch out into technology companies in the Seattle area. As such, they're concurrently trying to sign up the actual consulting contracts while building a pipeline of people who could staff them. In other words, there is no real position open yet.

Framed that way, the interview was primarily a get-to-know-each-other in their small executive suite in Bellevue. It was an enjoyable conversation with no real surprising questions. Given the uncertainty about their contract, there was no clear call-to-action at this time.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN (Brussels, WI).

Interview

Phone contact after CV found in Monster.be
    Face to face interview with business manager
    Face to face interview with a customer
    nothing technical with alten managers
    the real technical interview is with the customer
    but you should be able to convince the bm of your strong personality

Interview Questions

• What are the different design patterns? and how you do to implement them in Java   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company car
    A piece of advice is to negotiate the extraleagal advantages rather than gross salary
    They are more flexible when it comes to add some advantages more than increase your gross salary because it is exposed to a lot of taxes

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Phone call, then onsite interview.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an HR interview consisting of the classical questions about accademic experiences. The last step was the technical interview, no too specific. Friendly, easy and straight forward.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALTEN (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Approached by HR for initial screening followed by a face to face interview, detailing background and knowledge etc. They would then pass your profile through the business managers to try and find you a position.

Interview Questions

• Background on qualifications etc   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Short and informal phone interview with a manager at ALTEN. I was asked to describe a recent project I had done, some of the challenges involved and the languages/tools used. I was told about the manager's own team and project. Finally, I was asked about my salary expectations. Interviewer was friendly and made me feel at ease.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ALTEN.

Interview

Was directly contacted by the Manager about position and possible assignment. The interview was scheduled on the next day on Skype to learn about the personality, skills and reference contacts. Net was a personal meeting with the Manager.