AMLI Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AMLI Residential

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

There were a series of interviews that spanned over a period of time. Everyone was very friendly and kind. They were honest along the way and set accurate expectations.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

It was interesting. Took place at a hotel. Only interview I've ever been in where the interviewer made it seem as though "you'd be lucky to get a shot at joining our company." The weird part is they were recruiting me.

Interview Questions

• Can't say. The interviewer just talked about the company and maybe asked five questions, and the questions were ones that they would've known if they read my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. I wanted what the previous manager was making and just happened to privy to the budget info for the property. Helps to have friends working for a company you are being recruited to work for.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

Very standard: submitted resume on website, phone interview and first one on one interview. One upper management interview and a character assessment on the internet

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic Interview, unusually lengthy and vague. I believe the hiring manager was not sure about what he was looking for. Great location downtown and easy commute to the train. It was one person, I expected a penal interview for management position.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied online, got an email requesting a phone interview a couple days later. I had the phone interview with one of the community managers. We chatted for several minutes and she seemed both impressed with my background and eager to have me in for an in-person interview. At the conclusion of the phone interview, she said she wanted me to come in for a more formal interview and to meet more of the team at their offices. We agreed on a date (two days later) that worked for both of us, so she asked me to send her my available times and we would set something up. Within an hour, I emailed her my available times and I never heard back from her.

Again, she seemed extremely impressed and was anxious to get me in for an in-person interview, yet never even had the courtesy to follow-up with me. The date we had established came, and since I hadn't heard from her, I emailed again in case for some reason she missed the first email, I offered up another day that we could set up a time to meet. Again, I never heard from her.

Today, I got an email (directly from her) saying that she wanted to follow-up and let me know they were moving forward with another candidate. This could have been handled so much better, a simple email saying they were looking at another candidate that may fit their needs would have sufficed. Literally, any type of communication would have been better than blatantly ignoring two emails that were sent at their request.

Completely rude and unprofessional, and that honestly turned me off from ever wanting to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amli?   1 Answer

AMLI Residential Response

Sep 1, 2016 – HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry you felt misled by the manager’s communications. We have reached out to the hiring manager to ensure that we are clear and... More

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Ultimately, it was a positive experience. Everyone was very polite and straightforward about what they're looking for. You'll have a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews, a skills assessment and then a personality assessment. The skills assessment is pretty straightforward if you're any kind of an accountant though I would recommend brushing up on the more obscure aspects of accounting from your 101 classes so that you're ready to go. The personality test isn't really something you can "prepare" for so just don't let it get in your head and answer honestly. My only recommendation here is to practice some of those "the next number in this series 1, 5, 16... is?" questions. There's a "trick" to tackling them you just need to be ready for it.

Given the length of the personality assessment, I suspect this is a key metric in making a hiring decision and if so my only gentle recommendation would be to perform this test up front rather than at the end of the process. It's important to remember -though understandably easy to forget- that the interviewee has also put in considerable time to prepare and money to get out and meet the team. In the end, you can save yourself and the candidate time and money by getting this done on the front end.

That aside, I was pleased with the process and felt it was fair/friendly.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone/email to set up a phone interview on a day set aside for phone interviews. The interview was laid back, but definitely questions straight from a piece of paper. I was then schedule for an in person interview and then immediately with a third interview (with the regional staff). The in person interviews were very laid back/energetic/inviting/informational! Quick process, only 11 days between initial contact and job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle someone that is very angry about a situation and is taking it out on you?   2 Answers

Leasing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

Applied online via amli.com, received a phone call in less than a week. Initial interview was with a property manager whom I'd be working with. Second interview was with another property manager nearby, and the final interview was with a Regional manager in the corporate office.

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview with AMLI Residential. I spoke with their recruiter Tonya based out of Texas. She was very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a client in a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application on line and within 2 days received a phone pre-screening interview. I was invited to meet in person the very next day. Firts met with the Leasing Manager and also met with the Community Manager (which is normally the step 2nd). In 2 days I was called to meet with the Regional Manager and HR Manager in the HQ. Offer was delivered the next day after the recommendations were verified.

Interview Questions

• I studied the set of possible questions they could ask so I was not surprised by any. I workked in similar industry before and was able to answer all the questions. All questions were regular and typical to the customer service, team work, growth and experience. I hoped they will not ask me about what type of animal I would be - but they di d not :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I think I would consider fair compansation in regards of my experience. Their offer came back little higher then I asked for.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process, travel to different properties until you find your fit.