AMLI Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Leasing Con Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple interview process, received questions on personal interests, resume and sales approach. Immediately following my interview, I had another one with a manager at another building (same company) which was also great interview.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMLI Residential in November 2016.

Interview

I straight forward people.. I feel like the management doesn't know the needs of the maintenance team.. understaffed for an older community. . Landscaping old.. parking lot needs to have new asphalt installed through the entire community.

Interview Questions

• work experience. . Plus I knew an old employee and he told me of the job posting.   Answer Question

The facility needs lots and lots of work. . The management believes it could be an A class community, but this place is in the suburbs and it's a C class property at best. Plus the salary they offered was only $50 k. For a supervisor with tons of work in an older community. Over 25 years old..

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process I have ever been a part of. I applied online, got an email requesting a phone interview a couple days later. I had the phone interview with one of the community managers. We chatted for several minutes and she seemed both impressed with my background and eager to have me in for an in-person interview. At the conclusion of the phone interview, she said she wanted me to come in for a more formal interview and to meet more of the team at their offices. We agreed on a date (two days later) that worked for both of us, so she asked me to send her my available times and we would set something up. Within an hour, I emailed her my available times and I never heard back from her.

Again, she seemed extremely impressed and was anxious to get me in for an in-person interview, yet never even had the courtesy to follow-up with me. The date we had established came, and since I hadn't heard from her, I emailed again in case for some reason she missed the first email, I offered up another day that we could set up a time to meet. Again, I never heard from her.

Today, I got an email (directly from her) saying that she wanted to follow-up and let me know they were moving forward with another candidate. This could have been handled so much better, a simple email saying they were looking at another candidate that may fit their needs would have sufficed. Literally, any type of communication would have been better than blatantly ignoring two emails that were sent at their request.

Completely rude and unprofessional, and that honestly turned me off from ever wanting to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amli?   1 Answer

Sep 1, 2016 – HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry you felt misled by the manager’s communications. We have reached out to the hiring manager to ensure that we are clear and ... More

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Ultimately, it was a positive experience. Everyone was very polite and straightforward about what they're looking for. You'll have a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews, a skills assessment and then a personality assessment. The skills assessment is pretty straightforward if you're any kind of an accountant though I would recommend brushing up on the more obscure aspects of accounting from your 101 classes so that you're ready to go. The personality test isn't really something you can "prepare" for so just don't let it get in your head and answer honestly. My only recommendation here is to practice some of those "the next number in this series 1, 5, 16... is?" questions. There's a "trick" to tackling them you just need to be ready for it.

Given the length of the personality assessment, I suspect this is a key metric in making a hiring decision and if so my only gentle recommendation would be to perform this test up front rather than at the end of the process. It's important to remember -though understandably easy to forget- that the interviewee has also put in considerable time to prepare and money to get out and meet the team. In the end, you can save yourself and the candidate time and money by getting this done on the front end.

That aside, I was pleased with the process and felt it was fair/friendly.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

Very standard, met with property manager, then regional manager. Both were very pleasant and asked standard questions. The regional was easier than the manager, almost like she just had to sign off on me.

Leasing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

Applied online via amli.com, received a phone call in less than a week. Initial interview was with a property manager whom I'd be working with. Second interview was with another property manager nearby, and the final interview was with a Regional manager in the corporate office.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMLI Residential in July 2015.

Interview

I have been wanting to join the AMLI team for a while now and have applied for them twice, maybe three times. Over a year ago I got called for an interview at a Lease Up property. The interview went well, I think, and the manager made me feel comfortable and asked a few basic questions. I did not have lease up experience though so I believe that is why I did not get the position. Now after over a year I have applied for another position and haven't gotten a call. I have a good resume and good work history so I don't know what exactly they look for when hiring. I wish they would give me a shot. Would love to be a part of their company as their values greatly align with mine and they have the company culture I am looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very unimpressed. I am currently still going through the interview process with AMLI. I applied online, took the assessment, and then was contacted for a phone interview with the HR department not long after I applied. About a week later, I was contacted again for an in person interview at the property I applied for. I met with the Property Manager and District Manager. Then the Assistant Property Manager gave me a tour of the property. They said they were very impressed and would reach out to me after another interview day the following week. Nothing. I reached out to them three weeks later expressing interest. They responded back ten min later expressing interest in my candidacy, assuring me the position was still vacant, and that they would contact me once all the interviews were completed. It has been a total of 8 weeks since I began the interview process with AMLI. I was warned that the process would be lengthy by every interviewer, but I never expected it to be this bad!!!
    The interviews themselves have all been very thorough. No questions that are crazy or out of the ordinary. If you do your research on the company (check out the video posted on the career page of their website) you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Out of the "4 P's" (People Product Promotion and Price) which do you think is the most important and why? Which do you think is more important, People or Price? How would you explain Merchandising?   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2014 – SVP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that the process took so long and that we have been unresponsive to your follow up contacts. I have reached out to the hiring ... More

Leasing Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMLI Residential.

Interview

There are usually three interviews before you are hired. It is a little bit overkill for an entry level position. However, the interviews were very laid back and relaxed. Interviewing with the regional manager felt like having a conversation with a friend.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMLI Residential (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter call to set up phone interview with a property manager for the following week. I had a great phone interview with property manager, but she stated that there were no Leasing position available for Dallas area at that time.Property Manager stated that she would get my application back to recruiter to keep me in mind as position would become available. I waited two weeks and call the recruiter to check on status,and she stated their were no available Leasing Consultant for Dallas area at this time and will call me once something become available.While i'm still looking for employment I constantly check on Amli website to see if anything has posted. A month has past and I notice that Amli is hiring for Leasing Consultant in the Dallas area again. It was posted on their websites,job boards,and even on the news. I decided to contact the recruiter to see if I had opportunity to get in-person interview in hopes of landing a job with company. I have contact the recruiter a couple times and got no response.

Interview Questions

• All customer service questions. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2014 – HR-Employment Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that we have been unresponsive to your follow up contacts. I have reached out to the hiring managers in Dallas to ensure we have ... More