APA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.2

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief interview with HR by phone and an in-person interview with he supervisor. Both were very comfortable and conversational. I think I answered most of HR's questions in my responses to their first two questions. The in-person interview followed a standard set of questions.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

HR manager called me to schedule an appointment. The interview took place at HQ in Washington, DC. The process took me about 20-30 minutes. In two weeks, HR manager contacted me and asked if I am still interested to interview with executive director; she interviewed me approximately 15 minutes and my second interview was more casual than the first one.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at APA.

Interview

Informal, comfortable. Based on my resume I had already received the internship, it is a competitive place to work in. Regardless, the environment was welcoming and I was given an overview of the many tasks I would have. In the end, I was asked if I would like to receive the position and given a tour.

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APA.

Interview

The online application was very creative, and asked a lot of questions to get a who the interviewee is. It really made me think. The in person interviews were mostly a series of pre-planned questions so that they could fairly evaluate each person. The questions were interesting, but this did leave little time for any back and forth. Overall, I found it fun, though a bit nerve-racking because they were trying to be as deadpan as possible.

Business Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Monumental waste of time. Two in-person interviews with a total of 4 people, plus a request to submit an original writing sample and then radio silence... terribly rude treatment of job candidates. Have yet to hear back, but am not holding my breath. Even if I was made an offer, I would reject it.

Watch out for these folks... APA played a large role in torture at Guantanamo Bay. If you don't believe me, just search the internet.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied internally since I was already employed by APA. I had an initial interview with HR, was invited to a second round of interviews within two weeks by several of the upper management, and was invited to a final round of interviews within a week by the Executive publisher. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will find most difficult about fulfilling the criteria of this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person and then with the hiring manager. I was called back for a 2nd interview with the rest of the team. Some questions were simple and others required more thorough answers. The people were really genuine and honest and the process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into the industry?   1 Answer

Preliminary Review Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Meet with HR for about 15 minutes. They then send you to meet with the person who supervises the position. After that met with the entire operations team and the head of the department. The entire process occurred in one day and lasted about 6 hours. Overall the process provided good insight into the culture of the organization.

Site Visit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with my supervisor in a sit-down interview, with formal questions. I had the opportunity to ask questions. Most positions on the team go through a group interview as well, however, my interview was during the holidays, so nobody was around.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an email within a week. Set up the time for the interview. I first interviewed with HR and then I interviewed with the manager of the department. The interview was great, I felt relaxed and was able to answer all the questions. However, I didn't hear back until months after the interview and by that time I knew that I didn't get the position. Although, it would have been more considerate if they would have communicated sooner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult situation at the workplace. How was it resolved?   1 Answer
    • Which area of your expertise would you like to improve?   1 Answer