APA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

APA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.4

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at APA.

Interview

The online application was very creative, and asked a lot of questions to get a who the interviewee is. It really made me think. The in person interviews were mostly a series of pre-planned questions so that they could fairly evaluate each person. The questions were interesting, but this did leave little time for any back and forth. Overall, I found it fun, though a bit nerve-racking because they were trying to be as deadpan as possible.

Business Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Monumental waste of time. Two in-person interviews with a total of 4 people, plus a request to submit an original writing sample and then radio silence... terribly rude treatment of job candidates. Have yet to hear back, but am not holding my breath. Even if I was made an offer, I would reject it.

Watch out for these folks... APA played a large role in torture at Guantanamo Bay. If you don't believe me, just search the internet.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied internally since I was already employed by APA. I had an initial interview with HR, was invited to a second round of interviews within two weeks by several of the upper management, and was invited to a final round of interviews within a week by the Executive publisher. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will find most difficult about fulfilling the criteria of this job?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with the HR person and then with the hiring manager. I was called back for a 2nd interview with the rest of the team. Some questions were simple and others required more thorough answers. The people were really genuine and honest and the process went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into the industry?   1 Answer

Preliminary Review Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC).

Interview

Meet with HR for about 15 minutes. They then send you to meet with the person who supervises the position. After that met with the entire operations team and the head of the department. The entire process occurred in one day and lasted about 6 hours. Overall the process provided good insight into the culture of the organization.

Site Visit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with my supervisor in a sit-down interview, with formal questions. I had the opportunity to ask questions. Most positions on the team go through a group interview as well, however, my interview was during the holidays, so nobody was around.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an email within a week. Set up the time for the interview. I first interviewed with HR and then I interviewed with the manager of the department. The interview was great, I felt relaxed and was able to answer all the questions. However, I didn't hear back until months after the interview and by that time I knew that I didn't get the position. Although, it would have been more considerate if they would have communicated sooner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult situation at the workplace. How was it resolved?   1 Answer
    • Which area of your expertise would you like to improve?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted an application online and received a response within 24 hours stating I would not be considered as a candidate. Although disappointing, I appreciated the quick turnaround and communication of their decision.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at APA (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job about three weeks after it was posted. About a month later, after I presumed I wasn't in the running, they called me to offer me an interview. I went in and met with the HR business manager, who asked me a few very basic behavioral questions for 10-15 minutes or less. I then met with the hiring manager, who also asked very simple, "what-would-you-do-if" scenario questions. From there, it became more of a casual conversation where I asked about APA culture and an average workday and what the best things about APA are. I was doing pretty well, so they brought in the head of the department to meet with me to talk about the position and my interests, also fairly informal. I was free to go afterwards, the meeting spreading to about 45 minutes. Three days later, my HR rep contacted me to say she would be emailing my references. About two weeks passed (I think my HR manager was out of town for a week) and I received an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      How do you stay organized?
      What is your experience with sensitive documents?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at APA (Rochester, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

Freindly and courtious. Very nice environment. Made you feel welcome. Not sure what else to write, because the interview process was not long, and I did not want to pursue this job position after certain questions that I had were answered.

Interview Questions

• Are you reliable to get to work every day, and do you own your own vehicle Are you able to make it to work on time every day?   1 Answer

It was not the best fit for me.