ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASML Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

There were a few phone interviews that were set up, the recruiter missed the first two. I would say they are very disorganized in the interviewing process. After i interviewed the first time i got an email from the same guy asking if i would like to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Desired Pay? willing to relocate? Basic HR questions. Why are you seeking a new job.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through agency then got interviewed after one week. Fours managers/supervisors interviewing at the same time. ASML had strict rules about working with them , lots of paper works, one or two weeks on the background check depend on your situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences? How far do you live from here?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First round was with HR. I was asked about my project experience. They wanted to see how you can present things well and which group matched your background. Second round was with the prospective group. I was asked about optical imaging questions and c++ fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Considering a one dimensional grating with normal incidence, which polarization has better resolution of image?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML in April 2017.

Interview

referred by a friend, I first made a self-introduction talk about my background and research experience. Then she asks about if I have any relevant experience with the position. Finally, she want me talk about my brief understanding and experience of 3 concepts

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

1) HR Screening Interview
    2) Hiring Manager Phone Interview : Questions mainly revolving around resume and situational design problems
    3) Mechanical Architect phone interview : situational design problems comprising for mechanical kinematic design principles and intuitions

Interview Questions

• Details regarding situational engineering problems   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter
    Got a call after a week and scheduled a phone interview
    A week later gave my second phone interview ( which went way better than my first interview )
    Received a call next day from my recruiter with bad news, which I wasn't expecting.
    It was a good learning experience but very disappointed as I thought the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on Cantilever beams, heat transfer and vibrations.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview with the team. Overall took 2 hours to complete the interview and met 6 individuals including the manager. Interview questions were not technical and more related to how many hours can you work in a day starting 7 AM.

Interview Questions

• They were more focused on why I want to change jobs, rather than my overall skills/ credentials.   Answer Question

CS FF Upgrades Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was first class. Communication from HR was excellent across the board, and responses to my inquiries were swift and informative. The interview itself was quite casual. Management was encouraging, and willing to be candid about their experiences when I presented tough questions.

As an aside, note that pre-interview research into the company pays dividends. Management at ASML understands that candidates may not know everything about lithography machines. This is why enthusiasm for the product, and the industry as a whole will be of most benefit to you in the interview.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, i.e. describe a problem, the solution, and your process.   1 Answer

CS FF Upgrades Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat formal. I attended a hiring conference with 8 other candidates. We each had a 30 minute slot in which we were asked a couple of questions by the hiring managers. The majority of the questions were more character based as opposed to technical. Overall, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• A lot of question to gauge you character and thought process.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a reputed Job Agency.
    1. Phone Call, 30 mins , Spoke about my projects, and Co-op/Internship.
    2. Onsite, Met close to 7 people , I had to give a presentation.
    Overall, amazing experience. I loved talking to people who interviewed me.

1. The presentation was all about my work. A group of 8 interviewers were the audience.
    2. Conceptual questions.
    3. MATLAB questions.
    4. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Since I was confident in the skills and projects I had mentioned on my resume and my linkedin page. I did not find any question to be difficult.   1 Answer