ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.8

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT).

Interview

First a phone screening of basic C questions, then face to face with three engineers with C questions, resume based questions and real-time problems. there was three interviewer in the face to face interview. mostly it was questioned about previous projects.

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

The process was great because I got to interact with a recruiter and also an on site engineer. The interview was relaxed and I got to ask them questions. They seemed welcoming and excited

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

The interview was divided up so that I spent 30 minutes with three different people. Everyone was extremely nice and as soon as I walked in I thought this is a place I'd like to work at. It just felt so relaxed and chill. The hardest part was the last person I met with wanted me to ask him questions about the company the whole time and I really didn't have 30 minutes worth of questions to ask because I already asked the 2 previous interviewers questions. It could be a horrible place to work, but as a person just walking in it looked awesome, and I wish who ever got the job and who ever gets a job there the best! :)

Interview Questions

• What is your organizational style?   Answer Question
    • How does your previous experience relate to this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about talking to people that are extremely smart and may think they understand an HR rule, but don't and they are yelling at you?   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT).

Interview

Well, I received an email from a talent acquisition guy from ASML who asked me to pick a date and time for a 15minute interview via this calendly app hyperlink.

On the interview day, I receive an email at the last moment saying that this person has changed his date. No explanation or anything...just a new calendar date request with Yes or No to select.

On the next interview date, the same thing happens. The recruiter postpones the date to next week and that too at an inconvenient time. I request for an explanation for postponing and suggested changing the interview time as it was a tad too early. Again! No reply just a Calendly notification saying time for interview changed to the afternoon.

Finally, I prepare myself for the third time for this interview...and an hour before the interview I get another Calendly notification saying that the recruiter has Cancelled the interview. No rescheduling..just plainly canceled. I emailed the recruiter again with a more sterner tone (I had been very polite while bearing with all of it). I asked him why had he canceled and whether there was another time that suited him best because I was really interested in the position. But..No reply !

I really really hope that the email finds ASML guys because I am really really infuriated with what happened. I have aspired to work at ASML and one employee's unprofessionalism has left such a sour taste in my mouth. At least have the decency to reply with words.

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter sent an e-mail requesting phone interview. I scheduled a date and time via their appointment scheduling system.

Spoke to recruiter for about 30 minutes. She stated they would follow up in 2-3 weeks. I followed up with an e-mail after two weeks. I never got a response. A simple, "No thanks. We moved on with other candidates" would have been sufficient. How they treat candidates may be a reflection of how they treat employees.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job/ What are your main responsibilities? Why are you looking to leave current employer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASML (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I got a phone interview and an one site interview. All of the employers were nice and kind! I am so exicited to work in ASML. I think that it is a good company!

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of C questions / pointers / Python   1 Answer
    • pointers / Python   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview for about 45 minutes. Asked questions about software development models, dynamic memory allocation, semaphores vs mutex, etc. The interviewer was patient. Brush up on systems and OS questions.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Recruiter Makes phone call with some initial screening questions about current job role, what is done in current job role, phone interview by hiring manager, onsite interview by sex,seven engineers and managers

Interview Questions

• # Why do you want to switch?
      # Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?
      # What is data science from your point of view?
      # How do you approach a data analysis debug problem , give specific examples
      # How big was your data set ? How big is the data set to be considered is large data set?
      # Explain a DOE that you designed and ran
      # What lithography development project you worked on explain
      # What happens if dose and focus changes.
      # What happens if focus is increases or decreased, what happens if the resist is changed from positive to negative?
      # If there issue for printing in litho step, can etch fix it and vice versa
      # What is annular/quadrapole , what do they improve in litho printing?
      # What is Depth of focus?
      # How off axis printing is helpful?
      # How is grating features helpful in litho printing?
      # How to do you ensure that a vulnerable features are printed properly?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

First spoke with the hiring engineer then with the HR rep who asked the detailed questions. With the engineer, i realized the job was not a good fit and we ended it there, but he obviously did not pass that information along to the HR Rep.

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

I was contacted by two different ASML recruiters. The first recruiter emailed me and then never responded to my email back. The second recruiter was unaware that the other recruiter had contacted me and he set up a phone interview. He was looking at my resume as we were on the phone, so he was completely unprepared and eventually realized that he didn't want to hire me after all by the time he finished reading. Though he found my prior work experience interesting so wasted another 15 minutes on the phone asking me questions after saying that he wouldn't hire me for the job. Overall waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No real questions were asked, only questions off of my resume- "so you went to *** college?"   Answer Question