ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASML Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASML (Santa Clarita, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through employee referal and the process took about a week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

First Telephonic screening and later if selected called for face to face interview. Questions are basic C, C++, Socket programming. Three people take face to face interview, were each person will do for 30min. Also some questions are also from project did.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency. First phone screen and then onsite interview for 4 hours with four different people. The whole process took around 6 hours. Mostly technical and questions from previous project

Interview Questions

• C programs, bit shifting, prior experience, technical challenges faced previously, design questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview for about 45 minutes. Asked questions about software development models, dynamic memory allocation, semaphores vs mutex, etc. The interviewer was patient. Brush up on systems and OS questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a contract position a staffing agency got in touch with me about. The phone screen was scheduled fast. It was questions about experience on the resume and general C questions such as: how do we allocated memory? ho do we free memory? What do we do once memory is allocated? What is circular buffer?
    Later i was brought on-site where i met 3 people
    The first person was talking about machines they make and about the machine they would make in the future. took me to the posters with the machines. Did not ask any questions.
    The second person went over position in my resume and asked 3 questions
    -how would organize class of random polygons that could include arches in polygons, circles, polygons, etc
    - add a new element into the binary tree
    - you have an app with 2 threads one is very busy, the second is lightly loaded. How to make sure the "light" thread would get resources. Apparently, the interviewer did not hear the answer he expected.
    The third person probably a sr. manager went over my cv asking questions about previous experience.
    - write a code in C which will check if a given word is a palindrome.
    The next day a recruiter from staffing agency called me and said there would be no offer. The interview was very easy as if the interviewers knew the result already.

Interview Questions

• You have an app with 2 threads one is very busy, the second one is lightly loaded. How to make sure the "light" thread would get resources?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML in January 2016.

Interview

easy, everyone is very nice and welcoming , the questions varied from describe your approach to a problem to tell us about your experience in company A or during your academic projects

Interview Questions

• describe major software design project that you have developed from concept level   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by a third party recruiter: monster. I first had a phone interview with a third party recruiter:monster. The interviewer asked do I have relevant experience in lithography and semiconductor processing. It was an nice interview. No technical question. Then, she told me that I would receive a confirmation if I will have a onsite interview. But then, she said that manager would like to have a phone interview with me. The question is about the project and work experience I did before. The problem is easy and people there is nice.

Interview Questions

• Basically, the interviewer asked the experience on resume   Answer Question

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in July 2013.

Interview

Got the interview through Monster recruiting (got a phone screen rather than me applying for it through website). Filled out online application then HR contact scheduled interviews. Met with a variety of people from Finance to General Manager/VP. Was a little confusing in that it seemed like they were trying to push me to one position over another depending who I talked to in my interview. Interviewers were personable though I could tell that the main person (VP/GM) wanted someone with industry experience. Also, add an extra half hour to your commute over there as the routes sometimes get unexpectedly congested even in the middle of the day; such is the traffic into that area (Wilton, CT).

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview takes place with all the team members including senior managers, Will be asked to demonstrate skills and proficiency, Bringing photo id a must for registration at front desk, managers are paged from front desk and they escort you to the interview office, Being on time is very valued.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Excel,
      Experience with Business Objects and SAP
      Other Engineering tools   Answer Question

Materials Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quickly got the phone interview. The recruiter simply asked my experience, background and visa status. He also did not ask too much behavior questions. The whole process just lasted 20 mins.