ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASML Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

I got an interview request from them saying they'd like to know more.
    Then they called and asked me to talk about my resume, so I did.
    Then they said "Yeah you're not qualified, sorry, bye"
    Not sure why they scheduled the interview, if, after not even mentioning more than what was on my resume they just decided that I didn't qualify. Super big waste of time for the both of us.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview for about 45 minutes. Asked questions about software development models, dynamic memory allocation, semaphores vs mutex, etc. The interviewer was patient. Brush up on systems and OS questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

This was a contract position a staffing agency got in touch with me about. The phone screen was scheduled fast. It was questions about experience on the resume and general C questions such as: how do we allocated memory? ho do we free memory? What do we do once memory is allocated? What is circular buffer?
    Later i was brought on-site where i met 3 people
    The first person was talking about machines they make and about the machine they would make in the future. took me to the posters with the machines. Did not ask any questions.
    The second person went over position in my resume and asked 3 questions
    -how would organize class of random polygons that could include arches in polygons, circles, polygons, etc
    - add a new element into the binary tree
    - you have an app with 2 threads one is very busy, the second is lightly loaded. How to make sure the "light" thread would get resources. Apparently, the interviewer did not hear the answer he expected.
    The third person probably a sr. manager went over my cv asking questions about previous experience.
    - write a code in C which will check if a given word is a palindrome.
    The next day a recruiter from staffing agency called me and said there would be no offer. The interview was very easy as if the interviewers knew the result already.

Interview Questions

• You have an app with 2 threads one is very busy, the second one is lightly loaded. How to make sure the "light" thread would get resources?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML (Stamford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

First Telephonic screening and later if selected called for face to face interview. Questions are basic C, C++, Socket programming. Three people take face to face interview, were each person will do for 30min. Also some questions are also from project did.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency. First phone screen and then onsite interview for 4 hours with four different people. The whole process took around 6 hours. Mostly technical and questions from previous project

Interview Questions

• C programs, bit shifting, prior experience, technical challenges faced previously, design questions   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in October 2018.

Interview

Initially, there was a telephone screening interview that I easily passed and had strong feeling I was a high match. They then flew me into NYC, got a car rental, drove to Norwalk, CT and stayed at a hotel overnight. Then I was interviewed the next morning by 3 members over 2 hours. One was a software manager, another a test team lead and the third a senior test team member. They explained the interviewers are randomly selected so it's not the same for each candidate. There was not written test and even the verbal questions I didn't need to use the whiteboard. The first the manager, was more about explaining what they do and why I am being interviewed but he did not go into detail. The second was the test team lead and he asked detailed technical questions, mostly if I can explain testing methodologies and how I would approach their testing effort. The third interviewer was less detailed and questions more broad based. I had the afternoon free as my flight left late that night but as I left for the airport at 4:30PM, I received a call from the recruiter informing me I did not selected for the contract position. The feedback was both cryptic and confusing so I believe I did not land it because I work on embedded systems whereas they work on large scale server-style software systems. I was not a close enough match.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML in January 2016.

Interview

easy, everyone is very nice and welcoming , the questions varied from describe your approach to a problem to tell us about your experience in company A or during your academic projects

Interview Questions

• describe major software design project that you have developed from concept level   1 Answer

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

The process was great because I got to interact with a recruiter and also an on site engineer. The interview was relaxed and I got to ask them questions. They seemed welcoming and excited

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by a third party recruiter: monster. I first had a phone interview with a third party recruiter:monster. The interviewer asked do I have relevant experience in lithography and semiconductor processing. It was an nice interview. No technical question. Then, she told me that I would receive a confirmation if I will have a onsite interview. But then, she said that manager would like to have a phone interview with me. The question is about the project and work experience I did before. The problem is easy and people there is nice.

Interview Questions

• Basically, the interviewer asked the experience on resume   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. They asked if I was interested in the position and what it entailed. They were very friendly with me and made sure exactly what the internship project would be.