ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First round was with HR. I was asked about my project experience. They wanted to see how you can present things well and which group matched your background. Second round was with the prospective group. I was asked about optical imaging questions and c++ fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Considering a one dimensional grating with normal incidence, which polarization has better resolution of image?   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face interview with the team. Overall took 2 hours to complete the interview and met 6 individuals including the manager. Interview questions were not technical and more related to how many hours can you work in a day starting 7 AM.

Interview Questions

• They were more focused on why I want to change jobs, rather than my overall skills/ credentials.   Answer Question

CS FF Upgrades Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was first class. Communication from HR was excellent across the board, and responses to my inquiries were swift and informative. The interview itself was quite casual. Management was encouraging, and willing to be candid about their experiences when I presented tough questions.

As an aside, note that pre-interview research into the company pays dividends. Management at ASML understands that candidates may not know everything about lithography machines. This is why enthusiasm for the product, and the industry as a whole will be of most benefit to you in the interview.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions, i.e. describe a problem, the solution, and your process.   1 Answer

CS FF Upgrades Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASML (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat formal. I attended a hiring conference with 8 other candidates. We each had a 30 minute slot in which we were asked a couple of questions by the hiring managers. The majority of the questions were more character based as opposed to technical. Overall, it was a great experience!

Interview Questions

• A lot of question to gauge you character and thought process.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a reputed Job Agency.
    1. Phone Call, 30 mins , Spoke about my projects, and Co-op/Internship.
    2. Onsite, Met close to 7 people , I had to give a presentation.
    Overall, amazing experience. I loved talking to people who interviewed me.

1. The presentation was all about my work. A group of 8 interviewers were the audience.
    2. Conceptual questions.
    3. MATLAB questions.
    4. Behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Since I was confident in the skills and projects I had mentioned on my resume and my linkedin page. I did not find any question to be difficult.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASML in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved multiple rounds of phone interviews with different people. These phone conversations consisted of a discussion of your background and resume, questions about engineering fundamentals, and a technical quiz.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through the design process on one of your projects?   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview takes place with all the team members including senior managers, Will be asked to demonstrate skills and proficiency, Bringing photo id a must for registration at front desk, managers are paged from front desk and they escort you to the interview office, Being on time is very valued.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Excel,
      Experience with Business Objects and SAP
      Other Engineering tools
      Answer Question

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email from HR one week later to schedule a phone interview. Had 1 phone with HR, another phone with hiring manager few weeks later and was called on-site after a month. Very slow to respond. On-site was with 6 people one after the other. Questions about my experience and how it will relate to the job. Its been 2 months and havent heard back since. Called for updates but received none. Very unprofessional. Even if they do not select me, they should have the courtesy to give a straight answer when called for updates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a team, Tell me your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

Phone interview with general & situational questions. Situational questions required specific personal references.

In person interview with managers & employees.
    Consisted of general interview questions, repeat of situational questions, tests on electronics & tour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to use persuasion in the office?   Answer Question

Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

Recruiter called me and told me about the position said they would set up interviews for that week. Phone interviewed with four different people in different mechanical groups. Connected with one of the interviewers and ended being hired. be hired does require all people to interview view to agree so you do have to try on all the interviews

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and theory based.   1 Answer