ASML Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASML Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

1 round phone screening interview: 40 minutes in total. 10 minutes about previous projects. 30 minutes about hypothetical design problems(4-5 questions with the same design, different kind of situations, figure out the reasons may cause the problems).

Interview Questions

• figure out the reasons why would a mirror(with the mount your colleague design) crack during transportation or installation   Answer Question
    • how to locate mirror during installation   Answer Question
    • dynamic questions like the first mode shape of a mirror in modal analysis, how to increase the natural frequency, etc.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASML (Malta, NY).

Interview

Recruiter contacted for interview based on resume submission. Had a phone interview with the recruiter. Recruiter advised to contact at 3 week point if no contact. after continual follow ups the recruiter got back nearly 2.5 months later and said they were no longer interested.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

Was contacted by the "John Galt Staffing Inc." staffing agency by Sean Nelson. Never applied for the position. Sean found my resume online and got in touch with me. He was super helpful throughout the entire process. Was in correspondence with him for about two weeks after which I finally received a phone screen.
    The phone screen is not like any other phone screen I have been a part of in other companies in the past. It is a full blown interview. It went on for an hour.
    Suggestions: Read about UV light characteristics, photolithography process.
    Did not get selected although I felt my interview went really well. They want someone who is technically sound and academically excellent. Had high expectations. Did not even give me a feedback why I did not get selected. Overall, not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your internship experiences.   Answer Question
    • Talk about one project in detail which you are passionate about.   Answer Question
    • Gave me a design question for a photolithography machine. Design a nozzle for blowing air on to the mask for cooling it during the lithography process.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me after two weeks to arrange first phone interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. She asked me about my educational background, programming skills and why I wanted to join ASML.

After another two weeks, another recruiter contacted me to arrange second phone interview with a professional person. I was expecting a more professional talk around the posted vacancy and and my research experiences . However, the guy ended up asking me high school physics and math formulas rather than conceptual questions. He never looked my CV even. I have never experienced such kind of interview at a professional level. I am sure high school student will remember all the formulas better than one who finished high school 10 or more years ago.

Interview Questions

• I think he just was not in a mood to interview me. Some one with the right mentality will not expect you remember all formulas in science.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASML (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview, on-campus recruiter. Was about 20 mins. The interviewer was very friendly. Asked me basic questions in C and operating systems. Did a resume walk through and asked about a couple of projects. Also asked me some behaviour based questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is dangling pointer
      2. What is union
      3. What are race conditions
      4. What is disadvantage of having many recursive functions
      5. What are mutexes and semaphores
      6. What is dynamic linking. What happens during dynamic linking   Answer Question

Materials Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quickly got the phone interview. The recruiter simply asked my experience, background and visa status. He also did not ask too much behavior questions. The whole process just lasted 20 mins.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

1st phone interview was a breeze. the recruiter made me more interested in the position and the company, the second interview however was a train wreck, they asked me about 20-25 questions in less than half an hour mainly electrical ( I am a mechanical ) , on top of that , they never gave me a chance to ask anything.... worst phone interview I've ever had !!

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML.

Interview

Two times interview got rescheduled and after that HR told the position is already allotted to other guy. Yaa the HR was a bit kind told that if i find any position I can directly forward him resume regarding that position instead of applying online.

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASML (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Job was interesting, team I'd be joining was extremely talented and I was willing to jump ship to work for ASML. But they acknowleged they couldn't make me an offer anywhere near my current base salary for the same job title, so now I just feel sorry for how low the salaries must be there. This is my second such experience at the US location of a now-European company so in future I will start asking salary ranges up front to avoid wasting time.

Optical Sensors and Meteorology Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASML (Wilton, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

After applied the position for less than 1 week, I get a e-mail notification for further phone interview schedule. It was a nice guy, friendly, ask some basic interview questions like introduce yourself, education and experience etc. While after I mentioned that I am an international student, he told me currently the position is not recruiting OPT student, anyway, it's a neutral experience.