ATL Events Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very detailed interview, left no questions un-answered. Met with a few different hiring managers and H.R. associated throughout the process. Seemed like a great company culture and flow of everything. Hands-on and personalized interview..shows they care about the talent they hire and building relationships with each individual.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the top 3 qualities of yourself that would make you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question
    • Describe your leadership experience and how it will help out company.   Answer Question
    • What was the last challenge you faced and what were the steps taken to overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Aug 2, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to improve our interviewing and hiring processes, so we appreciate your input!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with standard interview questions. First you have an office interview, then a second round interview at one of their events, and finally you are asked to send an email with reasons as to why you'd be a great fit for the job.

Interview Questions

The entire process seemed extremely routine and like a bit of a scam. The company is very new, went through name changes within the first couple years, and just seemed to not be very stable.

Aug 2, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

ATL Events Group aims to provide a growth-oriented company culture with opportunities for all that join our team. We apologize that you felt our hiring process was "a bit routine". We are seeking a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I walked in and there were plenty of people hiring for the same position. I filled out an application and 15 mins later the interview would begin. I was asked easy questions, nothing too difficult. But I guess I wasnt the right candidate they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities that you can improve by working here ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call after hours each time from an individual that worked here. I do not want to release the name of the individual at this time. I was asked to put together a portfolio of a couple of commercial ideas for a position within the company. We talked about salary and what would be required of me with this position. After I submitted my work, I was asked to resubmit more footage of my work. The interviewer phone was off so I was told I had to communicate through email now. When I came in town for the interview I was told we had to reschedule that morning over email. I never received communication back to set up another interview. This interview process wasn't professional.

Interview Questions

ATL Events Group Response

Dec 15, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

We apologize if you were not selected for an interview with our company, but it seems like your background was not what we were necessarily looking for at this time as we did not invite you in for an... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group.

Interview

You go to a sketchy building and have a very vague interview that doesn't fully explain the job. They invite you to a 2nd interview where you go to costco or sams and watch someone sell on the floor which is what your job will be. Not what i expected.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Sandy Springs, GA).

Interview

Phone screening with Behavioral Questions
    1-0n-1 with Assistant Manager or CEO
    In-Field interview at a retail location
    Follow up call with offer
    Very short and they will not give you long to accept or reject the offer
    The phone interview is extremely basic. The interview with the CEO is pretty laid back and mostly about yourself and why you are interested in the position. The in field interview is about observation then a broad explanation of the responsibilities and details of the pay structure, opportunity and schedule.

Interview Questions

• Indirect vs Direct Marketing?
      Why would a company start everyone off at entry-level?
      What are your strengths?
      When was a time you had to overcome an obstacle?
      What makes you want to work in a sales environment?
      Why do we work on the weekends in retail locations?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback for our interview process. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience and we are excited to continue our business partnership together at ATL Events Group.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted very shortly after submitting my application. Then, I was told via email there was a rush to finalize the new "team" and asked to come in and interview the following day. When I arrived, I signed in and waited in a room full of other applicants. The building was in a warehouse. I waited for about 20 minutes and the manager came out to greet me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it makes more sense to hire someone off the street with no knowledge of our business or someone we have trained from the bottom up?   Answer Question

Feb 7, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback about your interview. We are located within a corporate office suite in Smyrna, GA. Our goal during the hiring process is to find the best fit applicant for our... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was...sleazy.After I told them I had a car, my skills provided on my resume must have shined through as I was told that they wanted to interview me immediately. I drove to Atlanta and slowly realized to my horror that this place is nothing like it describes itself on its website. They describe themselves as a full service ad agency. Instead they are a pyramid scheme. Their website only describes people getting promotions and has none of their work or clients listed. It's basically what happens when one person sticks with those pyramid scheme companies that tour college campuses, such as Verve. The company basically is a conglomeration of 7 of these. Anyway, after interviewing me for a grand total of 4 minutes, they could tell that I was on the fast track to success and told me to go to one of their events taking place. I was one of only 3 people of 100 that received this second interview, which was taking place in 30 minutes in another part of the city. I could tell that they were being sincere because they handed me directions to the "event" from a stack of at least 200. You can never be too careful, maybe 197 of them would fall into a shredder. Anyway I drove 20 minutes to a kroger and called the person who was supposed to interview me. She told me to not come in and wait in my car because she was busy. I sat in my car for 30 minutes. Finally, I saw the event. It was a stand in kroger that sold some crap that you would see on an infomercial at 4 am. I had to sit through a presentation and take notes on it, and then was interviewed again. I was told of the wonderful career advancement opportunites etc. Then I was told to email the CEO and the person who interviewed me 3 reasons why I would be successful. I wasted 4 hours of my day and a lot of gas.

Interview Questions

ATL Events Group Response

Jun 22, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your time and recent feedback regarding the account executive interview. ATL Events strives to provide a positive work environment with different career opportunities for all that join... More

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Smyrna, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

Very informative and pleasant interview process. The Human Resources representative I spoke to over the phone was extremely nice and helpful- it definitely made the interview process a lot more personal and I could tell she enjoyed where she worked!
    The interview at the office was challenging, as well as educational and the hiring manager answered all the questions I had. I left feeling confident about the stability and career opportunities with the company.

Interview Questions

• Career goals?   Answer Question
    • How will your previous experience apply to our company’s projected growth? What will you be able to contribute that will separate you from other candidates?   Answer Question

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ATL Events Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they said they weren't actually looking for PR or Event planning employees. All they wanted was more Account Managers. The first face to face interview was brief. I was then called to have an onsite interview with a "client" at Kroger. It turns out that their clients are items that are sold in a booth in major stores. You are trained to run the "client's" booth in different stores. After months of that, you hire and train people to do exactly what you did and it continues like that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between indirect and direct marketing?   Answer Question