ATL Events Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team oriented. Management is always looking to help people in the company. Ipem door policy allows even someone starting on day 1 to reach out to an executive and corporate level positions.
    Most other companies have a chain of command and a protocol that you must follow. Networking is promoted here. If you don't know the answer, it's okay to ask.

Top performers are rewarded with all expense paid R&R trips.

Cons

The many opportunities that ATL events provides can be overwhelming to someone who has never been in the industry but it shows the limitless potential for growth for the company and individuals if they proactively take on opportunities. The work you put in is directly correlated with your results.

Advice to Management

Definitely continue to implement the Team Night Activities. Maybe set aside time with the Leadership team to creatively brainstorm new ideas for team nights.

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your experience so far with our company. Your honest input helps our mission for continuous improvement for all employees' opportunities and career growth... More

2. "Short lived"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training opportunity for a young adult

Cons

Long hours, minimal pay, mandatory weekends

Advice to Management

None

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the great opportunity that we offer here at ATL Events Group. We do not, however, make particular work hours mandatory and we do... More

"Positive Outlook and Growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not micromanaged, taught to think for yourself, hands-on training, not overly critical of mistakes, fast promotions, great people and clients. Positive outlook for company over the next few years, job security.

Cons

Somtimes events can be a little far from central office, but everyone is used to driving in Atlanta traffic....not futher than most commutes..
    Need to actually put in the work to get promoted - but its worth it! The right people reap the rewards of their hard work and efforts.

Advice to Management

Don't loose your team values as you grow!
    More team-oriented activities.

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate your feedback and are happy you are enjoying your time with our company!

"The Truth"

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. They are good at being dishonest, unscrupulous people who prey on naive college students I guess. They are good at dodging direct questions about what they actually do because they know no one would want to work there if they told the truth. They are good at making people waste their time and money driving to grocery stores to sell pillows in a suit.

Cons

So since this "company" is a complete lie and sham, I'll help out anyone who may be thinking about going in for an interview(which they give to anyone who applies). They real you in by using vague Marketing terms but beware this is no Marketing company. A real Marketing firm or Advertising Agency will have actual requirements detailing the experience and education level they want in a candidate. They don't just say stuff like "looking for a team player" just go to the website and you can tell it's a scam no real information on what they do. That's because they sell pillows and other junk in Kroger or Costco. That's right unless you want to wear a suit to sell pillows in Kroger avoid this "company" at all costs. Pays minimum wage btw, fast food is a more respectable job.

Advice to Management

You are obviously not people who care too much about honesty. You should try and start a real company not a pyramid scheme selling useless products in grocery stores.

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback about ATL Events Group. We strive to always provide the best experience to all who join our team. We apologize that our career opportunities did not align with your... More

"Full time Event Coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Planner in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Event Planner in Decatur, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice atmosphere.
    Friendly people with business knowledge.

Cons

Low commission
    No-Base Salary
    Shortage of clientele
    Vendors can be far from work site. And there is no fleet vehicle to use when visiting them.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like driving to a Costco by yourself and standing there trying to sell for 8 hours a day the. That's a pro.

Cons

They pay you 10 dollars per hour starting. Which equates to 800 per check. If you're reading this...trust me. The work you will do and the amount of driving you do is not worth such a low pay. If you are out of college or even in college, you can find a job that pays you more for more rewarding work. Be smart never listen to "potential earnings" or "how quickly they want to promote you" focus on base pay. And 10 dollars per hour is no where near enough.

Advice to Management

Pay the people a better wage and make the work more interesting. Let some people stay in the office a few days out of the week and think of creative ideas. Be more transparent and you won't have such a high turnover.

Jan 11, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your time at ATL Events Group. We'd like to address a few things; ATL Events Group offers hourly wage plus commission. Sales is apart of our business model but is... More

"Enjoy the advancement so far!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Since I have been with Atl Events group I have received hands on training in many different areas of business. I have worked in Marketing, sales, advertising, Inventory and logistics, management, HR, etc... The trainers/mentors are very attentive. I have been able to travel and work with clients in L.A., Houston, Chicago, Boston and New York. I really enjoy the morning meetings (they get all the employees to huddle up and go through different strategies) and I take a ton away from them. Team days/nights are fun as well!

Cons

Honestly, when I started I was not that excited about the entry level (they run promotional events with Costco and other places). I graduated with a degree in Business from Duke, so I thought I would be able to start a little bit further down the line and not have to take an E.L. role. I was in that role for 5 weeks so no big deal. They preach that you have to have some experience in the role that you will be managing, so I understand the thought process behind it. Looking back it has really helped me in the role I am in now, but at the time I didn't get it

Advice to Management

Brandon really challenges me to be better. It seems like he knows when to lay off and pat me on the back which I appreciate, but I know I can get through the program quicker if I am continually challenged. So don't lay off me, keep pushing me, I love the challenge!

"Good for first job out of school!"

Current Employee - Account Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group (Less than a year)

Pros

They put a lot of focus on professional and personal growth. I am able to sit down with someone on the management team once a week to review my performance, and get direction. I have had past job's where they just throw you out there which may be good for some people, but I enjoy the training and direction that I get here. I really enjoy the team environment as well as the company's philosophy and purpose. I have been excited about all the stuff I have been able to learn so far.

Cons

There seems to be some turn over early on, It is very fast paced so I think either management or the employee decides it's not the right fit because of how intense it is. My friend who told me about the position was terminated for being late a few times.

Advice to Management

I really enjoy the individual attention and coaching. It has helped me grow pretty quickly since I have been there. I know you guys are growing, but please don't loose sight of what got you there. I know that in some other companies as they grew they quit investing as much time in they're employees, so keep that up no matter what!!!

"Entry-Level / Campaign Management"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Roswell, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Co-Workers and management
    Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Low commission
    No-Base Salary
    Immense traveling
    Long Work Hours and few days off

Advice to Management

Provide Base with Commission

Jul 26, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the feedback provided! We are happy to hear you made friendships along the way with our team, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere! ATL Events Group strives to create the best work... More

"Absolutely a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High level of dedication from all co-workers and management. The dynamic training environment have taught me professional marketing, advertising and sales skills that I would never have gained otherwise. The management training is very hands-on, whereas before I worked in companies that would not give me that opportunity, or give actual one-on-one training to improve. I love the position because I am always challenged, always growing personally, advancing professionally, and it is giving me the opportunity after just year of training to manage an office, and help expand the division as a whole.

Cons

The training was a slight pay cut for me, but the experience was truly invaluable. My peers, friends, and family were not the most positive about me doing the entry-level marketing and promotions when I started, after just earning my degree (they now are my biggest supporters!) The training is very intensive and not for those who just want a job, they are very serious when they say it is a commitment, and my brain often hurts from the knowledge of management and marketing hammered into it day after day!

Advice to Management

The management team does an exceptional job with explaining why and how we do everything from an entry level stand point all the way to a management level and the advice keeps coming. Everyone in this company is here to help!