Aberdeen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aberdeen Interview Questions

Interviews at Aberdeen

2.2

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aberdeen in August 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience with the entire recruitment process. The sales executive extremely professional, positive, and you can tell that it is a very welcoming environment for new employees. I excepted the offer is soon as I received it. I look forward to starting in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at the "Aberdeen Group?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying, I heard from the HR manager to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. He was obviously new at being a sales manager and interviewing. It was fairly obvious from the conversation that it wouldn't be a good fit, which is absolutely fine. However, this company fails when it comes to professionalism and process. I followed up with a thank you note and received no response. That is unprofessional when you have had an hour long conversation and the person - who is in sales mind you - can't be bothered to reply/acknowledge the note; regardless if they or not they want to continue the interview process. Add to that when the interviewer says the HR representative will get back to you about possible next steps and that HR person doesn't provide a "thank you but we won't be pursuing your candidacy" email, that is simply lame. This absolutely reinforces my instinct that the company is living up to the negative reviews you see on Glassdoor. As a side note, if you are considering a sales position, I would be very wary of working for an inexperienced, stereotypical sales manager who talks big, but has very little substance.

Interview Questions

• The hiring sales manager didn't really ask any substantive questions.   Answer Question

Aberdeen Response

Dec 3, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Dear Sales Executive Applicant,

First, thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. Even though yours was a negative review, it is valuable feedback nonetheless. Although we... More

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Met with 6 people back to back, one on the phone. I also had one phone interview. 3 senior leaders, a coworker, the current CEO, and salesperson. I really spent most of my time trying to understand what the culture was like and to see if I could get a consistent answer from everyone.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall but they were pretty standard nothing to stump you.   1 Answer
    • Why I had so many jobs before?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was brief was informative. I was contacted a few days later to schedule an in-person interview with the department lead and meet other PMs. A few days after that, I received another phone call to answer a few more questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aberdeen.

Interview

I applied and got asked for reports samples. Then I had a phone screening and an on-site Interview which included an normal interview and two tests. They were both oral tests that tested your problem solving and analytical skills.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with HR and a second phone interview with the Hiring Manager, plus in-person interviews with the Hiring Manager and the rest of team. They also requested a writing assignment about a technology topic. The HR person didn't act professionally, and I discovered along the process that it wasn't a good fit for me. However, it was nice to meet some of the team members who seem committed to their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Interactive Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the Art Director, lead video production artist, and an operations rep who acted as a liaison between creative and the client. Each interviewer took a half hour. Questions about my professional background, why I wanted to work there, and personal details were discussed.

Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aberdeen (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had an assessment for half an hour,which was very easy and then interview with developers.I found the questions asked during interview to be very engaging and it was exciting to be able to meet the team - a very knowledgeable, fun, and friendly group of people which really served to reinforce my interest in becoming part of the team.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aberdeen in March 2015.

Interview

One on one with the head of the internship. Very straightforward process and pleasant experience. Nothing to hold against them was prepared perfectly. Next will try to get better prepared and perform better.

Interview Questions

• If you had 1 million euros how to invest. Tell me about 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question