Absa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.8

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Absa (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process took less than a week. First i applied on the company website, then i received a call from the hr to schedule an interview. It went well until she invited me to mee with the supervisor of the department i was applying for. She did not ask me a lot of question she was asking me if i had questions for her.

Interview Questions

Interview

5 competency based interviews. You really have to know your stuff. Was kept informed to a point, but as with most banks there were days and weeks that went by without a word.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough leadership decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Basically told if I really want to make the move I must accept because this is not a bartering opportunity.

Clerk Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absa (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three manager from absa branches. They as basic backround information about what I studied, work experience , behavioural questions where I needed to give an example of a sitaution was i was in and explain how i dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Very NB asked why i wanted to work for Absa? Why I want to leave my current job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vredenburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Absa (Vredenburg (South Africa)) in May 2016.

Interview

The job was advertised online. I have applied online and attached my CV. Was contacted about 2 weeks after the closing date for the interview. I were interviewed by the branch manager, department manager and the Human Resources manager. They first wanted to know what kind of person I am. My personal back ground was also discussed. The reason I have applied for the job.

Interview Questions

• What challenge did I previously had, how did I resolve it and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Absa (Cape Town (South Africa)) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially, there is a telephonic screening to establish if what is on your CV matches your skillset. A few random technical question are asked. Its basic theory. This is followed by Brain Bench Test together with a face to face interview with a panel of managers. Being a Bank, they will do very in depth background checks (Criminal, Credit Checks, past employment references)

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you represent the 5 values of the company. (they tell you what the values are)   1 Answer

Specialist Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Very limited process as I was recruited by HR. As I was working on a contract basis in another division, I was asked if I would be interested in the position. I was interested, so the process was limited and very quick.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what i wanted and that was what i was offered.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

They were very quick to respond to my application. The interview was efficient and concise. The interviewer was connected to the team I would be put in and she was effective in getting everything she needed to ask out. It was a demanding but satisfying interview that kept me thinking and on my feet.

Interview Questions

• Asking what I would improve in their processes. It was difficult as I hadn't yet had a feel for their corporate culture.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Absa (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was surprised that I only had one interview, and then they hired me, but only a few months later. I thought it was a little strange that there was only one interview. I would have expected at least one more interview with other members of the team

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Online application, next stage a series of online psychometric tests powered by shl direct. The numerical test involved a lot of currency questions in table form. After passing these test proceed to assessment center at their offices which involved two activities: making a 10 minute presentation after reading material for 45 minutes and a group discussion on the same material. Next stage was a phone interview as I was living far from the office I had chosen. mainly behaviourial questions. how do you work with people who are more senior than you? Wish i could remember more, but about six questions. Staff was very friendly until my final round. And got rejection later in the next year which was annoying.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Absa.

Interview

Comprehensive investigation of individual and background checks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Subject to experience and qualifications