Aceable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Aceable

3.2

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It's a 4 step process. First they call you to make sure you're a legitimate person, second comes the email with instructions for completing a written assessment that puts you in an example role as a customer service rep along with a notification that someone will call you for a mock customer experience depending on your availability. Third is the office interview with the staff. Fourth and final, the interview with the CEO then finally making a decision afterwards. HOWEVER, because I applied for a different role with the same company earlier in the year, they did not consider me for the position. They recently dug up my old cover letter saying, "this does not align with our team values." My old cover letter says how much I would love to contribute to the team as a social media representative. THE POINT IS, make sure not to spend your time in an interview with Aceable if you already submitted for a different role. Although they noticed my other application for the other role and still moved forward with the interview process, you will find yourself dedicating 100% to applying for the position and going through all the steps (I made it right before meeting with the CEO with flying colors) and then having them tell you, "absolutely not due to an old application."

Interview Questions

• Describe to me an example of great customer service where you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Office Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied and then was emailed about a phone screen. During the phone screen I was told there would be an assignment and then an onsite interview if I moved through the process.

Interview Questions

• I got asked a lot of creative questions and I was really impressed by them! Most were related to the job but some were fun like "if you could pick one super power what would it be?"   1 Answer

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process went great. Best process I have ever experienced. Phone interview, then had a competency test where I was given a week to produce an example of work based on a prompt. that was reviewed and I was asked to come in for three rounds of interviews which lasted about 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite type of cinematic production technique?   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, there are a couple of 1:1 interviews that take place in-person. Finally, a skills test that is applicable to the role you are applying for. Everyone was very professional, friendly, and engaged in the interview process. Communication was lacking at times during the process, but they were always quick to respond to follow up requests.

Interview Questions

• What is something someone sharing a desk with you should know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

After submitting the application, I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a project. The projected consisted of 3 scenarios as it related to a customer's experience with Aceable. I passed this round and they then asked that I pick 3 questions from 6 and record a video and submit to them. I didn't pass this round.

Interview Questions

• Scenario 1

Customer: Hey, can I really dismiss my ticket with this course?   Answer Question
    • Scenario 2

Customer: Hello, I got my permit through my high school but then got sick and couldn't complete the course to get my license. My mom wants me to do the behind the wheel part with a local driving school but they wouldn't let me do that for some reason. I was wondering if I could start the Aceable course from where I left off at my high school and then transfer to the driving school after I finish with Aceable? I'm 17 years old about to be 18 in a week and I really want to get my license fast.

The above scenario has two answers. One is better than the other. Please respond with both
      answers and select the best solution for this customer. Assume the student is interested in parent taught.   Answer Question
    • Scenario 3

Customer: Hi, I just moved to Texas and my parents lost my social security card and birth certificate during the move. Can I bring a school ID and report card as my proof of identification to the DPS?You later find out that the customer has never traveled outside of the country and therefore does not have a US passport. The customer is a teen taking Aceable.   Answer Question
    • Video Questions:

1.) Which brands have you had a great customer experience with and why?

2.) What song best describes you and why?

3.) What gives you confidence?

4.) What's the hardest thing you've ever done?

5.) How would your mom describe you to others?

6.) What was the time in your life that you felt the most empowered, powerful, energized, and productive?, Describe the situation, who was involved, what you were doing, and what the end result was?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and clear. The Aceable team is friendly and professional, so the interview process was great. They clearly set out their expectations for the role, and asked challenging questions about my experience. They were honest with their answers and the conversations were engaging, rather than just one-sided.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer who is unsatisfied with their experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The complete process included:
    3-5 questions to be answered via video
    2-3 hours in the office being interviewed by different people from various teams
    3 section questionnaire regarding the product to be answered using online resources

I was offered the position within a week of doing the in office interview and asked to start immediately

Customer Experience Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aceable.

Interview

Same exact process as the other comments- an assignment with 3 questions, a recorded video of yourself answering interview questions, then you have an actual interview with three or four people.

Marketing Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I only participated in a phone interview, but it was an incredibly unpleasant experience. I'd waited over a week just to hear back from Aceable once I'd submitted my resume, and once they'd contacted me, I had to wait another three days just to get a response to cement a time. Not necessarily unreasonable, but at least a little disappointing given the glowing reputation Aceable maintains from their employees (especially when you know they are repeatedly voted as a best place to work in Austin).

After scheduling an appointment with an Aceable HR representative - keeping in mind that they agreed to this meeting as well - it sounded like the interviewer was offended, bored, and disinterested on the phone once we'd commenced over a week later. I detected absolutely no sense of excitement in their voice - a complete lack of courtesy or politeness. The entire atmosphere of the call was dead and wooden, as if I was wasting their time. Again, this can be set aside - they could be having a long day, or dealing with a personal issue, or any number of other reasonable explanations. However, being confronted with someone who projected a sense of total carelessness was disheartening, and set the interview off to a bad start. This is already well over two weeks after applying.

Once on the phone, we progressed through the normal topics - my background, why I was looking for a job, etc. I made sure to convey that I was genuinely excited and interested in the company, bolstering my enthusiasm by showing I'd made a distinct effort to research their company. I knew their core ideals, had tried out their apps, looked up their Crunchbase, and read through their site multiple times. I knew what frameworks they used - vital to the position - and explained that I was thrilled to be considered.

We then moved into the "technical" part of the interview. I use quotation marks because absolutely NONE of the questions had ANYTHING to do with the role. I made sure that "Marketing Web Developer" meant someone acting as a web applications developer, and would be working with HTML, CSS, Javascript, frameworks, and other associated technologies. In particular, Aceable is known to utilize Vue, and I'd been reading documentation on it in preparation for this phone call. However, I was asked very strange marketing-centric questions (see below). After the third time this happened, I had to ask "Is this role centered around web development, or is it focused on marketing, or is it both?" The reviewer - and again, very emotionless and seemingly annoyed with my question - said it was "definitely development," and that "you wouldn't actually do any marketing."

At this point, I wasn't sure what to think. Numerous things I'd said had gone ignored, there was no attempt by the interviewer to ask me much beyond the standard set of questions, and I'd been asked about things that even the interviewer had admitted weren't relevant to the position. I was confused, and once the interview reached its end, I again tried to explain that I was incredibly excited for this position and looked forward to continuing further. The interviewer sighed, said, "Ok well we will let you know," and ended the call.

After waiting another five days, I received a short email that said they were passing, and that was it.

I can't express the full extent of my disappointment with this entire situation. From the delays in hearing back from Aceable, to the interviewer's dismissive nonchalance, to the bizarre questions that were irrelevant to the role, I felt dejected entirely. While I know this might be unfair to suggest, it felt like the interviewer's attitude was the primary factor here - that because they didn't care and didn't want to be using their time to speak with me, they went ahead and decided against my moving forward. I know that is probably not the case - I'd be much more upset if it were - but given everything that happened, it never once felt like I was given a fair shot.

I can chalk this up to a learning experience and to the fact that Aceable surely has a working method to their design - their products are rated incredibly highly, their employees are happy, and their company is growing - but I cannot shake this unpleasant experience away from them.

It doesn't help that the position is still open over a month later, and that they continue to advertise for it on various platforms.

Interview Questions

• "What did you think of our marketing?"   1 Answer
    • "Where do you see the future of marketing going?"   1 Answer
    • "What frameworks do you like?"   1 Answer

Customer Experience Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aceable (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a writing sample. Then I had a mock customer service call and the final step was to meet with the CSX team and CEO in Austin.