Addepar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Addepar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Deployment Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me thru linkedin. it took nearly 5 days, got call from them regarding interview and it was scheduled, it was structured interview, phone screen taken by another deployment manager

Interview Questions

Addepar Response

Mar 27, 2017 – VP, People

Thank you for your feedback. Anything further as to why you thought the experience was neutral?

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

To begin with, the process was fairly routine and went smoothly. The initial phone screen with HR was easy and led to a second phone screen within a week. The second person who interviewed me was professional, polite, and asked the standard questions for technical writing interviews. Unfortunately, Addepar seems uninterested in filling the role. They eventually sent me a rejection letter stating they had decided to hire another candidate. This was obviously misleading since as of this day the role remains unfilled. I recently met another applicant who encountered the very same issue with them regarding a different job. Human Resources should exercise better judgment when responding to job applicants and avoid creating confusion.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to the job?   1 Answer

Deployment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had three phone calls followed up by an in person interview on site. The interviewers I spoke with were all very friendly and willing to answer my numerous questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me at your current age how you would set up your diversified portfolio with accompanying percentages?   Answer Question

Mar 27, 2017 – VP, People

Thank you for the feedback. Glad you interview process went well and you accepted our offer!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Applied online, contacted for a first round phone interview in mid-October. Interview was scheduled for early November. During the interview, I easily passed the question and the interviewer complimented my performance as being better than most other people. Got a rejection email a few days later saying that it was a tough decision but they had decided to not move forward. Still very puzzled about their decision, and they wouldn't provide feedback either.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Four days later, I did a phone interview, which was a standard first interview that I don’t remember much about. I was invited to interview on campus two weeks later, and they scheduled my in-person interview a week after that. All in all it took less than a month from when I applied online until I received my interview results. I appreciate that they hustled.

The onsite interview was a kinetic day where they wanted demonstrations of my capabilities. It started with a 30-minute product demonstration, then five 45-minute sessions where I wrote new feature documentation, edited UI text, translated bug fixes into everyday language, and edited with another technical writer.

Here’s what they did right: I liked their kinetic approach. You can’t tell a lot about how people work just by asking them questions, so I was happy to demonstrate my professional abilities. They also had good, ergonomic chairs and sit-stand desks for every employee. They had all kinds of free drinks and lunch was catered. They even had mouthwash in the restrooms. I got the impression the company cares about their people’s needs.

Here’s where they could improve: They seemed disorganized. I didn’t have a good sense of when an interview was supposed to start and when it was supposed to end. I prefer punctual meetings with a clear start and end time. I wish they built breaks into my schedule. I could take a bathroom break between interviews, but I would have to excuse myself while the interviewer waited, which was awkward. I had to answer "tell me about your current role" for every single one of my interviewers. I could tell they were still working out the role of a technical writer in their organization. Everyone here seemed young (40 or under). Hire some old timers because they have good ideas too.

Interview Questions

• How would you rewrite this error message?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve existing help for this feature?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to align conflicting interests from multiple departments when writing documentation?   Answer Question

Backend Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

the interviewer first ask me to describe my project in my resume. and quickly move on to next step: coding challenge as i provide below.
    I had no idea at that time and also can't understand the hint provided. The interviewer was upset and terminated the interview after 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• given a 3*3 matrix filling by unique numbers from 1 to 9. You can only switch 9 with 9's up/down/left/right neighbours. Each switch is counted as a step.
      Question: what's the minimum number of steps to reach the state that the matrix is like
      1 2 3
      4 5 6
      7 8 9
      Answer Question

Oct 13, 2016 – VP, People

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your interview experience. I am sorry to hear your interview ended quickly. I'd like to be able to give feedback to that interviewer. If you would be so kind ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) First round phone interview (collabedit)
    2) Second round phone interview (collabedit)
    3) Onsite (five 1-on-1):
    a) design (whiteboard)
    b) algorithm (whiteboard)
    c) algorithm (coding on laptop)
    d) debugging (coding on laptop
    e) refactoring (coding on laptop)

Recruiters were very professional, booked travel & hotel for me, and generally smooth process.

Turnaround time was on the slow side (took weeks to get each subsequent round scheduled) however.

Interview Questions

Addepar Response

Oct 25, 2016 – VP, People

I'm glad you had a positive experience with us.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a day to set up an initial phone screen. After that I had another call with a member of the team and was then invited to an on-site interview. The interview lasted about five hours, including lunch and a product demo. I was able to speak with most of the members on the team and was interviewed on technical skills, finance knowledge, as well as behavioral based questions. As a start-up, there was a lot of interaction with other team members to most likely assess fit with the culture. Shortly afterwards, I was informed of their decision.

Interview Questions

Addepar Response

Oct 31, 2016 – VP, People

Glad you had a great experience and accepted our offer!

Client Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn for a first interview. It was a phone interview to assess your life plans within 5 years and get to you better, no technical questions. On the second round, I was interviewed on the phone by someone in the Client Support team and he asked more technical questions. He was very dry and intimidating over the phone, it felt as if he wasn't even listening.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in early October for the role of Product Designer in NYC and the recruiter got back to me in mid-October. There were a total of 4-5 interview rounds, about the same as the other SF startups.
    1) Phone screening with HR
    2) Portfolio review with a UX designer
    3) Design challenge (to be completed within 1 week), present design to Design Manager and a PM
    4) 9-hour SF On-site interview
    5) ? NYC On-site interview

All of the interviewers were extremely helpful and professional! The interview process was long but the recruiters were responsive and definitely made the entire experience manageable.