Addison Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Addison Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Addison Group.

Interview

2 part interview 30min then a 6hr day. Overall got a good vibe of the office and team. They test your phone skills and how you handle awkward conversations. They take you to lunch and debrief the day on the 2nd round.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Addison Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

Hiring began with a preliminary phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. After the phone interview I was invited to come in for my first interview. The interview consisted of meeting the managers of 3 different recruiting divisions within Addison Group and lasted about 3.5 hours. I was asked about previous job experience, past accomplishments, and personality questions. At the end of the first interview I was asked which division I would prefer to be apart of, and after explaining my decision I was invited for a second interview with my choice of division’s managers. The second Interview lasted about 3 hours which involved speaking with my Manager and the direct hire manager and also getting to know my future team to see if I connected well with them. After I left I received a call explaining they would like to extend an offer in which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Addison Group (The Colony, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview followed by an in person interview. The process was really strange in that there were no questions and only consisted of work history review just as one of the prior reviewers said, a waste of time. There were no behavioral questions or any questions asked that were different from the phone interview. It was just a conversation about work history both times. I was told that someone would be in touch with me after the in person interview and it has now been almost 3 weeks and I've heard nothing. Meanwhile I have had several interviews and within a week heard back from most of them and am waiting on three offers to come in over the weekend for 3 other companies that I started the interviewing process with last week. Needless to say I would not consider Addison Group after this experience even if I did get an offer due to their lack of follow up. After taking the time to come in for an in person interview they should be at least calling or emailing when they say they will with a status update.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Addison Group in September 2017.

Interview

Was called on the phone by Kenny Carney and scheduled for an in person interview. The interview went very smooth. He talked about a few BIG companies that he thought would fit my background. I emailed to say thank you after interview and followed up, but he never replied. Called later to follow up, he said he was waiting to hear back. But a few days later , no reply and he never picked up the phone any more. The more I think of the whole process the more I realize that there is perhaps no position as he said. Total waste of your time. If you are seriously looking for jobs, avoid them, especially Kenny.
    Even if I hear back I will decline it. They are not professional at all.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

Before an actually interview there was a phone screening with the recruiter. Then the first meeting was with two of the three managers in the sector I was going to recruit for. The second was an hour shadowing where I was supposed to meet the other manager.

One issue was that they kept having an issue scheduling, shifted me around a couple times to other departments to interview for, and then when I shadowed, no manager was on site, all three were gone. Supposedly they made their decision after I shadowed even though no manager spoke with me the whole time. A bit disjointed and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Where do I want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was lengthly met with 3 executives the first day and was asked about a range of topics. Some of the questions seemed outside the realm of your typical interview questions although still appropriate.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email from their internal recruiter, Brian Poole, to schedule my first screening with him in regards to a recruiting position in Dallas, Tx. I gave him several times that I would be available within the next couple of days. He selected 11:30 a,m. on Friday and I asked how long the screening would take since I have a 12 noon lunch appt. He said anywhere from 20 to 25 mins and that he would call me earlier if his call before me ended sooner. I cancelled my lunch appt to make sure that I had enough time for his call. It was 11:31 and I had 2 calls come in at the same time, with one of them showing as "unknown". Of course I grabbed this call right away since it was already after 11:31. I thought that it would be the recruiter (Brian Poole). It was another recruiter calling me. I told that recruiter right away that I was expecting another call and that I had to hang up so that I did not miss this call. Of course, Brian calls me during this time and I hung up with this other recruiter right away. I called Brian back at 11:32 a.m. and the receptionist told me that he was busy. I explained to her that I had a scheduled slot with him to speak with him about a recruiting position with the Addison Group. She put me on hold again to let him know that it was me. She came back and said that he told her to tell me that he was busy on the phone with another candidate and to email him to reschedule. I couldn't believe it! I emailed him and told him that I was available and to please call me back since I really did not want to reschedule. I would have thought that he had this time already allotted for our call. He responded several mins later and said that since I did not pick up his call that he took another call from another candidate; and since I did not want to reschedule with him he wished me luck in my career search. I was surprised at his response via email to say the least. It proved lack of respect for my time and schedule. I felt that he thought that his time was more valuable than my time.
     It's unfortunate that one person can give a company a bad reputation!

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview for 12:30pm with Brian Poole after applying through LinkedIn. Everything was set in stone, 15 minutes past agreed time I called into the office to try and get a hold of him only to be told he is "unavailable at this time" by a very rude female. Was screened to his voicemail, would not recommend applying with this company as they are unprofessional.

Museum Assistant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very nice, we talked about my history and what I was looking for. It took about 20 minutes. We went over my background and skills, the schedule, and when I was available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Are you aware of the pay and requirements?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Addison Group in May 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He then told me to email him and he would direct me to the HR department. I emailed with a woman from HR and she wanted to set up an interview with the head of HR. When I told her my availability she never got back to me. Finally, two months later I got a response and spoke to the head of HR.