Addison Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Addison Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was lengthly met with 3 executives the first day and was asked about a range of topics. Some of the questions seemed outside the realm of your typical interview questions although still appropriate.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email from their internal recruiter, Brian Poole, to schedule my first screening with him in regards to a recruiting position in Dallas, Tx. I gave him several times that I would be available within the next couple of days. He selected 11:30 a,m. on Friday and I asked how long the screening would take since I have a 12 noon lunch appt. He said anywhere from 20 to 25 mins and that he would call me earlier if his call before me ended sooner. I cancelled my lunch appt to make sure that I had enough time for his call. It was 11:31 and I had 2 calls come in at the same time, with one of them showing as "unknown". Of course I grabbed this call right away since it was already after 11:31. I thought that it would be the recruiter (Brian Poole). It was another recruiter calling me. I told that recruiter right away that I was expecting another call and that I had to hang up so that I did not miss this call. Of course, Brian calls me during this time and I hung up with this other recruiter right away. I called Brian back at 11:32 a.m. and the receptionist told me that he was busy. I explained to her that I had a scheduled slot with him to speak with him about a recruiting position with the Addison Group. She put me on hold again to let him know that it was me. She came back and said that he told her to tell me that he was busy on the phone with another candidate and to email him to reschedule. I couldn't believe it! I emailed him and told him that I was available and to please call me back since I really did not want to reschedule. I would have thought that he had this time already allotted for our call. He responded several mins later and said that since I did not pick up his call that he took another call from another candidate; and since I did not want to reschedule with him he wished me luck in my career search. I was surprised at his response via email to say the least. It proved lack of respect for my time and schedule. I felt that he thought that his time was more valuable than my time.
     It's unfortunate that one person can give a company a bad reputation!

Law Firm Document Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Addison Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a cold call (email, actually) from an Addison Group recruiter. She indicated she was impressed with my education and my work experience. We agreed to do a phone interview. She did not call me at the appointed time, indicating when she did call me (more than 30 minutes late) that she was in a meeting that ran late.

She claimed to have reviewed my online profile thoroughly, yet she wanted me to tell her the same information over the phone. I got the impression she had not reviewed my information as completely as she indicated. I quickly ended the conversation, indicating that I did not want to proceed.

I certainly don't want someone who indicates they've done their homework (but doesn't appear to be prepared) representing me to potential employers.

Note: The recruiter called from Schaumburg. She works in both the Schaumburg and Chicago Addison Group offices. I am located in Chicago. She called about a job located in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to tell her the information she claimed to have already reviewed.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Scheduled an interview for 12:30pm with Brian Poole after applying through LinkedIn. Everything was set in stone, 15 minutes past agreed time I called into the office to try and get a hold of him only to be told he is "unavailable at this time" by a very rude female. Was screened to his voicemail, would not recommend applying with this company as they are unprofessional.

Museum Assistant (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very nice, we talked about my history and what I was looking for. It took about 20 minutes. We went over my background and skills, the schedule, and when I was available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Are you aware of the pay and requirements?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Addison Group in May 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He then told me to email him and he would direct me to the HR department. I emailed with a woman from HR and she wanted to set up an interview with the head of HR. When I told her my availability she never got back to me. Finally, two months later I got a response and spoke to the head of HR.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Addison Group in April 2017.

Interview

After applying to this position on LinkedIn, a recruiter reached out and we scheduled an interview for a few days later. When the scheduled time arrived, I never got a call and never received a follow up email letting me know that they were no longer interested in considering me as a candidate.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addison Group in April 2017.

Interview

Intial pre-screen. Very informative and helpful. Talked a lot about the company and what they are about. Asked if it would be something I am interested in. Asked a little more about me and got to know me more

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Addison Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview isn't too bad. It pretty quick. Submitted resume to recruiter, take a personality test on line. Follow up phone call with corporate recruiter, sends resume to contact for next steps. Phone interview with VP of department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Addison Group (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn then recruiter reached out. From there took an assessment test. Which was very simple. Then was asked to come in for in-person interview. The interview was with 2 upper level employees. The questions were somewhat in a sense as if I applied for senior level position vs entry level. I walked away feeling as if I was being drilled and needed to come from a role that was identical instead of having "transferable" skills. He stated in the interview that my current company was different. Which is clearly understandable. No two companies are the same.Needless to say the recruiter that initially reached out to me never reached back out.I saw on LinkedIn were the position was back open when I was ready to follow up. He told me that he called me not once but twice to inform me I didn't get the offer and left a voicemail. I received none. The way this company treated me was bogus. No one calls you twice to tell you didn't get the job. So I'm certainly positive he never followed up.