Addison Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Thomas B. Moran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cons as I really enjoyed working through them (in 5 reviews)

• Small back office not much room for growth (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment. Many promotions within the company, it is rare to see anyone in a management position that did not start out as a recruiter or business development position. Friendly competition. You honestly get out what you put in.

Cons

Nothing really, my commute isn't great, but could equally be a con as to where my house is.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive reinforcement up!

Apr 20, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for your thorough and fair review. Addison Group genuinely appreciates the hard work of all employees and values their feedback and advice. As the organization continues to grow and open... More

2. "Great place to start your career!"

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Obtain a great foundation for your next career move. Easy company to work for.

Cons

The benefits are not great. High out of pocket costs and terrible coverage. Also, no work from home options or flex time available. Unfortunately, this was a big factor for me and played into why I left the company.

Advice to Management

Please figure out your identity..

If you want to be a young-fun-hip company, then maybe offer benefits that cater to the younger generations i.e. flex-time? The culture felt confused.

May 8, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you felt it was time to move on but are glad you enjoyed your time at Addison Group. Each year we review our benefits to ensure... More

3. "Accountant"

I have been working at Addison Group full-time

Pros

The salary and parking are really good.

Cons

not enough bonuses and fringe benefits

Apr 23, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We do offer fringe benefits such as gym membership, mobile phone and car rental discounts and are currently creating a process to better communicate... More

"Basically the movie Mean Girls"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free alcohol
    Cornhole
    Great hours
    Free booze
    Free outings

Cons

Literally a sorority and frat house.
    Managers sleeping with employees
    Managers choosing favorites and manipulating senior management.
    Managers lying about employees that aren’t even theirs to get them fired.
    An absolutely toxic environment filled with trash low life individuals who thrive on bullying and exclusivity. Half the office is a bunch of mean girls who work together to run off hardworking people that can succeed if given a positive environment.

Advice to Management

You have already burnt through several managers in these offices. Maybe it isn’t the people you are losing but the people who are staying who are the problem.

5. "Internal Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard, play hard mentality. No expierence needed.

Cons

No room for growth, very cut throat, high stress, high employee turn over.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

"It's a love/hate relationship"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Addison Group is like that bad boy boyfriend you need to dump, but you stay with him because you love him...and you hate that. Its a love/hate relationship.

It's a work hard/play hard type of environment. You get paid for what you produce and you are compensated well. Benefits are costly (typical in staffing). Most senior Management are really great and care about employees. GREAT training! Room for growth- senior leadership is always open to chat and help. Always do the right thing for candidates/clients.

Cons

You work with strong, type A people who have a lot of freedom. It's exhausting to work on a team at times, communication is often unprofessional. Top producers, sensitive people, people with high tempers, ect. are given a free pass and leave others frustrated. This causes high turnover.

I have been yelled at, witnessed sales people throw things , people come back from lunch drunk, and other team members yelling at each other in the office. This does not happen every day, but multiple times a month. How are these things not addressed?

Advice to Management

Have better boundaries and expectations for everyone. We are all adults and unprofessional behavior should not be tolerated. We do a lot of things right, have amazing people, but we miss the mark in some key areas. I think people should be educated on the good and the bad so I was brutally honest with my review.

Training and communication with internal promotions is awesome. Might need more training to manage teams and have harsher or some type of consequences for inappropriate behavior.

Apr 24, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Addison Group takes the concerns mentioned seriously and does not condone unprofessional behavior. We want to provide a corporate culture where our... More

7. "If you are looking for a career apply at Addison"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, if you work hard you are definitely rewarded for it. Management is always there to lean on if you need any kind of help or are struggling. They are also very flexible if you need time off or have any kind of appointments!!!

If you are looking for a family environment this is definitely the place to be :)

Cons

Pay check is not consistent because it's staffing

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 19, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for your 3 years of hard work! Our base salaries range from office to office based on cost of living. While staffing is a commissions-based industry, we provide a competitive... More

8. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office environment! It is a work hard play hard kind of place. You will have times where it is more difficult than others, but the management team that is in place will support you 100% through it and work with you to make sure you get on the right track. The company as a whole has a vision and it is refreshing to know that you are a part of that vision. The banter throughout the entire branch is awesome. You will definitely laugh multiple times a day! Learning and Development has really taken off as they have put a big emphasis on improving it and giving new employees the help they need to be successful.

Cons

The ups and downs of the staffing world honestly. Like i previously mentioned though the management team helps you through those tough times.

Apr 5, 2018 – Director of HR

We appreciate your time in posting about your experience at Addison. Our Learning and Development team is continually creating new trainings and fun ways to engage employees to support them on their... More

9. "Addison Group"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Addison Group (More than a year)

Pros

-Amazing culture (Happy Hours, outside team building actives, Group office activities, Company parties, ect.)
    -Great 1st year bonus structure.
    -Tons of growth and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

-Ramp up time can be long but as long as you stay positive and meet your activity goals everything will start coming together $$.
    -Candidate control/Client Control can be stressful. (Need to be able to move on and not dwell on what you can't control otherwise it will eat you alive.)

Advice to Management

Keep team motivated and positive even when times are hard.

Apr 5, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for leaving a review. You have great advice on how to deal with the downsides of the industry. Staffing does have an ebb and flow and Addison Group tries hard to provide employees with the... More

10. "Career with Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Addison shows you the possibility of growth opportunities from the beginning. They put a plan in place to help you hit your goals. The mentality is work hard and play hard. There are always ongoing trainings that are available to you throughout your time here .They have a stable foundation, and show you what proven performers have done in order to achieve there goals.

Cons

The cons would be the fact that we work in staffing. Candidates will quit your jobs from time to time without any notice. You have to have a short memory and move forward.

Advice to Management

Doing the same thing we have now. Keeping a positive environment with the realization that there will be good days and bad days. Supporting the team throughout

Mar 19, 2018 – Director of HR

We are happy to hear you feel you Addison Group has provided a foundation for you to grow your career with us. We want to set our employees up to succeed, so we invest heavily in our Learning and... More