Addison Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Thomas B. Moran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cons as I really enjoyed working through them (in 5 reviews)

• you can only move up in this company if you're in bed with upper management (literally) (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Absolutely amazing culture which resonates from CEO downward. Great executive team that fosters an environment of teamwork and collaboration.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. Keep doing what you guys are doing. Will definitely update as needed.

Advice to Management

While we are seeing continued growth, hold on to the culture and ensure that does not change.

2. "From a 5 Year Employee.."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Communicative on growth opportunities from inception
    -Addison Group invests in employees who invest in Addison Group. The staffing industry is not for the faint of heart, but if you show up, respect the grind, and put the work in, Addison Group will invest in you.
    -Addison Group invests in Addison Group: our CEO hired a top consulting group to evaluate company culture. After a 75% survey response rate, the findings were that 90% of the company approves of our culture. The average sales organization receives a 40-50% approval rating from internal employees. Guess what? There is still work being done from the top down to make the company even stronger.
    -The environment is conducive to those who have no ceiling to their work ethic.
    -The way we are trained always puts people before process. This goes for candidates, clients, and internal employees. It's meaningful to work for a company that keeps the 'human' at the forefront and executes such on a daily basis.
    -Compensation. Addison Group doesn't skimp around on commission structure or bonus payouts - the work ethic pays off here because there is no ceiling to earnings, and base / commission is paid out weekly.
    -Solid leadership foundation with high standards and a true dedication to the employees of Addison Group
    - Learning and Development department is truly on top of their game. This helps bring structure and understanding to new hires, and continued education for tenured employees.
    -Team environment - this goes back to people before process aspect of Addison Group. The 'cut throat' mentality has no room on these teams. There are standardized guidelines to promote a team atmosphere where individual success translates to team success.

Cons

-This industry is not for everyone, and often those who leave Addison Group leave the industry all together.
    -The first 6 months are the hardest. Like any sales-related job, it is a grind and sometimes stragglers get lost in the hard work. As a manager, I find that those who trust our process generally make it through and are empowered by their hard work and personal success.
    -Doing the bare minimum will often result in a negative experience - there are high expectations at Addison Group for self motivation.
    -We are in the staffing industry and sometimes everything is done the right way and things still go wrong. Thick skin is imperative and resilience is a key characteristic you will build from day one.

3. "Very Professional"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Benefits, 401k, Very consistent internal recruiters

Cons

I don't have anything negative thing to say about this company.

"A Waste of Time and Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Addison Group full-time

Pros

Minimal effort required to get the job done. Office is close to the metra. Office is modern. They have a coffee machine.

Cons

Management is UNPROFESSIONAL. Office has ZERO diversity. The pay and commission structure they tell you is most likely false, as goes for any company with a commission structure - you never make what they tell you you’re going to make. ($60-70k for recruiting? No way!!)

Advice to Management

If you’re going to have a candidate interview FOUR times AND spend a day at the office job shadowing, the LEAST you could do is INFORM them that they didn’t get the position for whatever reason. The fact that they also had the AUDACITY to put my resume in their candidate profile system to find me a job. Yes, I didn’t hear back from management but I heard back from an employee about a position they thought I’d be a “great fit for” - what a joke.

At the end of the day it leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company and its employees. I will tell everyone I know this story and tell them if they ever come across Addison Group to never work for or with them because I can reference better employment agencies that I know friends work for.

"Think twice."

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looking for a party? You found it. Great first job for someone right out of college looking to gain work experience.

Cons

Everything. Too many to name. If you can work somewhere else then do it. Choose Addison Group if it is your only option.

Advice to Management

Nothing. They are too far gone.

"Recruiter"

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot of essential life skills such as defending your own decisions, having difficult conversations with people, and managing your own time. If you want to find out a lot about yourself very quickly, this is the place to do it.

Cons

Money doesn’t buy happiness, always remember that. Just because you are hitting your numbers and receiving a commission check DOES NOT mean you will be happy. Going to management with advice or looking for change is a waste of your breath, they will tell you what you want to hear until the cows come home but there is very rarely any legitimate action. This is also a great place if you constantly want to feel deflated. As soon as you think you have caught some wind in your sails, someone in upper management will come through and challenge every decision you have made. Regardless of if you fill jobs or not, they will make sure you understand there is ALWAYS something more that can be done, because, as they will tell you multiple times, recruiters at other companies work 75-80 per week (which is a gross generalization).

Advice to Management

Value your employees and understand that recruiting is a difficult business. If you hire an employee you should have faith in what they’re doing rather than constantly asking for me. Good recruiters/ BDMS are few and far between. A vast majority of managers in this company onlyunderstand how good they have it until those employees are halfway out the door.

Jan 16, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Addison Group. Management wants their teams to succeed and encourages their team members to think... More

"Former recruiter"

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you’ve just graduated college and have zero work experience, they’ll hire you and fill you with booze and empty promises to make up for your grossly under market salary.

Cons

Too many to count. First off, this company has a cult-like, sorority/fraternity atmosphere. Drinking culture is encouraged/forced on new hires, which lures in the new college grads. Maybe they should ask why the majority of the company is under 30? If you enjoy getting groped by a senior leader at a holiday party, this is the place for you, HR turns a blind eye to anything that happens if it involves the higher ups. They’ll tell you that you’re getting a competitive salary, but take a look at what other firms pay. These people will cut any corner to make a buck, they don’t care about their internal employees and care even less about the people they recruit. Stay away!

Jan 18, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The inappropriate behavior you mention is concerning. We have a zero tolerance for this behavior and we take these concerns very seriously. We... More

"STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

occasional free lunches, you get to drink in the office but that gets old after a while, you'll gain great time management skills

Cons

all i have to say is LOL! - this office is a joke. the first 8 months at Addison Group were wonderful! business was booming, boss was extremely supportive and positive. made some great friends and OK money. then, people started leaving and management went from good to awful. i was asked very inappropriate questions by certain upper management individuals that made me feel quite uncomfortable at times. management will also turn heads when you have something to say or ask and pretend you don't exist. however, they'll always come back to you when it's convenient for them.

it's uplifting to be in a work environment with intelligent people who uplift you, but at this office there wasn't one in sight. AG can't retain anyone on the team and the new people on the team quickly see what is really happening. and good luck getting promoted, it'll never happen. this company, especially this office, will do absolutely nothing to contribute to the success of your career. i HIGHLY advise anyone reading this to stay away. unless you want to be miserable!

Advice to Management

open your eyes

Jan 16, 2018 – Director of HR

We have a zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and we take these concerns very seriously. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected... More

"Shady business"

I worked at Addison Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

paid for happy hours/ dinners, celebrate successes, get your foot wet into the recruiting world, make some great friends, gain some great time management skills

Cons

- hours are way too long for how low the pay is
    - upper management is not at all helpful when asking for their advice
    - you can only move up in this company if you're in bed with upper management (literally)
    - most of upper management will lie to you to get ahead or get their own way
    - most offices are going downhill FAST

Advice to Management

- don't promote a BDM to a branch manager if they show no leadership skills/are extremely under qualified for this role. this not only hurts the office but the entire business
    - warning to anyone considering Addison group: DON'T!

Dec 13, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback as a former employee. Addison Group's base salaries range from office to office based on cost of living. While staffing is a commissions-based... More

10. "Work hard play hard mentality. If you’re outgoing and like to meet new people then this is the place to work."

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun work environment, the managers are very understanding and give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Managers train well and don’t micro manage like many staffing firms are known to do.

Flex hours are available

Cons

PTO is basic but not the worst and health benefits are a bit pricey for a couple.

Although a reserved parking spot is only $15 a week, parking should be provided contingent.

Advice to Management

Include newer employees in some of your job orders and projects.

Dec 13, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience at Addison Group. We take feedback to heart and use it to improve when possible. If you would... More