Adlucent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adlucent Interview Questions

3.8

SEM Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent.

Interview

Exhaustive process for a mediocre salary.

A) 2 online assessments (15 min each or so)
    B) In-person interview
    C) 1-2 hour long logic test on site
    D) 5-6 hour long take home assignment
    E) In-person interview(s)

Interview Questions

• Create a Google Adwords campaign with 40-50 keywords and at least 5 ad groups for blahblah.com. Provide settings, bids, and budgets etc.   Answer Question

Market Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adlucent.

Interview

Phone interview, take home assignment, interview with marketing director and marketing team(two 45 minute sessions), a final interview with head of sales and CFO(this dude was brutal). Communication with HR was troublesome, even with constant follow ups they "forget" or don't respond, sometimes even with good news.

Interview Questions

• General Marketing/lead gen scenarios. Take home assignment was essentially two scenarios testing your communication over tech(cold calls/email marketing) and in person (trade show interaction)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Brutal. Logic exam, 15 minute interview. Take home test. 2 hour long in person interviews. Overall it was tough but definitely rewarding if you make it to final rounds even without offer. One shining side to it was everyone I talked to was very nice and helpful, clearly a leader in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First part is easy enough, just fill out an online survey and answer a few softball questions to make sure you're not a complete dummy. You'll more than likely get an email back saying that they've carefully considered you, and would like you to come in and take a 1-1.5 hour logic test. You'll probably start feeling pretty good about yourself if you pass that, and then get their 6-8 hour take home assignment. This is when things really get hazy. I'm sure the hiring process is strict on purpose, because they want to minimize any sort of risk with bringing new people on board, and want to make sure they're a good fit right off that bat. You're probably going to dig pretty hard to figure out everything this take home test asks, especially if your have no experience prior to doing this test. The most frustrating thing is that all of these questions could easily be cleared up in training, but in the age of hard number crunching and minimizing risk for bringing new employees on board, you're just another number in this case. So, make sure the answers they're looking for are right, because you sure won't know what their looking for on the rubric you can't see.

Interview Questions

• Standard job aptitude test questions where you must figure out the "rule" before you know the answer to the logic question. Until you get the take home assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

A ridiculously time and labor-intensive hiring process:

1. 100-question personality test just to apply.
    2. Come in for an untimed logic test (takes about 60-90 min), but nobody really wants to talk to you yet (business casual)
    3. Take-home assignment (i.e. homework) involving word problems and lots of research. Be ready to commit most of your weekend.
    4. almost 3 hours of phone interviews (short one with culture team, long one with hiring manager)
    5. two 1-hour interviews in the office (one with a department manager, one with CEO and some other executive)

The entire interview process took over a month for me to get a rejection.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Involves many tests and multiple rounds of interviews. Be prepared for the first person interview, as it involves a personality screen and then testing. Know a few things about Adlucent for this part. Overall, it is a long process, but you meet with many people in the company and can get a good feel for what it would be like to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

During my interview process with Adlucent, I took 3 different assessments and met zero employees or interviewers. There was a personality test with the online interview, then I had to come in and take an 1.5 hour long logic test, which was followed by a 6 hour long take home test. The position I applied to was an entry level position, which required no previous experience with SEO marketing, Adwords or Google Analytics. However, I think this was probably not the case. The take home test was about 15 questions long and they were all about google adwords and analytics. I had to look up all the answers... I had no idea what I was doing and I was honestly just trying to do the best I could without having any previous experience with that stuff. I'm guessing it wasn't good enough because I didn't make it past that stage.

It was extremely, extremely annoying to dedicate about 2 weeks of my time to this interview, only to be told in a cold email that I was not a good fit. I mean I never even got to speak to anyone at the company. I also got zero feedback on my work, which was frustrating as I put a lot of effort into it. It wouldn't have felt like such a waste of time if I could have had some feedback on my exam so I could have learned something at least. If you're going to treat your applicants like students, in return you should treat them as a teacher and provide them with feedback and ways to grow.

Interview Questions

• Questions that required specific knowledge and lots of experience about Google Analytics. This is not an entry level position, contrary to what the job description says.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adlucent (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail to come in for the screening and was given two time slots to choose from for Friday that week. I was unable to come in that day and immediately received a response that no other times are available and my e-mail will be kept on file. I found that odd. I responded expressing my interest in hopes that scheduling conflicts will not hinder my opportunity at the company. A week later, the recruiter let me know another day was available and the time was more flexible. I went in and was immediately handed a 9 question logic assessment, with 2 bonus questions. Upon completion, the recruiter/HR told me if I passed I would need to complete a 6-12 hour assessment. This was without any conversation about myself, my experience, or opportunity to ask questions about the company. As I suspected, I didn't pass the exam. I have never been good at "If Sally ate 3 tacos, how many tacos did Ben eat" type questions, so I knew my chances were slim. I'm overall very discouraged by the fact that this company would exclude a qualified candidate for this reason alone. I was even more discouraged when I found out they require such a lengthy assessment, without any conversational interviews. My resume lines up well with this position and I feel I would have been a great fit, had I been given an opportunity more relevant to the position. This process gives the company an arrogant demeanor which doesn't seem to match the advertised culture. I recommend taking this into consideration before you take time off of your current job to move forward with this interview process.

Search Engine Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adlucent.

Interview

Apply online - fill out an application, take an IQ test
    HR calls and then books you an appointment with the People & Culture team for two weeks out where they interview you (and several others back to back) for about 15 minutes (out in the open may I add *not very professional*). You then go into a room with a proctor where you have to take another little exam without a calculator or use any outside source. You also share this same room with all the other people who are interviewing too. These questions take about an hr or so to finish.
    You then have to do a weekend assignment...

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Initial interview was an HR screen, which was fine. One of the interviewers was very knowledgeable about Cormac McCarthy, which is impressive.

Then I received their "take home test."

Question 1 was a Bernouilli Test question. It rarely comes up for me, so I had to dust off a textbook. No big deal.

Question 2 involved a triple- or quadruple-pivoted time-series dataset (a pain to unpivot and analyze) and then, and I hope that I remember this correctly, they asked for a SINGLE PREDICTION AT t (x+1). Are you kidding me?? Time Series analysis is a pain as-it-is, and then you're evaluating prediction error on a single observation? Lame.

Question #2 could have been the entire test, but there was more.

After 8 hours of answering the questions as a Data Scientist should (cautiously, in my opinion), I decided to cut my losses and prepare for my next interview.

It was an eye-opening experience (I'm new to online ad data), and it was helpful to learn. But I found the test excessive, and its heart in the wrong place.

For whatever it's worth. Overall, I remember things positively.

Interview Questions

• Predict a single observation of a 100 point Time Series.   1 Answer