Adlucent Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Michael Griffin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Pros

I really enjoyed working here

Cons

Can be busy at times

2. "Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Adlucent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thorough training program, lots of responsibility for an entry level role, and you get to work with incredibly smart people.

Cons

Unless you just love paid search, excel, and analysis, you can get burnt out by doing the same or similar work every day.

"Acct. Mgr"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Adlucent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big emphasis on culture. Good perks. Smart people.

Cons

Employees weren't given the same opportunities to grow due to senior management politics.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with/pay attention to Senior Acct Mgr/Acct Mgr relationships.

"Fun, Challenging Work Environment With Plenty Of Opportunities for Growth"

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While a relatively new Adlucite, I can easily say this is the best job I've ever had. The application process is challenging and long; if you don't like problem solving or puzzles, you probably won't enjoy the interview process or, naturally, the job itself. But if that sounds like your thing, I highly encourage you to apply. That being said, employing such an arduous application process has successfully created an environment of like-minded, hard working people. Adlucent fosters a thirst for challenge, growth, and being "better every day" (the Adlucent motto).

Once hired, all newbs are taken through a 4 week boot camp. This is a good opportunity to get your feet wet, learn, and get comfortable in your new role. While I was completely new to the paid search world, I felt completely prepared once I was unleashed into the wild.

Aside from the easy-going atmosphere, Adlucent offers a laundry list of perks. The balance day program (better known as an unlimited vacation policy) and the remote work policy make it easy to take vacations, go on that sabbatical you've always dreamed of, or just deal with something personal. Aside from that, Happy Hours are abound, the kitchen is always stocked with food, coffee (really good coffee), and tea. Every time the company acquires a new account, everyone gets champagne (at Tuesday around noon). Every day is bring your dog to work day and you can wear pretty much WHATEVER you want.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of Adlucent is the company's transparency. The CEO talks to Adlucites like family; nothing feels hidden or secret. All questions, even the hard ones, are fair game. People and Culture (the "HR" department) is always eager to hear honest feedback and tries to create the most utilitarian environment possible, from stocking the kitchen to suit everyone's tastes, to getting input on events. The promotion scale is clearly laid out and you can move at your own pace. At each level, you are given a list of skills and a general expectation of what level of each you need to reach before movin' on up. There are also plenty of opportunities to merge into other fields.

Finally, Adlucent cares. The company invests a lot of time and effort into employees and, as a result, truly wants to see everyone succeed and do well. If you mess up, it's an opportunity for learning, not a threat to potentially lose your job. Everyone is always willing to teach you something, and willing to listen if you have something to teach them. Sharing information, ideas, and positive feedback is the Adlucent way.

Cons

Sometimes it's cold in the office. Sometimes the coffee pot is empty and all I want is coffee now. Once I had a pretty stressful day. I really can't think of anything less trivial.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and, as the company grows, don't let culture suffer!

5. "Adlucent is hands-down the best company I've worked for (and no one else comes close)."

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adlucites in general are young, friendly, brilliant, energetic people. The company fosters a culture of autonomy and treats you as a respected, valuable asset. The hiring process is extremely challenging and quite selective, so be ready to prove yourself. I'm typically skeptical when companies advertise a lot of great perks and fun culture on their website, but I've been pleasantly surprised to find that what they advertise is what you get (well-stocked kitchen, happy hours, dogs in the office, super flexible work hours, no dress code, social events, the whole nine yards). The senior management is solid and the company is transparent with us from day one. The CEO is seriously outstanding and very approachable. I haven't been with the company for a long time, but the company seems to be heading in the right direction. The core of the Adlucent experience is complex problem solving (at least in my department). If you enjoy that sort of thing, I recommend that you apply.

Cons

I'd love to give you a juicy con or two, but I really don't have any. If you're unable or unwilling to take initiative and work through complex challenges, don't bother applying. If you need someone to lead you by the hand and tell you exactly how to complete tasks, this also is not going to be a great fit for you.

Advice to Management

Keep things sailing smoothly.

"Adlucent has created a work-environment / culture that other companies can learn from"

Current Employee - Production Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Production Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros: Flexible work hours, work-from-home options, incredible benefits, in-depth training and a very down to earth and approachable leadership team.
    Adlucent has crafted a work environment that makes me look forward to coming in to work everyday.

Cons

Cons: (these are specific to me) - There's a lot of information to digest for those coming in with little PPC experience (don't worry the training is great) which has led to a longer learning curve than I was hoping. Additionally, due of the level of attention-to-detail this job demands, exercising patience can be a challenge sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. If I had to create an environment from scratch, I would make a lot of the same decisions you have.

"Fun, Flexible, and Challenging"

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is really laid back and everyone seems to operate on the understanding that as long as you get your work done, no one cares. Granted, the bar is set very high when it comes to quality of work. But if you want to pop in at 10am, that's fine. If you're a morning bird and like to leave early, that's cool too. Being able to bring dogs to the office is also a huge perk because emergencies happen and sometimes it's just nice to have your furry friend by your side.

The job itself is very challenging, particularly if you take it serious. And there are plenty of people and resources to help you when you get stuck. The growth you achieve is very much up to the individual and how much they put in.

Work-life balance is a very important part of the company culture. If you need to take a personal day it's not a big deal. There is also unlimited vacation and flexibility to work remotely in case you want to travel for extended periods of time. They also have company events to help integrate the culture: quarterly events, bonding events, happy hours, etc.

Cons

You can't be too meek and depend on others to guide you along the way of your personal development. There are all sorts of super smart people that work here, with a wide range of backgrounds and personalities. That being said they don't all have the same managerial qualities, so at times you may need to make sure your manager knows that you want experience in something or you aren't being challenged enough. It's an open-door environment though so your concerns will eventually be addressed, some times it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease though.

"Great Company Culture and Career Development"

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working as a SEM Specialist/Account Manager at Adlucent is a great opportunity for digital advertising professionals with < 5 years of experience to develop a diverse skill set and gain lots of marketable experience.
    The people at Adlucent are very smart, which can be a bit intimidating if you are brand new to SEM, but most are very friendly and genuinely want you to do well.
    The work environment is fairly laidback and the benefits are on par with other good tech companies in the area.
    Your schedule is somewhat flexible as long as you are putting in the hours and finishing your work.
    Big changes are coming in 2015 and I am excited to see what the future holds for Adlucent!

Cons

While it is nice that you have some power to shape your role at Adlucent, there doesn't seem to be much room for growth past the SAM level.
    Adlucent is still a small company that is undergoing some growing pains but has rolled with the punches nicely this year.

Advice to Management

Do more to hold on to good people for as long as you possibly can.

9. "It is what you make of the experience."

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and you get a chance to move up quickly and innovate if you are willing to put in some hard work.

Cons

At times the company can seem disorganized and top leadership seems to be somewhat disconnected from the rest of the employees, which I would not expect at a small company.

Advice to Management

Get to know everyone better.

10. "A great place to work."

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adlucent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Employees are very smart and there are lots of opportunities to learn. We work with big clients and everyone has a lot of responsibility, which I appreciate. Upper management has a lot of trust in the employees and actually cares about them. It's a company that is always actively trying to improve.

Cons

A person's experience here can vary a lot based on who their direct supervisors are. If you're lucky enough to get on a good team, it's a great job.