Advanced Cooling Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Cooling Technologies

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Cooling Technologies (Lancaster, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

So first you get a phone call interview. This is basic questions about your resume and past experience. Then if you get the second interview, they bring you in and have you present on something you overcame in relation to something you have overcome in the past (keep it technical). Then you answer question and they take you back into a room and an HR person describes the company to you and tells you all about working there (benefits, paid holidays, etc). Then you have a technical interview with one person and you'll be asked questions about heat transfer and thermodynamics for about 30 minutes. After that, several other employees come to interview you (essentially taking turns), which is a lot less technical. After that, you will get a tour of the facility, get lunch, and then leave.

They tell you that they will pay for the trip, but it's a matter of you pay and they pay you back. It's been 3 weeks since my onsite interview and they still haven't paid me for the trip. I'm assuming I didn't get the job at this point since I didn't hear anything back. I'll update this if that changes.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:

How does a heat pipe work?
      What is the equation for heat conduction and what do the terms mean?
      If you had a soda can, how would you measure the pressure inside of it?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Cooling Technologies in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ACT in Aug 2016. The waiting period between interviews was long and spanned for 40-50 days between initial HR contact to the final decision. The first round of interviews was a 30 min telephonic conversation with 2 R&D engineers. The questions were mostly resume based and were trying to check my compatibility with the job requirement. Later, I was called for an onsite interview at Lancaster, PA. The day was laid out like: Technical presentation (30 min, on any topic of my choice), 5 in-person interviews (30 mins each), followed by a facility tour. The interviews were fairly technical with a few behavioral questions.

The overall experience was average.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advanced Cooling Technologies (Lancaster, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

After a pressmen interview with a hiring company, I spent a few hours in person at ACT. It was a great experience that included a presentation of my choosing to some of the engineers, meeting a number of members on the engineering team, HR managers, and taking a tour of their facilities. After approximately 3 hours and a lunch, the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• How does a heat pipe (their main product) work?   1 Answer

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by an on-site interview. The whole process took a month. They checked my references and the interview process was fairly technical rather than behavioral.

Pay was too low.